Screenshot by Maniek87PL
We would like to announce that our next hotfix, Version 18.104.22.168, will be released within the next few business days. You can read more about the fixes coming as well as other issues we are working on here. To anyone who has reported instances of installation issues, crashes, or other experiences that are inhibiting your ability to enjoy the sim, we apologize and are hard at work gathering data and investigating your reports.
We would also like to welcome Chris “SeedyL” to the Community Team as of this week! He has been an active member of the Microsoft Flight Simulator community over the last year through his Twitch streams with his wife “FactualGull” and their Shiba Inu “Winglet”. He is a long-time flight sim enthusiast and also holds private pilot and glider pilot licenses.
- The MSFS team
To learn more about Accessibility in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click here.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work has started on this item
- We are actively monitoring your feedback regarding issues that appeared in the DevMode following the release of SU 5. Once reproduced, these issues are prioritized and assigned to a member of the SDK team.
- Pop-up windows now appear even if their associated tool is hidden.
- Scenery Editor
- We fixed the group rendering bug.
- We are investigating various issues related to Projected Meshes.
- Aircraft Editor
- We fixed the corruption that could occur within CFG files when saving your project.
- We disabled some optimizations (no-signed-zeros, no-honor-infinities, no-honor-nans) initially activated in SU 5 as part of the fast-math option.
- We worked on a modified wasi-libc to mitigate the issues introduced by the three optimizations listed above.
As of August 2nd, we have now approved 205 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 115 (+0) have released 511 products on PC (+1) and 64 on Xbox (+64).
In total, 1,212 products (+34) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 365 products (+4) from 3rd party developers are in production (231 announced, 134 unannounced). In total, over 1,577 3rd party products (+38) are either released or are in development.
993 airports (+23) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 774 airports (+22) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 407 airports (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 108 airports (+1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 111 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
190 aircraft (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 58 aircraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 35 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 109 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 23 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
355 sceneries (+14) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 341 sceneries (+12) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 34 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 14 sceneries (+2) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
39 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 39 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 4 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
There are no Marketplace updates today.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial!
Join us for a community fly-in around the Southwestern United States as we explore Cliff Palace - Mesa Verde, Shiprock, Monument Valley, and more. Click here for more details.
Are you a new flight sim pilot playing with an Xbox controller? Check out this video from YouTuber Squirrel for expert advice on how to improve your landings. With some practice, you’ll soon be “buttering the bread” like a pro pilot!
As a follow-up to Friday’s Community Fly-In, we suggest visiting the majestic Grand Canyon. When planning your flight, consider using this freeware add-on from modder JustOkayPilot for Grand Canyon National Park Airport, KGCN.
“Diavik Diamond Mine” - Screenshot by YusufWardana
“Dubai, UAE” - Screenshot by canuck695
“Bush flight” - Screenshot by GamingCat2130
“Greece” - Screenshot by gordongreig
“Somewhere in Madagascar” - Screenshot by thalixte
“Iran” - Screenshot by CD8TLympho1818
“Lanzarote, Canary Islands” - Screenshot by Hugothester
“Iceland” - Screenshot by SnagglePss68
Screenshot by ThrowawayShelf0
“South New Zealand” - Screenshot by Ju1ius2416
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – August 12th, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team