Only one Sim Update in 2023?

Last year around this time when we got the roadmap for 2022 all the SUs were added to the calendar. This time there is only one (March). I love to see the work WT will be doing with the AAU, but what about the base sim? AI, ATC, Weather, Multiplayer +++?

What will Asobo be working on in 2023?

1 Like

I was also wondering if any of the three “surprises” listed as “sim updates/surprises” might be a combined SU with something else, somewhat like SU 11/40th Anniversary edition.
Regards

1 Like

There will be more than one SU for sure.

Maybe they just learned from this mistake and don’t put SUs too early anymore onto some fixed timeline without clearly knowing what’s going on (SU10 was moved to another month basically).

Or they just ran out of space in this format as there are many new items which were not there before. It’s already crowded:

2 Likes

Probably being dense here, but what is AAU?

Don’t wanna spoil so I point you to the Dev Q&A from today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aircraft and Avionics Update apparently.

3 Likes

I wonder what the surprises will be. But then they wouldn’t be surprises.

On the video, the AAU discussion starts around the 33:30 mark.
Regards

Guess we’ll find out :wink:

From some interview one had a few days ago with Jörg I guess at least one will be a Xbox title crossover like the Pelican was (hmmm
 Crimson Skies? Maybe?).
Maybe we gonna see spaceflight and the Space Shuttle as there were some hints this year, especially on the partnership video with the Smithsonian :wink: - and/or one might be the AN-225 (pretty unlikely as it’s a ton of work and they just decided to start this project this year ofc.)

Just many wild guesses!

The an 225 would be awesome but how should the scan it? The second one isn’t finished yet

They don’t need to scan it - they can classically build it using blueprints and other documents directly provided by Antonov. Anyway, as said, I by myself think that’s unlikely happening this year :wink:

Blueprints? That’s not how it works :smile:

Why only one sim update this year?

Is there something big planned for SU13, like a release build of DX12, and it being out of beta?

There will be as many sim updates that there can be this year. Its just beta period for a sim update can be a month, or perhaps it takes several months to get a stable release. 2-4 sim updates are probably what can be realistically expected, but due to the nature of a beta having a variable length of time, it means putting sim updates on a calendar isn’t feasible.

Where can I view the latest Roadmap?

Maybe it’s time for some FU’s
 Fixing Updates instead of introducing new fancy stuff and braking things which worked before.

8 Likes

Regards

Thank You!

1 Like

The one big new feature planned that isn’t yet natively in the sim at all is single-plane multiplayer (i.e., ‘shared cockpit’) – I imagine there will be quite a bit of fanfare when that gets released since if they do it right and it’s not a buggy mess it has the potential to be hugely popular.

Pretty much everything else slated is either scenery in some sense (seasons, power lines), or polishing and upgrading things already in the sim (weather, graphics, traffic, atc, etc.)

2 Likes

Hello!

I looked at the development schedule for the year 2023. I saw that there would be no more simulator updates in 2023. Sim update was 12 for this year. Do I see it well? How are these updates now?

Thanks