PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

you get two cockpit versions - kinda new and worn out, but you need to manually copy some files over to a specific folder, it’s not working via switch or some kind of in-sim setting.

1 Like

it’s the one from MSFS, they didn’t implement their own one. you may improve it with a mod though.

Just Flight have said before that due to SDK limitations with GPS units you can’t input a flight plan in the GPS100, only use the one you set in the world map.
However I think, but am yet to test, setting up a flight plan with the GNS530 and then switching to the GPS100 which might show you that updated plan?
If you’ve read the posts here from the RealityXP guy you’ll understand that the current SDK really can’t handle custom GPSes so not overly surprising the GPS100 isn’t fully simulated

“It’s not a full/custom simulation of the GPS 100 as that’d be too much work for such an antiquated GPS that’s only used in our PA28. It uses data from the default GPS system and that’ll be expanded upon if/when they improve their GPS system. Thanks.” - JF

3 Likes

Could it be that you had icing conditions? The visual representation is not there, but it still could affect the performance.
I’ve seen that happen on the G36 having icing set to “visual only” caused my performance degrade until I wasn’t able to climb at all without stalling.

1 Like

What were your power settings like? it’s worth consulting the charts in the ODM Manual they’ll give you the throttle, prop and mixture settings you should be aiming for depending on your phase of flight and altitude.

Based on the ODM (page 8), in clean configuration at 2700rpm, full throttle and mixture full rich at standard OAT, you’ll climb at 90kts IAS @350fpm through 10.000ft, fully loaded.

So I guess the expectations of the performance don’t meet reality here, 500fpm at FL110 is too steep except if OAT is -35°C or lower :slight_smile:
The Turbo will have better performance.

Make sure to report issues via their support page/ticket system.

The used look is I think based on the real version of the Arrow, but that’s a matter of taste. You of course can switch to the non-used look which is included.

The Standard events seem to work but the according switches don’t move, if I understand a report in the other thread correctly.

The tablet was never intended to have more functionality. While I understand the wish, there is no reason to expect that.
I would have wished to have proper checklists ingame though - my support ticket about them entirely missing was closed without response :frowning:

@GrimPhoenix9349 is active in the other thread to respond to some of the performance feedback.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s possible to adjust the rate of change on the rudder trim… it jumps up rather than being smooth transitions.

Don’t have the JF Arrow yet, but SpadNext might fix it. Payware though, unfortunately, but there is a trial. The issue sounds similar to the elevator trim problems discussed here:

You can also have older weathered cockpit, but clean windows by copying certain files around. I really like it that way.

2 Likes

Yes. And Sim Update 3 was supposed to make big improvements in the GPS but unfortunately that didn’t occur.

Pity they priced it at 45 USD. I thought such pricing models were a thing of the past with MSFS reaching such a wide audience with greater sales potential. Shame. They will exclude a lot of potential customers at this current price level.

11 Likes

I think that is an old version of the preview versions possibly. I had 3 versions of the preview build and the 2nd version was really fast. The 3rd version slowed back down and when using the TAS calculator on the airspeed indicator (setting ALT over TEMP), the TAS was within a few knots of the TAS numbers from the actual Arrow III manual. That version also had a very high fuel flow and if you look below the MP gauge you can see that power is actually set for about 75% power and should be burning around 11-12 GPH and it is near 16 GPH.

I had zero clouds but it was a bit frosty. About -3° celsius at 5000ft

Just tried it, OAT at FL110 is -12°C, 2700rpm, leaned mixture to ROP, full throttle. I end up at around 102kts IAS and 500fpm while climbing through FL110.

Not sure why you reduced the rpm to 2500, but that’s probably your issue there.
The ODM has charts for full rich mixture which is of course not the best in these altitudes.

1 Like

Hi, it might have something to do with the button on the transponder itself - there’s a picture of it along with an explanation on page 27 of the manual - it looks more like a small LED than a button, you can find it immediately below the ‘IDENT’ text.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I will check it and then try it again. Will report.

That’s the IDENT button…
If I ged a squawk and I tune it in and even after pressing IDENT, the ATC stays quiet and at some point cancels flight following or IFR.
Transponder is on ALT and blinks regularly, but ATC doesn’t seem to recognize it.

I checked via SimConnect, the squawk is correctly set, I assume it might have to do with the knob that enables the transponder.

I now reported it to their Support, seems I can’t get the Transponder to work with ingame ATC.

1 Like

It won’t be a thing of the past. More involved aircraft/development requires pricing to be higher. Wait until QW comes at $100 and PMDG at $140.

Thought it was worth a shot and went out to test it myself (didn’t really use ATC yesterday).
I can confirm that I have the same issue where the communication with ATC stops the same way - my ATC-panel looks exactly like yours.

Hopefully a minor but that will get fixed quickly, lovely plane.

1 Like