Ok so that's why Asobo Downgraded his game on PC?

I have my PC version set to Medium and I’ve seen all of those effects, two of them in the last 2 hours in fact.

I use both PC and Xbox Series X.

Which one do you prefer?

I don’t see any “huge downgrade”. The game looks incredible.

2 Likes

At the moment I’m still using the PC version for the freeware mods, but on the Xbox Series X it’s the flight sim I’ve always dreamed of. No stutters, no pauses, autogen etc. from horizon to horizon. If you bought MSFS from the MS Store it’s free on Xbox.

Nice. I might just get an Xbox X instead of a PS5

What plane?

We do get those effects. They ARE on PC.

There are definitely users out there who are able to get a somewhat comparable experience that they had pre-SU5. As long as they don’t mind the culling for the performance boost then you are probably pretty satisfied. What I am more concerned about is the large number of CTD, the live weather bugs, and the poor data streaming that many users are having. Now if your not affected then that’s great, but it’s no consolation to the people who are having issues. It is a big downgrade to me when I can’t even get photogrammetry to load anymore without windows popping up and saying I don’t have enough bandwidth and tiles will not load even when I am 1000 feet from them. It is a very poor experience.

2 Likes

Seems like people using the xbox console are not having any data streaming related issues. Wonder if they are directing more bandwidth towards those users while giving the PC users the shaft so their precious xbox launch is received very well by all those shill game “journalists”

1 Like

But is it unrelated? really? Large cities (popular detinations) have been like that all weekend. With some the server load was so high the sim would stall when attempting to load, at others I have experienced CTD when approaching the major airport in the area and for a fair chunk of yesterday I did not once see Edinburgh load in correctly.
Indeed in Edinburgh the issue is not simply that the buildings are not loading. It’s loading a completely different building type. - which at least 2 other users confirmed when they visited and took screenshots which they then posted to the thread.

All the scenery that makes this sim anything special is streamed so it’s fair to say that the server capability is central to how the game looks visually.

Ok I have removed my post… but what planes? is it only on default planes?

Thank you for putting this comparison out. My conclusion is that Xbox X is as good as PC but S version is slightly worse but certainly playable and attractive. I see no evidence that PC version graphics have been downgraded and will stop wasting my time with MSFS PC fanatics who claim they have been cheated by the port to XBox. Thanks again!!

1 Like

So far - the default C172 floats, X Cub floats, DR400, Longitude, and the payware BN-2 Islander.

1 Like

I use both, one at a time, on the same internet connection. The PC stutters and pauses while the Xbox is butter smooth replicating the same flight in the same default aircraft.

Ok, wanted to test this, so I went flying around the New York skyscrapers in a light aircraft, and the FS2020 process was consuming around 8.5GB as I was circling the big buildings (Empire State etc.). So it would not then appear to be hard-limited in terms of RAM usage - no?

Something aint right in the big city, I just did the same?

This is information from one screen shot I figured I would save you all the 5760x1080

Clearly the dev mode counter backs up Cpscomutermen but MSI afterburner and task manager say different.

Long story short my memory use is saying 8gb higher and my vram close to 2gb?

I dont actually agree that they should only produce a PC version, they need revenue to make this title pay and that means catering to the consoles as well as PC. But I think they should have had slightly different versions for each.

If this is true then I will continue to enjoy X-Plane 11 and soon X-Plane 12 whilst I wait with little hope and priority for Asobo to put their simulator back together graphically again.

I think if X-Plane 12 delivers on what its promising so far, which is high end visuals / immersion AND the exact same incredible flight model it has today, then there will be little point playing this Xbox game.

1 Like

lol that view looks like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002.