Payware Bell47G By FlyInside Available now

I see a lot of claims lately, that the 47G is “unflyable” or “uncontrollable”.

Here is me doing the impossible and actually flying the “unflyable” (as some people claim) Bell 47G from FlyInside at full realism, including following the Catalina airport fence, multiple hovers and landing. Check out the second half of the video for the unedited cockpit view of me performing this impossible feat. I must be the best pilot in the world, pulling that off (I’m really not …)!

00:00 Unflyable External Flight
03:51 Unflyable Flight from the Cockpit

11 Likes

Very nice flying :wink:
I need to give this another attempt with my gear. Maybe I had the wrong profile or something loaded in HeliManager (another reason I dislike those external apps!) or I’m just too used to the Cabri now but I was all over the place no matter how hard I tried and how much I concentrated lol

1 Like

The 47 cyclic is very sensitive, which can lead to pilot induced oscillation. For me it helped a lot to reduce the sensitivity to 50 in the heli manager.

a 20cm joystick extension has a similar effect, as you can deflect the cyclic a lot further for a smaller effect on your joystick sensors.

If you look at how long the RL cyclic is, compared to a standard physical joystick, that should give a clue as to what extension or sensitivity changes you will need to make to improve realism.

If you watch the cockpit segment of my video pay close attention to how much the cyclic moves around. That should give you an idea how much you have to work to get her where you want her to be. You have to constantly wrestle the 47G into compliance otherwise you will indeed be all over the place. It really is the proverbial broomstick balanced on your hand. You have to counteract before the helicopter even moves in a particular direction. But don’t overdo it, or it will dart off in the opposite direction.

It requires full concentration and a relatively light grip on the stick, otherwise you are going to wear yourself out quickly, especially when trying to follow an exact path or hovering in position. Overall it’s definitely harder than the 206.

Yeah makes sense I’ll give it another try and change my curves!

I use linear curves in my in sim sensitivities. No weird trickery, basically just default settings. The only change I made is for the rudder axis: I set the center point in such a way that I don’t have to keep constant pressure on my twist grip to keep the anti torque pedals in a good position for straight flight. I don’t remember from the top of my head which slider that was.

I also use default settings in the Heli Manager app. Realistic and sensitivties 80 - 5 - 0.

Of course all that may vary, depending on your hardware. I use the Thrustmaster Airbus stick and the Airbus throttle quadrant

I’m using my SideWinder FFB2 with just 7% friction and no self-centering, so I can definitely use a light touch and it is very reactive to small movements so I’ll just check the HeliManager settings and probably try knocking down the in-game curves to -25% or -30%, as you don’t really need that much accuracy in the extremes anyway.

For throttle / collective I have the Saitek X52 left hand thingymajig which has a bit of resistance but it’s smooth and has no notches at the low end.

For rudder, Logitech pedals.

1 Like

Coming soon, a revamped FlyInside B47 with all the Bells and whistles of the FlyInside B206… new features! Stay tuned. Not too much longer now! XBOX Supported!

RotorRick

11 Likes

Excited to hear it! Your 206 is still the best heli for the platform IMO.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I look forward to see the new features

1 Like

So this is out now but very silent here.
Has anybody bought this on xbox and mapped the buttons so it works as it should and how is it to fly?

Mainly, we have folks hanging out on our Discord server. But to paste a comment:

brain 10/27/2023 1:36 PM

My first few flights in the Bell 47 have been fun and challenging. I like that you can adjust the difficulty, remove the doors, and all the features it contains. I would certainly recommend anyone to give this helicopter a try!

That gives you an idea :slight_smile:

RotorRick

2 Likes

@RotorRick00

Yeah, I’ve been ‘hanging out’ on your Discord server, mainly waiting for a reply re the low fps when seeing other multiplayer 47’s, also the issue of no sound from multiplayer flyinside helicopters.

And to paste a comment:

Mick — 10/11/2023 11:56

Same for me, drastic drop in frames with other B47s in multiplayer. This also happens even when I’m flying a different aircraft and encounter a B47.
Another issue is that all multiplayer Flyinside helis have no sound. The soundai folder looks totally incomplete, will this be addressed in an update perhaps?

==============================

…seems there’s no sound from the developers either on the issues… :thinking:

I brought this up well over a year ago on their official forums.

I don’t fly it that often these days and haven’t flown near another one for ages, but it’s disappointing to hear the problem is still there after all this time.

1 Like

It’s a known problem in Multiplayer. Began happening with a MS beta a few iterations ago. We are working on tracking it down. If you do a search for MSFS multiplayer problem there’s MANY aircraft that are experiencing these types of issues. We keep asking for info from Asobo… no joy yet,

Stay Tuned!

RotorRick

You mean the FPS or no sound, because I have many aircraft and helis and never really experienced anything like this…

Happy Holidays from FlyInside.

As a present to our users here are an entirely new Performance enhanced versions of our 47 and 206!!! Enjoy!

https://flyinside-helis.com/updates

-Optimized WASM code base
-Improves overall CPU performance
-Increases FPS
-Reduces FPS Impact in Multiplayer with close proximity aircraft

8 Likes

Thanks to @RotorRick00 this is a BIG improvement.

1 Like

Lots of folks have been reporting big gains and smooth flights both in 2D and in VR! Solo and Multiplayer!

That’s a great thing!

Stay tuned for some big updates and a new Aircraft early next year!

Thank you from all of us at FlyInside and have a very Happy Holiday Season!

RotorRick

9 Likes