Orbx Auckland City Landmark Pack

Thx, yes I have all the world updates installed. I’m not sure if maybe the last update screwed up them both playing well with each other. My next thing to try is uninstalled the NZ world update and try reinstalling it. But one wouldnt think I’d need to do that, because it looked fine before I added the Orbx add on. It’s always something! ha!

1 Like

I’m on Xbox Series X as well. The Sky Tower and Harbour Bridge don’t show up for me either, and I have WU12 installed. I reached out to Orbx support, and was told that the developer will be contacted about the issue. They have the impression that there are too many 3D objects in the area for the xbox to display due to the limited amount of memory. Hopefully some sort of patch will be released soon.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for checking on your XBOX. I thought I was going nuts and was about to start deleting other other airports in the area just to see if they were conflicting so I could tell ORBX. Def sounds like it’s just pushing the XBOX a tad over its limit. (or they need to clean up some programming). Either way, they’ll prob fix it and update it at some point (I hope). Now I can get back to flying instead of scenery prob solving. Thx again!

1 Like

Same here on the series S. I raised a support ticket with ORBX when I first installed it, it has since been closed awaiting developments. I’m not sure if anyone else had reported issues at the time.

I found that at certain times the sky tower and harbour bridge would display but half the city buildings were missing including most of the waterfront area, (Hilton, Cloud, Ferry building). The War Memorial museum would also not load.

1 Like

Was thinking of buying this at the current reduced price but now hesitant…

Aside from the Xbox issues, is it any good? WU12 PG looks pretty poor but the harbour bridge looks good (better than in the Orbx pack to my eye). Any detail improvements to the approach to NZAA? I love eye-candy on finals!

I’ve only seen it on PC, and only bought it the other day. I had a fly around in the heli but haven’t done an approach. I think it looks a lot better, especially the docks and marina areas, but the city itself is improved as well. I’m happy with the upgrade, at least how it’s supposed to look, rather than the xbox rendition currently.

I have most of the orbx city sceneries and various other developers city sceneries as well. I think they all make a big difference if you want to fly around the cities and explore, and some of them really improve the skyline if airports are close by.

Personally I don’t recommend any of this scenery on xbox with the sim in it’s current state. I switched to PC mainly because my series X just couldn’t handle running these add-ons properly.

Thanks. I have a few Orbx city sceneries myself and although some buildings/structures seem oddly out of place at times I’ve always found them to be solid performers. I actually bought Dublin just now and it’s pretty good, some really nice high-res detail in places but I wish they’d have a go at some custom ground textures to replace the poor satellite imagery. Got the two GB packs (where’s South, though?) plus Dubai and London. The GB series are lower res textures but I guess that’s the price you pay for the extensive coverage area. Or it could of course be different devs as a few go under the Orbx brand.

Samscene’s Tokyo is great but I’ve only the one of theirs. Got no Drzewiecki ones as they’re comparatively pricey, even in sales (plus they’re mostly in the US, where I rarely fly).

1 Like

At this point in time it’s busted for me also. So I;d just wait till they fix it if I was you. If I had known it’s not working on Xbox I would have not purchased it for sure. It’ll go on sale again at some point, maybe it’ll be fixed by then.

1 Like

I’m not convinced about their “Xbox being incapable” excuse because there are bigger, equally-detailed city packs (e.g. Samscene’s Tokyo and even Orbx’s own Dubai) that run just fine. Sounds like a quick get-out while they attempt to fix it.

Yeah sounds like a conflict or other straight forward bug. Another one of those things that somehow happens on xbox but not PC. In my experience on xbox it doesn’t just omit specific individual models like that when the going gets tough.

No, it doesn’t. Asobo’s KDFW does have vanishing terminals — but it’s not particularly detailed so, again, likely something else. If disappearing structures were related to Xbox memory issues we’d surely see it in other, more complex scenery. Downtown Auckland is an extremely compact area and as far as I can tell there’s not too much detail away from it. It’s also an area of PG so it’s not like one can argue that their London, for example, is less intensive because of the underlying infrastructure. Same with Sydney, Paris and Singapore. I think the only cities they do for Xbox that are built entirely from the ground up (pardon the pun) are Dubai and Dublin.

Going off on a tangent here but how does Orbx Paris compare to Prealsoft’s? And Orbx Singapore to Cloudsurf? Always makes it difficult when there are two devs with the same city!

Another currently in the sale is Orbx Sydney. Looks nice too.

Orbx Sydney is on another level in terms of coverage. See Orbx Cityscape Sydney vs World Update 7 - #65 by RagingWombat839 for pics.

I have Orbx Paris and Singapore and I like them both. I don’t have the competing products so I can’t give you a comparison. I doubt many people buy two overlapping sceneries so just look at reviews and make a choice.

1 Like

I really want this scenery, particularly since it’s currently on sale. Are there any Xboxers (Series X) for whom this pack performs as it should?

Hasn’t worked for me. I have both a Series X and a Series S and same problem on both.
Will give them a small amount of time to fix and if not, will request refund. I was really looking forward to this one as well.

1 Like

Has anyone seen/heard if these issues are resolved? My support ticket was closed but after reinstalling this scenery again to test there are still a large amount of missing buildings!

I’ll submit another support request if others are still having problems.

It’s still messed up for me also. I’m hoping it’ll work after the soon to be released 13 update. Once they get things like this fixed I’ll start making market place airport & scenery purchases again.

I just came across this topic and Im on XBX with New Zealand update installed but not the points of interest and I have Orbx Auckland installed:

The only thing I know Im missing is the lighthouse out in the bay but I’m not over familiar with what should be there.

Months have passed and no sign of a fix — worse, no response when you raise the issue on their social media.

This is bad form from a developer who regularly officially partners with MS/Asobo.

Just reading the Orbx team’s personal picks list and under the Auckland city pack, it says, “Now updated to take advantage of early 2023’s NZ World Update”. Anyone know if the issues have been resolved?

I think the watermasking has been changed as to not conflict with the NZWU masking- possibly the terrain mesh too.