Online status is always offline and cant change server

I have the same problem and it’s really frustrating because I would like to play on a server and observer players doing there own things if anyone has a fix please let me know :slight_smile:

Hi, i had the same problem. Solution for me was to go to Options → General Options → Data and set Online Funtionality to ON and hit Apply and Save. I had to restart MSFS after that.
I dont know how it got turned off with me but that helped me atleast.

7 Likes

This worked for me, thanks!!!

1 Like

Since a couple of days the server is offline for me. When I switch on the multiplayer mode so I get the connection to the server, but I don´t need to play in the multiplayer mode because it works fine before without that mode on (I guess because of a bug in hotfix 2?) I have the stock version. I tried logging out and in all af the platforms. Any ideas?
Thanks, Werner

But, Is it neccessary to get always the sever online to get Bing datas ? Or does it not matter?

multiplayer

Is local connect and multiplayer supposed to be grayed out? I had the issue where it wasn’t connecting to servers as someone else mentioned here, but I restarted and the profile icon is no longer grayed out, and I can select EAST or WEST USA servers, and online status.

Why is multiplayer grayed out? Is it because I don’t have any friends? Am I that big of a loser? lol

1 Like

multiplayer2

UPDATE: I choose “World Map” from the main menu, and went in to start flight planning. In the upper right I licked “flight conditions” changed the setting on how I see players from “live” to “all” and back to “live”, and now the local players is not grayed out at the top (first of four icons across the top near gamer tag).

I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s been doing my head in

1 Like

You are the best!!!

Worked for me perfectly!

1 Like

Klicka på multiplayer set den på on och spara det. Eventuellt logga in igen.

go to your data folder turn maltiplayer worked for me

Solution https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/online-status-is-always-offline-and-cant-change-server/429114/16

MODERATOR EDIT:
I see that I am not the only French to have this kind of problem. Soon a week that I have this problem :sob:

Je vois que je suis pas le seul francais a avoir ce genre de problème. Bientot une semaine que j’ai ce problème :sob:

Do you guys know if there is a solution ?
Still don’t know what to do

Used to work fine for me but today all my settings are gone and it says not connected. I’ve signed in and out of apps, rebooted and always the same. I would blame Asobo but it strikes me this is some Microsoft functionality that isn’t working. Either way this simulator goes from being a joke to simply taking the proverbial. Where do I get my money back? Out of interest did any of you have problems with the last hotfix: I had to go through hoops logging in and out time and again, installing the Xbox app, to get it to download. Maybe the two issues are coincident?

EDIT: Also what Xbox privacy settings do you have: all mine are Blocked. Maybe it wants some permissions enabled (it shouldn’t - I should be able to play with fully private settings - but you never know)

Yes and Yes to connection problems and the xbox app.

I have the same problems for the connction it says disconnected but in other games I am connected so i don’t know and for the restrictions I don’t know you have to check what is wrong

The only way I got it working again - last night - was by formatting the disc that MSFS was on then re-installing from scratch. Weird that since then there are several things which I’m sure it didn’t use to do; such as it says “syncing data” or something like that when running the sim up. NEVER used to do that. I almost wonder if their update process over the past 12 months hasn’t fully worked in clearing out old installs and leaves them in an odd state NOT the same as a fresh install and hence why some people are seeing issues that many other people just don’t see. If you were an early adopter it might well be worth biting the bullet, gutting the MSFS install and going from scratch. Obviously that’s a huge pain but my install seems a lot happier (still bug ridden) since the “enema” I gave it.

I had a problem that I couldn’t go online so I signed out of my account and now I can sighn in its stuck on when you first get the game it says let’s get you signed in it’s just stuck on that and I cannot load it atall and can’t play or do nothing

In Seetings Menu DATA enable on Line Then in Multiusers set to On Apply and save> Now look at your Account top Right and the server shoulkd now be online

2 Likes