PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

Liveries are free, they have no value. Other so called models are just reskins. They should at least give the whole bundle for those 38€.

That’s wrong. The Turbo Arrow III has a different model and the Turbo Arrow IV is even a T-tail.
Please inform yourself before throwing this in.
Also liveries HAVE value, they incorporate quite some work. Also JF provides detailed PSD files for livery creators which other creators don’t.

I don’t know where people like you pull your assumptions about valid prices from. Clearly you haven’t tried to create something like that (even a livery) yourself.

5 Likes

The GPS does not turn on in this aircraft. Just black screens.

1 Like

Restart the flight. It’s a new issue with the last Sim Update 3, it’s in the Known Issues of the release notes. Not specific to this aircraft.

1 Like

11,000 feet in a non-turbocharged single? I would never attempt it unless I had to climb over mountains. Most efficient cruise altitude IIRC was between 6-8,000’. The normally aspirated Arrow is a wonderful plane but kind of a slug. Cherokees are very nice planes to fly, (I got my pilots license in them). I love them but they are not as fast as the equivalent Cessna’s IMO. I think this plane should cruise at about 140 true or so in the mid altitudes, (5-8,000’). I used to fly a turbo arrow 4 and that would get up to 165+ true above 10,000’, (but it took forever to get there). The Arrow is only 200HP and is not as aerodynamic as it looks. Mooney takes the prize for that, cruising at 30 knots faster with the same HP. I love flying the Arrow but it’s not very fast.

4 Likes

I more referred to the light itself, which is just a “ball”. Compared to the overall visual quality of the sim it looks rather rediculous (but isn’t limited to the Arrow).

Just Flight is not new to this business. These are the same prices they have been charging for years in X-Plane and P3D I believe. I would think they know what they are doing. The higher end planes seem to go for $56-$100 on those platforms and people are happy to pay for them to get the quality they desire. The lower priced $30 planes are usually low quality copies or clones that just look different, that don’t have anywhere near the work put into them. For those to let the price stop them from enjoying a nice plane can wait for sales which happen a few times a year. I just spent $38 for lunch which I enjoyed for about 20 minutes, compare that to the hundreds of hours of enjoyment I can get from a model like this :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Spot on. Fully agree. For me it’s the principle. I have been buying flight sim addons since the past 18 years and have spent a lot of money over the years. Now that MSFS is far more mainstream and no longer so niche, I feel such prices can no longer be justified. I simply can no longer justifty spending that much even if I have it and wouldn’t miss it. Frankly I find it a little greedy and pretentious even to charge so much.

3 Likes

If you are using the GNS530/430 mod, either remove it or update to the latest version.

Imagine a world we need to pay for liveries, manuals, bush trips, paintkits and other free stuff. I don’t live in that world. So they charge 38€ and don’t even include the full package. Wow…

2 Likes

Imagine a world where people don’t get paid for their work. Yeah, bright times.
I’m out.

4 Likes

I am not using the mod but still cannot see the GPS’.

I bought the JF Piper Warrior II for Xplane and found it to be a decent model of the real aircraft, at minimum you’ll learn where everything is, the flight model is passable as well. Looking forward to trying out the Arrow III… just patiently waiting for the reviews, not bad so far…

Someone mentioned in another thread, that this is a known issue, and restarting the flight would solve it. I hope this helps.

Thank you for the insightful answer. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully, they can get it worked out at some point because I find these older systems fascinating. What’s bizarre is that the entire system appears to be functional, just without the cursor to input anything.

Where is it that you see it’s more main stream now? Desktop flight simulators has been out for over 40 years in different versions. You think there are more simmers now than ten or twenty years ago? The number of real pilots has decreased steadily for decades. I’m sure because Microsoft has included this software with an Xbox live account more people will try it, but I don’t think too many will become long term sim pilots any more than they already would have with the past versions. Maybe Flight Simulator is getting more users from the P3D and X-Plane community but not sure where else they are going to come from. What gives you that idea? I hope you are right but I just don’t see any evidence. Have you read Navigraph’s latest industry survey? Quite a comprehensive review of the world we play in. FlightSim Community 2020 Survey Results - Navigraph

1 Like

anyone have issues with control sensitivity on approach under 80 kts? This thing is hard to land smoothly

Probably operator error on my part, but seems to happen randomly - with the AP and Heading switches set to ‘off’ the aircraft has been spiralling to the ground when adjusting the navigation/approach coupler knob. Same thing happens when clicking on the Piper logo hotspot for altitude hold.

2 Likes

Did you touch the coupler before engaging the autopilot? Maybe you then ran into the same issue as I did.

1 Like

The one thing that needs to be considered is how much volume they will do. Yes, with MSFS there are far more potential customers, but the market for a fully functioning Piper Arrow is still going to be niche and the price likely reflects that. After all, look at the number of people who bought the Carenado Arrow III. The Carenado approach of building great looking aircraft with basic functionality and flight models seems to be where the larger market is. That is where I would expect to see volume pricing.

1 Like