Pink Liveries Solution and Guide Sought (Feb 2022)

Pink Liveries post sim update 5 for MSFS aircraft.

Seeking idiots guide and software solution (a program that would go through liveries per folder and fix the issue, if possible, instead of manually updating every livery file) for liveries from project mega pack and flightsim. I have a large organized livery collection.

Project mega pack has shut down so none of their liveries will be update and many creators on flgihtsim have not update their liveries post su5. I have noticed pink liveries issues on just about every default aircraft with liveries I have used.

Regarding pink liveries issues post SU5 I am looking for a stand alone step by step idiots guide to fix pink liveries written by a recognized and credible expert on the subject matter. Either as a FAQ or PDF. I have read lots of post on pink liveries with lots of responses but hard to tell if these are working solutions.

So far the best solution for pink liveries I have seen has been on flightsim but that is limited to specific default aircraft (b747, b787, a320, cj4) and the a32nx. There are pink livery issues with a lot of smaller aircraft liveries too. Plus each pink livery must be fixed individually.

https://flightsim.to/file/18505/texture-update-for-su5-747-787-a320-a32nx

There is a specific solution for the Working Title CJ4 Citation (there is also a list of compatible updated liveries) that could be found here:

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/cj4/guides/repainter

Major discussion on pink liveries takes place in forums here:

Wings are now pink since su5
Liveries Not Compatible With SU5
What was the texture.cfg change in SU6? (pink cockpits)

Summary:

1. Seeking step by step idiots guide to resolve pink liveries issues.
  2. Seeking a program that would repair pink liveries issues with lots of liveries at one time. (I and others have a lot of liveries).

I have not had any issues with the msfs default liveries included with msfs though I have noticed some people have said they have had pink livery issues with msfs default liveries.

Notes: I haven’t dealt with this sooner because of time and MSFS stability and ctd issues which have finally been resolved. I have posted here in SDK discussion liveries because it contains the most possible solutions on pink liveries. Some posts are located in third party addons, aircraft but this forum seemed the best. This may seem like an overview but it helps with my problem solving. Thanks.

Thanks for any help and responses

Please consider this post a WIP [Feb 05 2022].

Pink Livery, Pink Liveries, Livery, Liveries.

1 Like

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is using PowerShell scripts to copy corrected cfg files and whatever else needs to be fixed on the aircraft. It’s the kitchen sink issues. Some devs don’t fill out the aircraft.cfg correctly, while others have bad texture.cfg files after the sim updates. It is a mess beyond the patience of many. So, I have created PowerShell scripts for each aircraft that are slightly tailored to that specific aircraft. It fixes all problems and rebuilds the aircraft/cfg file from scratch based on what you put in the script. You must also manually troubleshoot the issues initially to tailor the scrpit to fix those issues.

My library is massive. There would be no way ever that I could expect to fix all my aircraft without scripts. It would not be possible in the least. I have thousands and thousands of skins. I’ve been working on it for months and still I am not completed. But, I will be one day, so I keep hammering at it.

I’m redoing all the thumbnails as well, even for the default aircraft. All my thumbnails match on the aircraft I completed thus far. It is a TON of work, believe me. Especially when a sim update rolls out and breaks stuff again. I’m having difficulty keeping up. I don’t think Asobo cares what they do to the thrid-party freeware with their updates. It’s not their problem.

The only caveat to using the scripts is that a specific skin folder naming convention is used. This is to allow the Powershell script to name the aircraft, ATC ID and other info need for the aircraft.cfg file. When I download a new skins now, I name the folders appropriately and then run the script. I don’t have to bother with figuring anything out on the new skins. the script does the heavy lifting. It rips through 190 skins in less that two seconds and they all work flawlessly. Even ATC call outs.

Right now, I’m dealing with instrument panels for the Twin Otter. Seems Aerosoft hard painted the registration on the panel instead of using the Asobo registration system. End result? Some skinners added the custom registration to the aircraft while others did not and the wrong reg shows up on the instrument panel. These are the kinds of issues my PS scripts resolve enmasse. I repaint the instrument panel with default text like “DHC-6 Series 300” and add that to a texture replacement folder my script pulls from. This solution is not idiot friendly, but it works.

1 Like

Thank kinda made me want to scream. Plus it seems lots of creators are not going to update their liveries on flightsim, lots have disappeared since flightsim has removed a lot that weren’t updated.

Seems like it will require a livery by livery repair and update.