PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

Since the SU6 update the sideswipe is far less brutal as the weight transfers off the wheels. I’m not a pilot in real life though so I’m not saying it’s correct.

Thank you for the response , good day.

That’s exactly what airplanes do in a crosswind IRL (from your description, you might of course have an actual issue)
SU6 has improved crosswind takeoff/landing by a lot! Not perfect yet but a whole lot better

1 Like

I need to steer the JFPA28 into the crosswind moreso than the default aircraft.

How much seems more difficult to figure out other than trial and error.

I should start putting crosswind notes in my logs.

I remember the early exasperation expressed over the MSFS friction model so I hope this now might give JF something more tangible to work with for their next update.

1 Like

I have found that 3-4 degrees of back elevator trim has totally solved the takeoff weathervaning issue in the T Arrow. Makes an amazing plane that much more enjoyable and safer to fly on Vatsim as I don’t swerve all over the place.

1 Like

I flew the Arrow Turbo IV for the first time since SU6 and it was great. I did have the scary pilot pop in front of me, but everything else was nice. I do miss my co pilot.

2 Likes

One or two’s a bit more realistic though … it’s actually what the green zone in the HUD is there for, both take off and landing.

Some nose up trim and maybe a tiny bit of rudder trim always made a huge difference to take-off in the Arrow in game. Probably not entirely realistic but it is what it is.

One other significant point to note about the JF PA28s, which is very realistic, is PA28 tend to drop like a brick with full flaps, gear out and no power. You cannot just dump flaps and shut the throttle on short final like you can in a Cessna you need to keep a trickle of power on. Hershey Bar PA28 are worse for this (but float less) than the tapered versions - but they all seem to do it.

For anyone actually interested in the technical aspects of the various PA28 wing designs this is a good article:

https://charles-oneill.com/blog/cherokee-tapered-wing-float/

2 Likes

They are on the marketplace now!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! :grinning: :+1:

Just purchased the Just Flight PA28 Arrow/Turbo Arrow bundle from the MSFS 2020 Market Place, and this is what I’ve got…

Anybody else having this problem? There are more double buttons under the yokes.

This was a bug in SU6 which can affect all aircraft and causes both the interior and exterior models to be drawn. You can get around it by switching to external view and back. For some people it doesn’t happen very often, but for others it happens a lot and is quite annoying.

It should be fixed in SU7 but in the mean time it is likely that the next update for the JF arrows and warrior will be out this week which will include a workaround for the problem. Since you bought from the marketplace and the marketplace is very slow to push out updates you probably won’t get that update until after SU7 anyway though

Thanks for the info!

Any word on when SU7 is coming?

Thursday the 18th

Don’t think so…Thursday is the GOTY update and SU7 is down the road.

They are one, and the same thing I believe. I’d need to double check the roadmap.

SU7 is definitely the 18th. Expect the Arrow updates to follow that, potentially this Friday.

Right you are. I thought SU7 was in December. Looking forward to the PA-28 updates.

1 Like

I love my Arrows III but not so much having to share my seat :grin: A fun workaround is to shift over to the copilot’s side.

1 Like