Ok, I had to do it... Where is "Self Loading Cargo" for MSFS?

Maybe if you had sent him an email you get an answer

Bull…, He had to bypass the door routine long ago and bring his 1.6 version on the market.
The door routine can be implemented at a later time with a small update.
Why telling all kind of stories and promise his customers he will release 1.6 update soon.

He will never release new updates because he abandoned the program!!

3 Likes

Why would I email someone who literally shut down a whole discord server because fielding questions was “becoming too much”. Tbh i shouldn’t have to email him. THIS UPDATE is 2 YEARS late! After like 6 different " it’s about to release"posts. He finally said… Ok this time for real guys… And that was two months ago.

Legit question, are you him? Because I can’t see how any customer of his could respond " maybe you should have emailed him" when I say, why isn’t he updating ALL of his customers rather than expecting each of us to email and ask him for the 100,000th time what the hold up is.

4 Likes

Forget the update and the developer.
He’s gone and his app hangs on version 1.55.
That is and has been the reality for a long time.

2 Likes

Lol don’t have much of a choice on that.

Last communication with developer of SLC.

Hello Steve,

What is the future of the SLC app?
Will 1.6 version of SLC ever come out or is the development abandoned.

Greetings, John

---------------------
Morning John,

Thanks for your email :blush:

The remaining bugs in the new scoring system are well on their way to being resolved and after that it is a case of documenting the new functionality in the user manual, updating the website and it should be good to go. At last!

Fingers crossed it’ll be within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, Steve

When exactly was this communication? One year ago? Because around that time he used to say the same.

2 Likes

Yesterday!
And i know and everybody knows that the developer has said a lot of times, it will be ready soon. He keep saying that and the question is do we believe that?

I don’t know. I don’t believe him because as I said earlier I talked to him on Discord before he locked it as private and around Christmas 2020 he assured me that 1.60 is around the corner and it shouldn’t take more than a couple of months. And it seems that he always introduces something new he uses as an excuse for delay. This time it is documenting the new functionality in the user manual :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for asking him! At least probability are high that it produces some fun new drama :joy: as I wouldn’t hold my breath for a split second on him saying “it’s right around the corner at last my friends!”.

Let’s bet on whether or not this will be yet another excuse or if we’re in for some huge surprise. But to be honest, gambling with that guy Steve is akin to playing russian roulette with six bullets in the cylinder…

1 Like

One thing is certain though is that his Excuses Generator® has gone wayyy past its Alpha stage and is probably past v9.9 now given how refined and bugfree it has become over the years :smile:

2 Likes

It is coming soon, it’s almost there, it’s on final testing, there are a few things to do, finaly it’s almost completed, fingers crossed it’ll be within the next couple of weeks, etc, etc… :yawning_face:

5 Likes

ahahah :joy:
I definitely wouldn’t “cross my fingers” with that dev unless I want each and everyone of my 10 fingers ending up tied into several painful knots in a tangled mess. :grin:

1 Like

Honestly, I had high hopes for SLC and to see the Discord completely dead (no one can post, I assume the dev was not happy with people asking where the promised updates are) and no updates being released is a shame.

Probably the worst add-on I have bought so far with MSFS just due to the lack of transparency and development support. Dev could just tell us if the project is dead.

Anyway, I gave up and went back to TFDi PACX which gets some sort of support and update at least. It’s just sad to look at the little SLC logo on my desktop every now and then to just think of what could have been…

1 Like

I also believe just like others, that the project is completely dead. The dude is on Twitter posting yet he cannot get on and update his customers. If you think this project is still alive then you are naive, as I was once.

1 Like

SLC- rest-peace

2 Likes

The Fenix Airbus has a fully simulated cargo bay loading animation with cargo door opening and ground vehicles loading stuff, and the PAX are slowly filling their seats in 7 - 20 minutes depending on the passenger number with every single seat being randomly filled including seat number. And all that can be observed in the EFB. Including a name list.

All PMDGs and the Fenix can do this, including adding all ground vehicles and doing endless other stuff :slight_smile:
In the Flysimware Cessna 414 the passengers are even sitting on the seat when loading them with the EFB.

That´s why I don´t exactly see the point of this app or enhancement.

1 Like

I am using PACX also.
SLC has a nice interface therefore it was a interesting alternative.
But now i’am back to PACX.

Self loading cargo actually is a great add on . If only he had sorted the door issue or let us have a way round it . I fly pmdg and it would greatly enhance the experience. It sits on my desktop and I have yet to find anything to replace it adequately .I have used it many times but the intermittency of the door bug and all the various workarounds dont work. PACX I advise keep away they are rude and arrogant . When I emailed and asked for a save function I was told politely to fly the sim they wanted not how I wanted.
I wait for an update or a good developer to develop a replacement with all the features . I miss SLC

It’s not only about loading an aircraft. There are announcements, safety briefings etc.