Open up communications with Reality-XP

realsimgear has my 530 working perfect… i just swapped out all the mfd’s with the 172 gns530… popout the screen and walla… i found most of the in game garmin g’s arent much better anyway. I did purchase the TDSSIM gtn750. it is a work in progress but does work for every plane with AP. i heard they are working with RSG for their 750. I run the 750 on a tablet with touch using spacedesk with minimal frame hit. My RXP works great in my other sims and i routinely check for updates. Hope Asobo grants them access.

1 Like

Will someone from Asobo please work with CptLucky8 in allowing RXP to be developed for MSFS2020? I’ve spent a considerable sum in a C172 replica using GNS530, and have been patiently waiting the past year for Asobo to support RXP.

Considering the large investment I made in hardware and P3D add-ons, I think MSFS2020 is missing a lot of potential marketplace revenue from stubborn pilots like me who want to use all their hardware, not just some with Asobo’s product.

Until that support arrives, I refuse to fly my hardware in MSFS2020, and will remain an active P3D v5 user.

2 Likes

RXP products are some of the best I’ve used, it only makes sense to want these great additions in ANY new flight sim!

I’m not sure why this is even an issue that has to be addressed by the community, because it shouldn’t be.

Whats it been a year now?? Whatever needs to be done, just get it done already!!

3 Likes

Could not agree more.
You can find some crappy addons in the marketplace (and some very good ones too).
I don’t understand why a renowned dev of quality products like RXP is having issues getting in touch with ASOBO.

Charles

3 Likes

RXP should have a place at the table 20 years of development Asobo is missing out

4 Likes

More to the point, the whole MSFS “COMMUNITY” is missing out. !

Why is this even an issue, and why is it taking so long to come to a satisfactory resolution ?

Very strange and disturbing situation, as viewed from the outside by a MSFS customer.

Very sad.

2 Likes

My view on the topic: it’s a complicated situation that isn’t easily resolved. I am a happy RXP customer in P3D. I love what they have provided there, but I can also see Asobo’s and Microsoft’s view here. The implementation via using the Garmin trainers CAN be clunky. It is wholly dependent on the availability and distribution of the Garmin trainer and is locked into whatever navigation database Garmin ships with the trainer - that database is not upgradeable. (Or at least, if it is, it’s a prohibitively expensive endeavour)… I can see WHY Asobo/MS doesn’t want to rely on that. The “patchwork” approach in that product is apparent to me - they are trying to make this sim a little more self-contained. In P3D, EVERYTHING requires a 3rd party solution (if you want to enjoy the sim to its full potential) - scenery, weather, turbulence, navigation, etc. As a result, you have P3D running one nav database, your FMS based aircraft running Navigraph database (the base sim database is NOT upgradeable via Navigraph unlike MSFS and XP), and your navigation/GPS gauges are running yet 3rd version of the database. Flight planning CAN get messy with that. Yes, there is additional functionality present in those GPS gauges BECAUSE they are using Garmin trainer software, but that whole approach gets to be messy, in a way. I can see why RXP wants to have MSFS allow their stuff - their livelyhood depends on it as P3D sales are drying up. But I can also see the benefit of using more… sim-centric approach with FULLY NATIVE gauges that don’t rely on Garmin trainers. What happens if Garmin pulls their trainers? You are screwed. Just recently, I have invested into Flight1 (RXP’s competitor) GTN Complete. Guess what? Garmin released a new trainer and because the original developer of Flight1’s product left the development team, the GTN Complete does NOT support the latest Garmin trainer. NOW, because the original developer isn’t there anymore, Flight1 announced end of life for GTN Complete. All sales already stopped and support will end in December of this year. The product requires an update for EVERY NEW VERSION of P3D - guess what? P3D v5.2 just came out. GTN was made compatible. This week a Hotfix came out for 5.2… Guess what? My GTN gauges don’t work. Will they get updated? Maybe. But after December, any new versions of P3D will break that product and there will be no further support. So either switch to RXP’s GTN or… kiss your GTN goodbye. What if Garmin stops offering the download of the version of the trainer the current version of the sim gauges supports and the gauges don’t get updated to support the newest version? They are DONE. So, as you see, from a consumer point of view, it’s a messy solution in a way. I think some of THAT is the reason Matt from WT was justifying the decision to NOT support Garmin trainers for now.

