PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

Do you have the Global AI Ship Traffic freeware add-on?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no. But are you supposed to be able to enter a route directly into the G100?

There is also a bundle pack.

I got the bundle and got a coupon code for 25% off the Warrior II.

Yeah I asked about that as well. It provides all the menu options you get on the real one but there is no way to tab though and highlight the fields so you can enter data.

The answer is no, you cannot. Though if you have the pop up gtn750 installed you can enter one there and the G100 sees it.

That is kind of a bummer. Maybe in an update it will be more functional.

Does anyone know if they are actually planning to fix the GPS100? Have they said anything at all to acknowledge the issue?

I do not think it is a fixing thing. It is working as intended. it was never meant to be programmable by the sound of it.

So not working? As in designed to not work properly?

1 Like

I could not be bothered to find the original reply. But basically yes they more or less said there was never any original intent to add functionality to manually program a flight plan into the G100. It is not broken. It was never intended to have that function. Presumably they did not think there was enough demand for it to warrant the considerable work involved.

Which may have been a good call, anecdotally most people seem to fly the JF PA28’s with the 530 or the gtn750 not the G100 .

Also presumably, if enough people are actually flying with the G100 and requested it they would reconsider - however I would not expect them to add the functionality on the mere basis that some people think absolutely everything should function whether you use it or not. That would be poor allocation of resources.

It would have been nice, but instead I just pop out the 750 and load my flight plan in there and turn the 750 off again once the plan is entered and fly with the G100.

1 Like

Agreed. I hope their allocation of resources does not revolve around yet another PA-28 variant though.

1 Like

Word is the Fokker F 28 Fellowship might be next.

Still plenty of tempting Pipers like the Cheyenne and the Commanche to be done though.

1 Like

The PA-42 would be welcome. A twin turboprop with the same fidelity as the Arrow would be very interesting to me.

Of course, but I only started seeing ships when I approached Kagoshima (coming from Suwanose-jima in the Tokara Islands). Not much traffic going on in that area.

I know, but it’s more expensive than buying it the way I wrote (which is why I did).

Have you installed the latest update from their site? … it seems very solid on mine

Yes, I expressed a similar hope about a month ago and you enlightened me that there were still plenty more PA-28 variants possible.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks…I think so, but I will double check. I have since completed a couple of flights with no crashing, so no doubt just my set up.

And I though I was saving money with the bundle.

1 Like

… or staying with pistons, a PA60/PA61 Aerostar :smiley:

one exceptionally pretty aircaft …

3 Likes

Wondering if anyone else is using the logitech switch panel with the Arrow as I am having trouble, eg when I switch on the landing light it also toggles the strobe light, the fuel pump will toggle both strobe and beacon lights etc.
same with pitot switch.
Any ideas?
thanks