PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

I also see this when closing the plane down. Happens when I turn the battery off.

1 Like

Once you know it’s location you can still toggle it through the seat, no need to change positions

I have found on occasion the avatar flying the Arrow will suddenly pop into view obscuring the instruments. Only way to make it go away is to switch to exterior view and then back to cockpit view

1 Like

Yep. I also saw that.

1 Like

For you I would guess you have just experienced a more accurate flight model, and now have to learn to fly it optimally.

Morse is very quiet on all planes I have tried.

Just wondering if you’ve turned the volume up on the radios?

Hope you get it figured out, PA-28R is imo the best GA available currently.

1 Like

Your English is fine. I haven’t flown it since SU6 but I would give it some time. Maybe Just flight needs to provide an update after SU6. I love the Arrows from Just Flight. Sorry I am of no help.

AFAIK they’re aware there’s issues and are working on a patch.

1 Like

Yes it took me sometime to learn how to land the Arrow as well, it is more tricky than stock aircraft, I feel it doesn’t need as much flare as high wing aircraft.

Default sensitivity settings are recommended by Justflight but if you have twitchy potentiometers like mine you will need small deadzones. (I plan to contact spray my pots again this later this week).

1 Like

I flew the JF Arrow 3 for the first time in many months today and was really disappointed in how it flew. Controls seemed twitchy, ridiculous rudder input on takeoff to keep it on the runway, and trimming it seemed to be a real problem. I don’t remember it being this bad when I first bought it.

2 Likes

If it’s many months then you probably haven’t updated it. I have no problems with it except I never know if my copilot will put in an appearance or not. Sometimes he’s there but more often not.

There is an acknowledged post from the FDE designer on the JF forums stating they are aware of the yaw instability under certain conditions, it’s not intended but it does improve the adverse yaw to what they want. With the SU6 improvements I hope they can resolve it.

Just FYI if you have the turbo III try it out because the change they made in the 0.9 update to the basic III and turbo IV which added this behaviour hasn’t been applied to it and it’s much more stable.

2 Likes

I think they’ve been flat out getting the Hawk released. They had patches almost ready for the Arrows and Warrior but then SU6 came out and introduced more bugs that needed to be addressed. I think we can still expect patches for the Arrows and Warrior in the next week or so

As were the PA28s. The Hawk has just been released, it is getting the same attention that each of the PA28 series had at that point.

The PA28 updates will happen and soon, but please bear in mind that we are a small team trying to deal with multiple releases and the real world and all that that brings with it.

8 Likes

Do you have please any updates on the Pipers for Xbox Release ?

The Arrows received updates after release earlier this year just like the Hawk has. The current issues are down mainly to SU6. We’re aware of them and they’re being worked on currently. The Hawk was due for release this month so that happened and took priority, now the updates for the Piper’s and the Hawk are key for us and that’s whats happening. It’s no simple task, a lot gets broken and there’s much disruption with every sim update. Getting all that looked at, logged, tweaked, fixed, tested etc before we’re happy with the end result is no mean feat. Please, we just ask for some patience, we’re on the case. Thank you.

6 Likes

Thanks for your assurance. There is one - (and I’m not saying bug because I am running overclocks) but when I turn off the battery and the return to main menu prompt appear the Arrow III’s dash starts shimmering in a weird fashion. I wouldn’t even mention it but it’s something I haven’t seen on any default aircraft (yours is the only addon I use).

1 Like

I’ve noticed that with a crosswind the arrow can be difficult to control on takeoff and touchdown if you dont have a little aleron turned into the wind. Also a bit more speed can help as well.

Id like to hear comments on how this matches IRL.