PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

So as I was setting up my controls for the PA-28R in SPAD.neXt, I came across the LVARS for the display of the various GPS avionics. I found a way that seems to work 100% to disable and remove the GPS100 from the stack and put in a blanking panel. I wrote this out as simple pseudocode so you can implement it in whatever way you access/change LVARS.

IF GPS100_VIZ=1

THEN

GPS100_BLANKING_VIZ=1
GPS100_VIZ=0
GPS100_OFFON=0

END

I also tried to get the GTN650 to not show when the GTN750 option was selected and instead show the factory COM2/NAV2 radio. I succeeded it getting it to display. But it seems the COM2/NAV2 radio is INOP as the dials don’t update the display frequency and you cant turn the radio to the OFF position.

Still I personally use a Logicech Radio Panel to control the radios and that still works fine. There is a thread on the JF message boards about having an option back to have just the GTN750 as it was before the GTN650 was available. So hopefully JF implements that in a future update. Regardless if you do want to disable the GTN650 and display the factory COM2/NAV2 even though its INOP here is how I do it.

IF PMS550_GTN650_INSTALLED=1

THEN

PMS550_GTN650_INSTALLED=0
PMS550_GTN650_RUNNING=0

END

IF GTN750_VIZ=1

THEN

GPS100_BLANKING_VIZ=1

END

Very good price now

3 Likes

The Arrow is practically a must have for anyone who loves MSFS

4 Likes

I it’s unlikely JF will do this, a Aerostar was originally announced by A2A to be their first plane but is currently delayed due to an accident with their plane.

I also think people are split on the looks of the Aerostar. I personally find parts of it ugly (the fuselage looks like it was made out of a boat) but that it has an incredibly beautiful cockpit. Since many planes in MSFS are the other way around (beautiful looks but ugly cockpit) cockpit is much more important to me.

1 Like

Bugger I bought it just over a week ago at full price.

1 Like

So just bought arrow 3 from just flight and it’s so sensitive that it’s hard to enjoy or steer (I’m using thrustmaster joystick). No fun. Will try with -50 sensitivity profile set just for this plane. Anyone with this problem too?

EDIT: Just read that just fly recommend using sensitivity at linear that is 0%. Will try that, we will see.

I use -29 on my rudder pedals.

I have a thrustmaster joystick too, it was so jittery out of the box I almost threw it away.

Read this and no I didn’t need to replace them:-

It wasn’t difficult but take care to photograph it beforehand for comparison and try not to turn the potis if you unmount them (although I suggest trying first without doing so)

thanks for your time. But I would probably do more harm than good :smiley: plus it works alright with all other planes. It’s the arrow that seems too sensitive. Someone pointed out that you should set your sensitivity setting to linear (all axis 0%) will try that.

If it helps try these settings

1 Like

thanks I will.

the curve at 0% as just flight proposed, work great only thing that’s hard to handle are rudders. Even slightest twist of the stick throws the plane around wildly :smiley: I will experiment with dead zone and sensitivity on rudder axis.

Ah … I use pedals so don’t have that problem (well at least it’s different). Take off with flaps 1 and trim up 3.0 and you won’t get the sudden lurch to the side

2 Likes

thanks for the tip. Yeah I can Imagine how the piper flies better with pedals and yoke. Rudders on the stick with this plane is kinda nighmarish. Still nice plane but because of the rudders I’m not so crazy about it at the moment

I’m more of a glider guy so anything that’s simple to fly does me … Of all the available aircraft I use the Arrows and the Toprudder Solo the most - This sim is just made for low and slow

1 Like

When I heard early on tha A2A was making “the fastest GA piston twin” I was so stoked. It was such sad news for everyone when they had to land the aircraft serving as the model gear up. N122PC is now being parted out.

It was unfortunate but shows that simming and flying real airplanes are still completely different challenges.

A2As problems in bringing out an airplane for MSFS seems to come from a different angle though, it appears they are not able to work with the API as they used to in previous flight sims.

Wasn’t that the original argument given by PDMG, that they wanted to do what they did for FSX but couldn’t? Eventually they worked with the SDK, and the rest is history, as they say.

The following is just my guess, I have no insight but it could be somewhat along those lines. I am no expert on the issue but have knowledge about programming.

I understood as much that PMDG programmed their extensions in Asobos recommended standard (WASM) which is different to external code. Its more comparable to a browser extension but much faster, and also safer than external code.

Whereas A2A seem to have a very sophisticated external simulation that would need to be ported (if I go out on a limb it would have to be ported from C++ to WASM) That might happen eventually but it could not be as easy as it sounds.

1 Like

Hi,
I just purchased the Arrow recently and try to do the tutorial flight.
But it seems my ADF is not working.
I dialed the frequency 0332 on the KR85 in, but the needle is not showing up.
I’m definitely within the NDB range.

Any help would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: