PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

But of course that will break other things that worked before, to keep things interesting. :wink:

The Arrow and Warrior updates are available now. Must admit I was surprised to see them before the SU7/GOTY update.
I thought they might have waitied until after, in case the update breaks them.

Maybe Just Flight had early access to SU7 code.

Yeah I was wondering that. I hope so, it’s nice to have my copilot back, don’t want her taking a holiday again :slight_smile:

1 Like

We thought it wise to get them out now. People had been waiting long enough for theses updates already. We’ll continue to assess what SU7 might have up it’s sleeve for us and the aircraft and if required then we’ll need to work on further updates. Painful but a necessity of course.

7 Likes

Thanks for info. Hope the update doesn’t cause you too many issues.
:crossed_fingers:

Just downloaded the updates for all three, but getting the follwing error on the Arrow install. Warrior and Turbo Arrow installed okay.

Trim axis 0 to -100 isn’t working for me across the board on the three PA28 variants, trim wheel works fine going 0 to 100 but nothing the other direction.

Path name too long, either contact JF and download their finder app or simply move your C & O files to nearer the drive root not forgetting to update the new path in UserCfg

1 Like

Thanks for the wonderful update. All planes so far work flawlessly over here.

3 Likes

I have been thinking of the JF PA-28 for X-Plane. I built a custom Arrow III panel for MSFS and love it. Do you know if ALL of the buttons, switch, and knobs can be mapped like they can be in MSFS. I have the fsuipc option for X-Plane installed and I use Mobitflight and arduino for everything. I would like to see how the MSFS and X-Plane version compare.

Is this not a question to be asked in a X-plane forum?

4 Likes

Maybe. Just wondering since I already have the MSFS one.

I have opened a support ticket with JF for the following issue. They have forwarded it to the development team but can not give a time to fix. I have a problem with the cabin light. It works fine with a mouse but if I program the cabin_light_0 variable and use Mobiflight it does not work. You can see the numbers change in the behavior window when in dev mode but the light does not respond. Has anyone with this aircraft seen the same problem? I have every function working on my Arrow III cockpit but this one.

Since the recent update I’ve noticed that the state of the flaps doesn’t show up in the external view - I mean in the numbers at the screen bottom. No matter what the flaps are set to, the flaps number stays at ‘0’. Visually you can see the flaps utilisation on the plane itself, of course. Anyone else noticed this?

In Spad I’ve programmed my JF P28R to switch on/off its dome lights by doing the following:

1. If LIGHT CABIN var is off, I turn a knob in my controllers to trigger event CABIN_LIGHTS_SET with parameter 1, and then set both LIGHT POTENTIOMETER 10 and 11 to 5.
  2. As soon as this is done and the dome lights are dimly lit, I am using the same knob to increase both potentiometers (10 and 11) by 5, for a range 0-100.
  3. I’ve set the same scenario vice versa to decrease and eventually switch off the lights.

Arrow’s knob doesn’t animate but the light works nevertheless.

The above are done in Spad and I’m not sure if Mobiflight works the same way, but these seem to be the variables and events to use anyway.

1 Like

Maybe the cabin set parm set to 1 is my trick as well. I’ll try tomorrow

Well I tried this 1 (>L:CABIN_LIGHTS_SET) for on and a 0 for off. No luck yet

CABIN_LIGHTS_SET alone won’t turn on the brightness, did you also try to increase LIGHT POTENTIOMETER 10 and 11 variables?

The cabin light in the arrow can be adjusted via potentiometer 10. Unfortunately, JF coded this knob using standard Asobo code which means there’s no Lvar (unlike the panel lights for example) and therefore the knob won’t move also.