Contact with RXP HAS been opened. But last we saw publicly, there was still an unresolved disagreement. We just don’t have progress that we know of yet. Maybe they will come to a common ground. Maybe they won’t. We don’t have of knowing right now. It’s definitely an interesting situation to watch and see how it develops. But the reality is none of us really know how this will all play out. It’s a little bit of a dance right now, and a lot of discussion and compromises. This is not a bad thing.

3 Likes

But it’s not a case of Asobo/MS relying on the RXP product ?

as far as I know, it has never been suggested that the RXP “Garmin Trainer” solution be adopted to replace the default Asobo/MS system.

I have no idea why this has become such a issue, but where I stand as a consumer, I would like the CHOICE to make up my mind what I want, and what 3rd party addons I want to add to run as part of my FS experience.

2 Likes

I don’t see what any of this has to do with Garmin Trainers. Asobo said they don’t want them on the marketplace. Fine. So why are they still blocking RXP? Maybe he has plans for other products, built in JS/HTML or WASM.

Before the DC-6 for FS2020, PMDG have never, ever sold a product for FS2020, and all their products were for P3D and X-Plane. I don’t see Asobo blocking their marketplace application because they don’t allow P3D or X-Plane content on their marketplace. And considering all of their previous addons relied on DLLs, I find it very interesting I never saw anyone from Asobo telling them flat out: “No, we cannot work with you or even reply to your emails cause we do not want to run DLLs in FS2020.” I know reading that you find it very silly. Why would they block PMDG based on their past addons? Of course they can convert those to FS2020. Well, why not say the same thing about RXP? There are other RXP products besides the GPS units. And there may be new products in the pipeline. Asobo made a lot of effort in order to help PMDG bring their P3D addons to FS2020. @CptLucky8 is offering all the necessary information for free, and no one from Microsobo is willing to even give him the time of day. Why is that, I wonder?

Bringing up the Garmin trainers makes absolutely no sense. Asobo have made their terms clear, and they can reject addon submissions if they want. Is there any other vendor being held to this standard? Is there any other vendor being asked if they hold contractual agreements with various manufacturers for addons they may or may not develop in the future? Has anyone had to prove they have a licence from Cessna, Piper, Boeing, Airbus, Garmin, or any other manufacturer in order to be approved for the marketplace?

There is absolutely no reason to block such a well established developer, acting like there is only one thing they will ever develop, and nothing else. Frankly, this unreasonable fixation on the Garmin trainer is bringing up a lot of red flags for me. So if people could maybe treat RXP like any other developer that wants to sell FS2020 products, that would be nice.

Besides, this topic is mostly about the wealth of knowledge @CptLucky8 has to offer. Based solely on that, Microsobo should be bringing him on board, not just hearing him out.

3 Likes

Asobo should not try to reinvent the wheel the reason P3d and every other sim before it relied on third-party content was a more stable platform and better products with Microsoft Flight simulator endless bugs CDT’s and FORCED updates will hurt this platform rather than help it I have Flown flight sim since 5.1 and have them all from 5.1 to msfs2020 X-plane P3D extra… the real story is they don’t think they’re broken GPS needs any help it has nothing to do with Garmen trainer that system can easily be tweaked or removed from the equation

2 Likes

they can try to make a gps built in as closed as possible from real unit, why not. they are a lot of people not interrested by a 1:1 fidelity with real unit (and a built in solution will never be at this ratio, never) and each customer has is own needs, this kind of built-in (approximative) gps can satistying somes, and probably the majority.

