[OFFICIAL] Weekly Dev Update Screenshot Challenge: Unique Landscapes

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another screenshot challenge! The idea is to collectively explore different parts of the world together - areas that may be very familiar to you or perhaps a new place you have never flown before. Feel free to find others to fly with to capture the challenge, or go solo!

Last week’s winner from Newbies, Watch this!: @Netiense

This Week’s Challenge

Unique Landscapes: This challenge comes from your friendly simmer @GhostlyFrend - Find some uniquely strange or weird landscapes around the world. And no, we don’t really mean a funny scenery glitches (though we have all seen our share of those), but rather the crop circles, crazy rock arches, crazy-colored lakes, or a glacier the shape of a cat type of discoveries. Good luck!

If you have screenshot challenge ideas for the future, please DM me!

Rules

1. Any time of day
  2. Any type of weather
  3. Code of Conduct appropriate liveries
  4. Default aircraft or aircraft from the MSFS Marketplace
  5. Up to 10 entries (screenshots) allowed

The rest is fair game! Use your creativity! We will pick the top 11 shots. 1 will be featured as the main photo of the next dev update and the other 10 will be featured in the community section.

You may also add a watermark or username to your image if you wish.

How To Submit Your Screenshot

Just post them below here in this thread. Thank you for participating and have fun!

Note: This thread is for screenshot submissions only. Unless you have a particular question about the challenge, please do not engage in casual conversation here. Thank you!

2 Likes

My entries:

4 Likes

French-Polynesia Cessna 172 Amphibian and Tokyo Diamond Aircraft 62 scenery flight preset:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 30.07.2021 14_11_30

2 Likes

2 Likes

some Xbox Series S shots

India

India

Japan

2 Likes

Lixian County, Sichuan, China:

Desert of El Dakhla, Egypt:

Ts´ehlanyane National Park Lesotho:

Desert in Qiemo County, Bayingolin Mongol Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang, China

Lake Hillier, Australia

Zovk, Kotayk Province, Armenia:

Ak-Talaa Valley , Naryn Region, Kyrgyzstan

Artibonite Department, Haiti

near the Colorado river Delta, Mexico

Lake Chad, in Chad

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yellowstone National Park - Grand Prismatic Spring

2 Likes

Tucson Air Force Base

3 Likes

Diavik Diamond Mine

8 Likes

2 Likes

Spectacular Piton des Neiges, Réunion

Lençóis Maranhenses National Park, Brazil

3 Likes

Iceland, vicinity of Isafjördur

The Netherlands, evening over Katwijk aan Zee

4 Likes

9 Likes

Pink Lake, Australia (-33.845278,121.827778)

Los Coloradas, Mexico (21.598862, -87.984816)

Joffre Lakes, BC, Canada (50.34634177579508, -122.47739057310616)

Taklaman desert, China (37.57327148891788, 81.34096198305421)

4 Likes

How can anyone hat this gorgeous Flight Sim and even say “now I give up, that is it I am leaving forever…” - the scenery is perfect and nothing wrong with it, the lighting is perfect (I have switched on HDR10 and RayTracing and upgraded self-shadowing to a 4096x4096 resolution and currently fly with LOD settings of 3.000000 for smooth performance with zero noticeable pop-ins (or pop-ups I don´t know the exact programmer and developer term this immersion-breaking culling of scenery is called - but I don´t have this problem even with lower LOD modding to “only” 3.0000 instead of six or ten like some of you absolute ultra computer enthusiasts can do, my Radeon 5700 has it´s limitations yet still there is gorgeous graphics and great photorealism.)

Do you see this tiny hole in the clouds where the sun rays are breaking through? Awesome!

I know Scotland is not exactly super-exotic with almost Mars or strange planet like landscapes like some of you people are able to post - but I just can´t find any cool craters or hot springs with rainbow-colored sulfuric stone formations and other stuff, but maybe if I wait long enough Nessie is coming out of this lake? Or maybe there is even a Plesiosaurus down there these Lochs are sometimes hundreds of meters deep :wink:

Jasper National park Canada,on the way to Seattle for the frequent flyer miles

2 Likes