[OFFICIAL] Weekly Dev Update Screenshot Challenge: Your First Flight

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another screenshot challenge! The idea is to collectively explore different parts of the world together - areas that may be very familiar to you or perhaps a new place you have never flown before. Feel free to find others to fly with to capture the challenge, or go solo!

Last week’s winner from Highlands: @MrGoose5897

This Week’s Challenge

Your First Flight: whether you’re a PC player who has been here since launch day one year ago this week or an Xbox player who recently joined the Microsoft Flight Simulator community, we all started somewhere. When you opened the World Map and loaded up your first real (non-training) flight, where did you go? Did you explore a big city like New York, London, or Tokyo? Was it a scenic wonder like the Grand Canyon, Mount Everest, or the Matterhorn? Or perhaps you flew to your home town? Whether the destination was majestic or modest, let’s see some screenshots showcasing your first flight!

If you have screenshot challenge ideas for the future, please DM me!

Rules

1. Any time of day
  2. Any type of weather
  3. Code of Conduct appropriate liveries
  4. Default aircraft or aircraft from the MSFS Marketplace
  5. Up to 10 entries (screenshots) allowed

The rest is fair game! Use your creativity! We will pick the top 11 shots. 1 will be featured as the main photo of the next dev update and the other 10 will be featured in the community section.

You may also add a watermark or username to your image if you wish.

How To Submit Your Screenshot

Just post them below here in this thread. Thank you for participating and have fun!

Note: This thread is for screenshot submissions only. Unless you have a particular question about the challenge, please do not engage in casual conversation here. Thank you!

1 Like

My first flight was in KJFK in the Icon A5 and flew around the airport.

1 Like

First Holiday!

Approach into Majorca!

My first flight was from EDDG southbound over my hometown of Münster in a 787.

10 Likes

Still remember how blown away i was. Headed straight for New Zealand, the first flight was here above Mount Allen & the Taieri River on the South Island.

1 Like

First flight was out of Heathrow, where I have taken most of my IRL flight from. Flew back in tonight to a beautiful sunset :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cairns airport as a tech alpha tester. I had to recreate the pic for this as I didn’t know how to do anything like that at the time.

2 Likes

Seriously? I just flied home and lost my navigation. (lol)
Well, this screenshot was my first IFR navigated flight on MSFS over the Chinese land, from Guiyang(ZUGY) to Guangzhou(Canton)(ZGGG).

My very first MSFS screenshot was this one :shushing_face: 26-nov-2020

1 Like

First flight was the Courchevel challenge.

1 Like

I’ve immediately flown to Japan on my first flight and was stunned by the graphics!

2 Likes

Awesome, I fly an Icon 5 remote control plane, Fun as hell to fly. It has a removeable cockpit, so i drilled a hole in the back of it and installed my gopro so I can take 1st person video while flying. My I ask where you got this plane for the game? I would love to fly it

1 Like

Over Rome, Italy. August 2020

1 Like

Although my first first FS flight was at Merrill C. Meigs field in Chicago back in FS4. . .my favorite FS first flight were these:
I love 787’s. I had to fly one out of my old stomping grounds at KDEN. . .

Next I flew a Citation from Baja California (with live weather just to fly through a major tropical storm) back to CO.

And lastly, I’ve always wanted to fly bush flights in Alaska. . .so I did. :slight_smile:

What is the deadline for submitting screenshots?

Took the car out for a little fun…lol

1 Like

I don’t have my first flight captured, but these are my earliest shots. I miss how nice the clouds used to look, and it was so beautiful and atmospheric. That’s been lost in the current release.
California wine country, Holland Park, Wadi Rum, and three shots from the Arkansas river valley.

1 Like

My first flight in MSFS was at EGNF, Netherthorpe in the UK. This small airfield is renowned for having the UK’s shortest licensed runway, and is where I learned to fly. It was disappointingly represented in FSX as just a couple of green lines for runways. So when I first fired up MSFS, it was the first place I visited. I just sat in awe at how accurate it was. Even the concrete numbers and arrows were visible. The perspective from the window as you’re coming into land is almost identical to the real thing.