Performance hotfix possibly arriving today

Performance hotfix possibly arriving today

5 Likes

Very interesting. Let’s hope so. And if so, let’s hope it actually fixes the issue. I’d love to be able to use my sim again.

I expect if this does happen they’ll also be announcing a delay to WU3 as a result.

2 Likes

Yes very interesting indeed. Releasing one tonight US EST would not be following their updating schedule from the past though. The 3-25-2021 date in the snapshot come also mean that this is the date the are announcing the “update” (refuse to call a hotfix at this point) but ill stop with the negativity and keep my fingers crossed also that a fix, nevertheless, will be release tonight to help all of you guys who are not able to operate the sim.

2 Likes

Really cool, fingers crossed, never been this excited about a hot fix! By the time it’s out maybe I’ll have finished reinstalling MSFS after wiping the os this morning to attempting fixing stutters! Hahahaha

1 Like

Asobo is French-based, isn’t it? It would really weird because it’s night here in Europe right now. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean an odd time to release a patch.

2 Likes

Hotfixes usually don’t follow schedules. :wink:
Pretty sure the patch will be released with or just after the development update.

Let the 500 replies of speculation begin… (though it would be nice to have it today)

1 Like

I hope this is true- If this turns out to be photoshop magic, I’ll scream lol. Today was the first day I took a full IFR flight in a week and it was AWFUL performance-wise.

2 Likes

Likely Microsoft are the ones with the finger on the trigger to deploy the software, not Asobo. And they’re west coast USA.

It’s pretty sad we have to find out through someone guessing a URL on a server… effectively a leak. How about the community mods keep us informed?

2 Likes

Your right but everything Asobo does has been on a particular schedule so it was just an observation I was making and purely speculation.

Until the PR folks put their seal of approval, nothing gets released. It can be in place and online ready to go, but until the higher ups get their say, it doesn’t go out.

1 Like

It’s not Photoshop. The pictures are already on their server, just the article isn’t public yet.
If you know the link (conveniently it’s just a number increased for each image), you can check it yourself.

1 Like

Yeah well they should have given the green light for the community mods to share the news of an upcoming patch as soon as it was in the works.

2 Likes

What you, the CMs, or anyone thinks is irrelevant. At Microsoft, you don’t talk about ANYTHING unless you’re green lit by the PR folks.

Seeing how things have gone around here I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve known a fix was ready for a couple days already.

Don’t put this on the CMs folks. They a) may not know, or b) may not be allowed to say until the Dev Update officially is posted by Microsoft. There’s no conspiracy here. Jeepers.

2 Likes

What if the patch didn’t work? What if it caused another issue? What if it improved it a little but not enough? You want all the info but you don’t want to be let down if things need to be delayed. Just have patience. This image was supposed to be released with today’s dev update anyways so just wait an hour or two

1 Like

(Pleasantly) Surprised this thread hasn’t been removed by mods for “gossip” yet.

1 Like

I would say you answered it right there. “a leak”

Pretty sure that if there was an official release the community would have been notified. Not likely the mods would be authorized to comment on “a leak”.

Someone, after unlawfully breaking into someone else’s computer, releases information they found to the public. The public then gets upset that the owner of that private information didn’t release it first.

Anyone else find that a bit odd?

1 Like