[OFFICIAL] Weekly Dev Update Screenshot Challenge: Ecosystems: Arctic Tundra

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another screenshot challenge! The idea is to collectively explore different parts of the world together - areas that may be very familiar to you or perhaps a new place you have never flown before. Feel free to find others to fly with to capture the challenge, or go solo!

Last week’s winner from Color Series - Red: @Wisse06

This Week’s Challenge

Your second ecosystem screenshot challenge - Arctic Tundra. Take a screenshot flying around in this type of environment in the sim!

Quote from https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/:

• Arctic Tundra: Mostly found in the Northern Hemisphere of Earth, it is located between the taiga biome and ice caps. In the two seasons, summer and winter, temperatures never get hotter than 50 degrees F in summer, but might get as low as -150 in winter. Due to low rainfall and extreme weather, the most common plant life are mosses and lichen, but all plant life is dependent on normal ice cap run-off. This area, found in Alaska, northern Canada and northern Russia, also houses caribou, wolves, foxes, and polar bears.

If you have screenshot challenge ideas for the future, please DM me!

Rules

1. Any time of day
  2. Any type of weather
  3. Code of Conduct appropriate liveries
  4. Default aircraft or aircraft from the MSFS Marketplace
  5. Up to 10 entries (screenshots) allowed

The rest is fair game! Use your creativity! We will pick the top 11 shots. 1 will be featured as the main photo of the next dev update and the other 10 will be featured in the community section.

You may also add a watermark or username to your image if you wish.

How To Submit Your Screenshot

Just post them below here in this thread. Thank you for participating and have fun!

Note: This thread is for screenshot submissions only. Unless you have a particular question about the challenge, please do not engage in casual conversation here. Thank you!

Nunavut, Canada

3 Likes

Landed Cessna Caravan on Varanger peninsula, northern Norway

3 Likes

5 Likes

Asia-Europe traffic over Siberian Tundra
The number of people living in the vast area shown on this image is a bit more than than double as large as the number of passengers in the 748. There is exactly one human settlement with roughly 1200 inhabitants ( Yuryung-Khaya).

3 Likes

5 Likes

13 Likes

not got many from up there but this should do the job. Back when I was learning how to properly utilise MSFS’s camera capabilities:

4 Likes

Flying the Alaska Bushtrip (such wide expanses of just rugged terrain)

5 Likes

5 Likes

C152 Brooks Range Alaska

5 Likes

Northern Iceland

7 Likes

Northern Russia

6 Likes

Well, I think I may lose the challenge this time. The screenshot is from Iceland bush trip.

3 Likes

some more from the bushflight in alaska last night and today

such wide views of just endless pools, rivers, tundra/taiga all over the place, love it here!

5 Likes

Iceland. I could play with the weather all day long… :heart:

3 Likes

C152 - Nova Zembla, vicinity of the Novaya Zemlya southern nuclear test site (NZSTS)

(places near Basjmachkino look like this…)

(looking for the area of the surface test at #2… not sure)

3 Likes

2 Likes