PC - Sim Update 8 - Stutter with addons

Hi guys can I ask about the FPS limited by GPU. While I have the render scale down to 95% and fps set to 30. It seems my GPU is still limited while the entire memory is not exceeded. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated.

If you tell us what your system basically is (CPU and GPU) we can help you understand what may be happening. But looking at the picture just like that, I can believe that you have a 4Gb GPU that still borrows more or less 1Gb from the memoryā€¦ that is, it looks so no good running very close to the 1440p scale.

Itā€™s a rtx 2060, cpu: i7 10700 (6gb GPU card) on a 3440x1440 screen. Settings are sync on limited at 30fps and high end setting apart from terrain vector, building and terrain pre coach, which are on ultra.

Try reducing the rendering scale a bit lower and lower your building settings to high. I have an 8gb rtx2060super and depends on where I fly the 8 easily becomes full.

Better set your game to 1440p resolution or lower a lot of graphic settings. 6GB with 4k resolution is really a bit too low for the sim.

He is not on 3K 3440x1440 is already 1440p but 21:9 ratio.

Youā€™re right, didnā€™t notice the 21:9 part :sweat_smile:, but itā€™s still 1.3 times to ā€˜recommendedā€™ resolution for that card. Your card also has 2 GB more ram which can make a big difference.

Anyway, your suggestion is the best. Which I didnā€™t see when posting it a bit too late.

I used to have stutters, Bad on the ground especially and on Landings. The fix, exists. Remove all Photgrammetry from World Updates if Flying in North/South America. Only use the PG if you are flying in that particular area, eg. Load in Australia if flying in AU. Once you remove the PG, also restart MSFS. I use 1400+ addons, GAISTV2, Seafront simulations, LFVR GVT, Aerosoft tool, REX Accuseason etc, a tonne of payware airports and scenery. Donā€™t use any DEMs other than ORBX for now until DEM issue is resolved. NO .bgl DEM works properly and kills performance. Taburet, Island Creations, Freeware DEMS from Flightsim.to. Only .cgl DEMs working properly. I couldnā€™t get my Terrain LOD past 3.50 with a hardcore set-up and full of stutters at that, now Iā€™m flying LOD 6.00 in NYC
First vid shows the entire take off etcā€¦ smoooooooooothness in LOD 5.00 San Diego USA Area, tonne of addons. Second vid LOD 6.00 Samscene NYC with a tonne of addons All settings Maxed, 3440x1440 145 Res Scale. Objects LOD 7.00 for both videos. EDIT: In the first vid, I try to shoot the views around as fast as possible, this is where even people with little stutters see them

2 Likes

Very good ! I tested the TLD 5.0(500) and I have less stutter than with 2.5(250). the OLD is at 6.0 (600) maybe not necessaryso much. But the performance is much betterā€¦lolā€¦ I could never imagine thisā€¦ tell us how you found out!?

P.s- The white circle on bottom corner still happen, but not influency on nothing now. Stunning! :rofl:

Thanks Mate!

1 Like

If your reply was to myself, This fix found me on this forum and youā€™re very welcome :slight_smile: . @f14billy urged me to try this, as it had been reported working by, I believe, every user that tried. The thread is here, where I was asked if I could post my findings as many others tried and had successes in this thread.
EDIT: This has been an absolute SIM changer for me. Itā€™s almost as good as It used to be, performance wise.

1 Like

I wish you made a video while turning during taxi. Also flying with an airliner. Have you tried them?

I wonder if itā€™ll help with making VR very smooth as well

Turning during taxi is much better also. I donā€™t have a video. The airliner of choice for me is the CRJ. It also performs, way, way, better. No, I donā€™t have a video. But will make one when I next have chance. Iā€™m not going to get Terrain LOD 6.00 in the CRJ in the most major of cities, largest/busiest airports but like I said, much better. I have a reverb g2 but havenā€™t used it in quite some time. Once Stutters took over I gave up on it. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s working better as well.

Ok thanks. Thatā€™s good to hear

Hi,
how can i Remove all Photgrammetry from World Updates?
thx.
Mike

Sorry. Might be a silly question but how do you turn LOD and TLOD to 5 and 6 as they only go up to 400

You can only make these entries in the Usercfg file. As I am a STEAM user it is inside the PC user folder. as below:

Press (windows key + R): insert what is inside the quotes ā€œ%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulatorā€ (without the quotes). This command should go straight to the file location. then just change the lines I indicated below with *****

:vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks will try this

2 Likes

It is very detailed in this thread. You have to go to your content manager, and at the first WU you see, click the 3 dots at the rightmost edge to expand World updates. then put photo as a search and you will see all photogrammetry. Even uninstall the GOTY photogrammetry

1 Like

Here is a link to the specific instructions:

Thanks @f14billy