Ok so that's why Asobo Downgraded his game on PC?

Let’s not mix bugs with graphical downgrades. The bugs affect everyone, with the exception of crashes which can vary for users. But they will probably be fixed soon. Graphics however haven’t been downgraded in the traditional sense, you don’t notice the draw distance compromises during normal play. The lower RAM usage and performance increase on the other hand, you do.

This is the scene I get landing near some trees in the H135:

The grass is great, the trees are abysmal. They never used to be this bad. This was what convinced me of the visual downgrade.

(This is with the trees set to “High” in the options.)

It’s a crop

1 Like

there is a very clear degradation in the cloud rendering and water rendering. Even with my high end machine on Ultra, there is ‘blocking’ and ‘banding’ visible.

update:
I have since corrected this banding and blocking by making some adjustments to my Nvidia settings.

Well some would say that the culling of scenery is definitely a downgrade. I would think those playing in VR would be most affected by the culling. The reduction of LOD many people do notice that. Now I can see why some players don’t mind and like the better performance. Still others do mind and didn’t need the extra performance. Neither side is wrong. Microsobo could have give both sides what they wanted but I believe they were too focused on making sure XBOX was as good of an experience as possible.

Star Citizen :joy::joy::joy:

pure propaganda, like everywhere right now in the world, politics or forums people are even get paid to spread false information,
that’s why i’ve been out of one of these propaganda forums (avsim) for a long time now
the flight simulator runs perfectly for me, i actually fly only in VR and it runs perfect.

2 Likes

pretty much everyone who is happy is running vr, go have fun

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify my statement earlier and attached below this, when you check memory usage the Taskmanager Process EXE of FS2020 does also include the Virtual Memory or Disk Cache and a bit more linked processes so technically yes it will show a bit above 7GB but that includes Mem and shared Swap File System cache, but Developer Mode only shows used in game RAM and VRAM so is more accurate to the limitation. Also some others like After Burner can show total memory including System ie W10 etc.

Statement:

• MS/ASOBO have limited RAM and VIDEO Memory in the PC Version to Match the XBOX! It is hard coded to 6.8GB Available RAM and 6.5GB Video RAM to use and no more. Does not matter how much ram you have 16gb 32gb… or Video 8Gb 11GB. You will not be allowed to use it on a software level of the Sim.
    • I see people increasing LOD to 4, 8 and more but it all has to squeeze in to 6.8GB of RAM and just means more is swapped in and out on the fly. Then take addons they have to now fit in to the 6.8GB Memory footprint as well. So this is causing more and more popping and pressure on the system. If you do not believe me run FPS in DEveloper mode and I defy anyone to get passed 7GB Memory and RAM its impossible. So load up large addons and increase your detail and textures and more swapping goes on and pressure on the system. Its the good old Memory Bottleneck in the software due to it been limited. Also why can we not see the graphic graph in delveloper mode? because it is FULL RED HARDLINING 100% all the time at maxxed out. So all they need to do is un stop the RAM and Video Limit they have applied to the coding. Please check on your system if you are unsure or dont believe about this.
2 Likes

I’m noticing the difference between what Task manager and MSI too say compared to MSFS?

Very interesting. I wonder if this would affect photogrammetry data too. If you have a higher LOD set but you are limited to those memory amounts, would it fail to stream the data and not load.

The comparisons I’ve seen are two different locations at different times of day at 2 different zoom levels, not much of a compare. Let alone measuring anything.

Ahh, you fly without ortho and only autogen. Yeah, there’s not much to worsen. But it looks even only like a game.

OK, here I am flying above London City in the FlyByWire A321NX and the sim is using over 10GB!
See the Windows process screen in the bottom half of the screenshot…

You need to check the RAM usage through the FPS counter in MSFS developer mode.

Emmm it looks amazing to me, are you telling me that looks bad to you??
Here are a couple of pictures I took today, if there is a downgrade I cannot see it.

Taking off from Barcelona

Over Lanzarote

4 Likes

Are you serious? It is a huge difference indeed, specially the quantity and quality of the houses/buildings. I am so sad to see this among with other graphical downgrades. I am on vacations far from home so I haven’t seen SU5 with my own eyes.

This hits the spot! Hit the nail on the head for those saying “Just wait they will fix it”.
Doesn’t work like that, if no one said anything they’d quite happily leave it as it is!

3 Likes

Obviously you are missing the mark.

Ok, as you suggested, I just did that in Dev mode.
And according to the FPS counter it’s still consuming around 10GB !
Have a look…