That Microsoft does an internal gps must not prevent gps by third-party developers from existing. it is then up to the customer to make his own choice. I am willing to take the risk of a trainer based gps even if this is to stop in the future and I doubt that would be the case for the one from RXP which has been supported for 20 years. Flight simulator franchise which has been discontinued for 15 years. Using a gps rxp is therefore less risky than using MS Flight Simulator ;).
A new version of a sim should not see regression appears, and actually, this is the case as we can’t have such unit with 1:1 fidelity AND well integrated (the only one existing at the moment is not truly integrated).
The problem doesn’t seem to be the access to the market (for the product only, it is a problem for others rxp product without any reason advanced) but some missing features (and i think not really difficult to implement) to make total integration of garmin trainer based gps possible. But they prefer to make new contents instead of implemented features needed for a best sim experience and fixing bugs (some as old as the beta version).
And remember, this thead is not only about rxp GPS, it is about communication with rxp, all that rxp can afford to the sim by collaborating (the sim really need aviation experimented people !) and by others rxp products blocked which could enhanced user experience. It is a waste

5 Likes

go on holidays. Hope to see some evolution when coming back.

(“Rebellions are built on hope” (c) Rogue One)

I’m using the RealityXP Products from a long time ago mainly the GTN simulators, and they have been adding value and a great experience to the flysimm community

First the market must be open giving the opportunity to all the partners to give their best - that’s the best for all approach in any market and business today.

Additionally, having good partnerships and the best developers with good products , as it is in this case, must be an option in the table as well.

Finally, having useful feedback from the users and a real and honest interest to listen the community will improve the FS2020 continually, as we all want fot sure.

The best for all,
CyberTell

3 Likes

Im not getting the issue with RXP. I do get that their current code works with the older sims but doesnt work on this new generation. I have multiple 3rd party addons that work fine for both the external Garmin gtn750 simulators and the internal gns530. The information is there for RXP to write new code to match our new sim. Does that mean we have to BUY a new version for our new Flight Sim, Sure does. We all have stepped into a new reality of Flight simulation. Why not update everything else to make it, as they said back in the day, “As real as it gets”. Come on RXP hire your coders and get back in the game. FS2020 is not going away.

That’s not true, actually. As far as I understand, FS2020 does not have some basic features required to make some complex gauges possible. But this isn’t just about RXP’s GPS units. Not only does RXP have other products besides GPS units, but he maybe wants to release new products. And the main point here is that @CptLucky8 has been very helpful in the community, and has lots of experience and suggestions which would benefit the community. Microsobo have gone into partnerships with other devs of questionable experience, so I don’t think it’s too much to ask for them to give him a chance.

2 Likes

good point… wasnt thinking about special dev treatment. I thought they all had the same access.

If my understanding of this is correct (and it may very well not be) devs with marketplace access benefit from better support from Asobo.

And as they choose who have access to the market, they choose which devs will benefit from better support as showed in this thread :

So by blocking RXP (not for garmin trainer based product but for ALL his other products), this major and historical sim dev is at the same level of support than a new and unexperimented dev (except some unknow until msfs and now 1st party dev)…ununderstable

And products on market sell at very high volume. It can makes the difference between keeping alive or die for an small editor. MS have with this market power of life or death on devs, that is not only about a better support.
And criterias for market access seem very “obscur”. Quality don’t seems to be one of them in any case.

1 Like

Greetings,

I’ve been a Reality XP customer for quite some time.

Once FSX finally came to an end for me I ended up moving to a competitive simulator. One of the reasons the transition was successful for me was the ability to purchase and use the RXP GNS/GTN series of applications.

Once MSFS came out I didn’t make any attempt to move to that simulator. I decided I’d wait and let it bake so “things” could settle down. I purchased the premium edition about a month ago. One of the first add-ons I looked for was the RXP GNS series. I was dismayed to find that the RXP line of products are not available.

I, for one, would like to have the RXP series available for my simulator experience. I’ll be putting MSFS back on the shelf to see how this pans out since I already have a valid sim. The fact is the MSFS marketplace will get by just fine without me. However, I cannot get by without the superior workmanship of the RXP line of applications.

Thank you for listening.

-Matt

3 Likes

I would like to add my voice to this choir. I am a big fan of the high fidelity avionics offered by RXP and would love to see them in MSFS. Asobo, please get in touch with RXP!

3 Likes