PC-6 All Variants Transponder is Non-Op

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since around SU10 beta or before, the transponders in the PC-6 aircraft remain dark and cannot be operated by the user.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load into PC-6 of choice, power up aircraft and avionics, observe dark Transponder and attempt to power it on. Note it remains dark.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU10 beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @NixonRedgrave,
I’ve received a message from QA regarding your report. They were unable to reproduce using the Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter.

Could you or others provide more information about this?

Thank you.

This is concerning to me. The transponder has had a non-op display for several versions of the sim — SU10 beta, SU10, SU11 beta, SU11, AAU1 beta.

The fact that QA (I assume at Asobo?) is unable to reproduce this means that there is some sort of version variance between public versions of the sim and their own. I don’t know if this is occurring due to end-user config/airplane state files getting corrupted that are not being rebuilt/refreshed on sim updates, or if it is a localization (English vs. French, for instance) issue, etc., but is alarming that we have “different” versions here.

It begs the question, “What else are they unable to reproduce or have diminished at their end due to thinking it isn’t an issue when what they have is behaving differently than what we have?”

What is further bothering is that I wrote this up as a bug during SU10 Beta. What? They didn’t ask for clarification then? Why not? Why am I participating in betas writing up bugs if they aren’t worth following up on, at the time? This is disrespectful of my(and all of our) time and efforts.

It is 4:30 AM here, realizing all of what I just wrote agitated me so much that I got up and made a clip of it:

This video was created on an Xbox Series X. However, I also just tested it on my PC, which only has the Marketplace B247 & DC-6 installed (both of which are not on my Xbox) and it happens on PC, as well.

Here are other references to the issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pilatus-pc-6-steam-gauge-transponder-not-powering-on/531655

As a work around, if you set “BatterySwitch=True” in the apron.FLT file then the transponder can be turned on. Not really cold and dark, but its about as close as you can get.

Unfortunately, that isn’t an option on Xbox.

Thanks for the tip, though!

• I have noticed the same issue. It is not possible to turn on the transponder when starting from cold & dark.
    Xbox Series X
    On Version 1.30.12.0

• In my case, the transponder is working when starting on the runway

The transponder works correctly if you start on a runway, but attempting to start the plane from Cold and Dark (At a ramp) is when you get this issue.

1 Like

This really needs to be fixed. What an annoying little bug. I you start from the runway you can turn it on off etc but not from cold dark. It’s got to be an easy fix…

2 Likes

This bug manifests itself when starting C&D rather than when spawning on a runway.

Yes, on PC

Start the PC-6 Turbo Porter in a Cold and Dark situation

Yes. On PC. Still a problem with v1.36.2.0

The problem is associated with a “Cold and Dark” start of PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter.