Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

I don´t think so. I played it offline for 15min and still the same issue. It got up to 60fps in the setting menu then dropped after a couple of second.

1 Like

never mind :cry:

It is okey. It was worth a shot. We need to solve this together until the hotfix will be released if it ever will.

@Kevinos95 I just tried to reproduce what you did and I had the same effect with the exact same framerates. However I still get the “Limited by MainThread” message.

@Ju1ius2416 Unfortunately I didnt notice an impact on performance

2 Likes

Given the messages from RoyalTot about flagging this up the line etc, my hopes of a hotfix are increasing. It would be nice to find some kind of a workaround that at least improves things a bit until then (or worst case a coolfix in a little while/as part of SU4/WU4). For anyone who hasn’t seen it, this thread is also on the same topic:

1 Like

Same issue here, running this setup: i5 9600K OC @ 4,7ghz, RTX 2060 SUPER OC 8GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz, 1TB M.2 SSD.
Was running like 30-45 fps before update 3 and now it sometimes drops to 4-15 fps, this happens from time to time, follows no pattern like time the game have been running or temps etc. It just comes and goes. Last night i flew with a friend over the US west coast and we had to cancel the flight because of running like 2-5 fps constantly, restart did not help. Then we relocated to Australia and had no such issues. However the graphics sometimes gets like white pixels on some surfaces but there is no framedrops.

I really hope for a quick solution from the devs on this matter!

2 Likes

I also noticed a significant rise of my CPU Temperatures by almost 7 degrees celsius in comparison to screenshots taken before the update.

1 Like

I did a flight from Helsinki to Alicante yesterday, started out good but 10 min. into the flight it got really bad in perfomance, it came in busts every 2-3 seconds almost unplayable, I am not using FBW mod.
it was really bad the rest of the way, landing, taxi, once I parked at the gate and turned off the engines, it went back to “normal” FPS??? will try set scaling to 80, hoping for a fix very soon, it should be number 1 priority!

Came here to mention this. I have been doing some testing over the last day and I get periods where my CPU usage spikes. Sometimes it goes back down and other times it seems to get stuck in high usage. I noticed this seemed to happen in tree-heavy areas, so I dropped my trees slider from high to low and my CPU usage went back down. The kicker here is I immediately put the slider back to High and the CPU usage didn’t go back up! So perhaps something in the engine related to Tree LOD is getting stuck.

I’ve scaled mostly everything back and have LOD at 100. One logical processor still pegged at 100%, But the stutters still present. I also set Trees and Grass/Bushes to low. I still get micro stutters that turn into slideshow on turns and do get pauses that sometimes last seconds in some specific areas.

My home airport is KVRB. Every time I’m coming in for a landing on RWY 30L or 30R when I cross the Intercoastal Waterway, coming in from the ocean, I always a second or two pause. It doesn’t always happen on RWY 30L, but always does on 30R.I am running with Rolling Cache on and all surrounding data should be in the cache.

In this last test, I was flying a TBM 930.

Yep, I have the performance monitor open all the time now to monitor that. The totals were not any different from normal, 20 GB allocated 10GB active, normally 0 or 1 hard fault/sec. When that happened hard faults/sec went over 60. Plenty reason for performance to drop, but the drop was much bigger and worse than before the update, over London with that amount of faults/sec and 29 GB allocate and 13 GB active.

I’m stuck with 16GB physical for now, just filed a claim to get my money back since the RAM I bought over 6 weeks ago never arrived, never even shipped, seller not responding to emails. Newegg…

I’ll see how it goes today, I don’t get how a shorter draw distance creates more problems with trees. The outline against the sky is gone but the cost is astronomical. It was much better before the sim update.

Same here. I play on a laptop and it felt physically hotter than before, confirmed with monitoring tools. From avg 69c before the update to 78c yesterday.

You can’t fly with these frame drops. Asobo should work its updates to improve performance, it is a serious problem every time there are updates …

5 Likes

I’m one of those!. Thanks

2 Likes

ASOBO, please fix this issue. Many of us spent money for something that at the moment is not usable/playable. It’s just frustrating.

8 Likes

I had a lovely landing at 2 fps yesterday, then after stopping trees started appearing around me. Fun. CPU runs hotter, draw distance decreased, performance into the toilet, rollback pls.

11 Likes

FPS degrade yes, however I have noticed since Aug. 20 introduction that the flight dynamics of default AC has significantly improved. Also I have noticed that a large percentage of terrain “spikes” and, for example, lakes on top of plateaus (on flat farmland) have been corrected. I’m sure there are many more improvements that I have not noticed.

Yes, I was wondering if this was related to my specs.

Do they mine bitcoins on my PC since last update ? I got 100% usage on all my four cores at 7700K@4.9GHZ. Even in menu cpu is rosted to 75 degrees celsius. These temps on watecooled CPU I can achieve only on PRIME95 or bitcoin miner…, Even OCCT never gives me 75C but around 70C. It looks strange to me, maybe some rat put the mining code in it…

2 Likes

look at those frametime fluctuations and random fps drops… It is ridiculous how they can launch an update that has such an evident and performance destruction problem! WTH Asobo and Microsoft. Please fix this ■■■■ as soon as possible and improve your quality control. Simply amazing how two big Companies like this can let these kind of things pass…

JORG should start flying the sim before the release of any update or put someone of his trust to do so in order to preserve Microsoft’s reputation. I know he is a business man and probably does not have this kind of time in his hands, but when your partner has this kind of quality control problem, I would be extremely worried…

10900k, RTX 3090, 32gb @3733 latest windows and nvidia drivers

12 Likes