Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

ah, I read it in way the “whole sim” and so I only would mention that it is very disappointing if users lost the statistics, but these are only stats in the virtual world…

Beside of this I would be also not happy if I lost my current values, but these are like yours, since long time not in sync with real-flight-time. I can’t remember when I checket last time my flight-hours. Losing my joystick settings and do all the in-game settings again, will much more worst for me :slight_smile:

yes… it would be interessting how the implementation now match the existing achivments with the zero’d values. May be dev’s have to implement an additional check that users at least can start at here achivments…

yep… same as you I told only my thinking in a hopefully not personal attacking way. Thought we have discussion forum :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

It sounds like the Zendesk response came from some kind of prepared script. The packages that needed updating were simply for two airports DFW and SWF. I assume the files were updated to correct some known graphics anomalies at both locations.

It makes no sense that updating those particular files now would be necessary to “prepare” for the next world update, since both airports are in the USA and were part of the USA update from 2 months ago. The upcoming world update is for Europe - it has nothing to do with the US.

In any case, the existing sim should not need advance “preparation” for an upcoming update. Any changes that need to be made should be made as part of installing the new update when it is released - not before.

Staging a partial set of new files on a server in advance of the official release is dangerous. If those files get pushed to the current version of the sim that is not yet ready for them, it can break things badly.

This is the second time that Asobo has done this and broken the current version of the sim in the process.

would be very helpful that the staff team and or devs respond to this thread stating that they are aware and working on a fix or an answer to why we getting this.

Not everyone seems to have lost or have this error, but as the hours and days go by more and more are reporting about it. |I can’t do any more flights till this ■■■■ sim is fixed and on that note I do not have to spend all my 500 hours to redo all my lost flights

Same Problem here.

while in a middle of flight, the pop-up “Warning: Your packages are out of date .” come thru. At the time i click on not to update, as i was 3 minutes out of 7h to finish my flight.

since that instant I lost server contact, all ATC sound , and real time scenery on the flight

All new restarts of the game, i have No servers available , no Marketplace, live weather or multiplayer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the headsup! I put a NOTAM in our group to avoid using MSFS till it is fixed. We don´t want to loose our stats. All addon purchases are suspended untill further too.

1 Like

Actually, it IS the whole simulator. The logbook wipe that some people experience is just a side effect/symptom of the sim losing all online functionality when the “Packages out of date” message appears. Bing Imagery, Photogrammetry, Live Weather, Azure ATC voices, the marketplace. All gone, once that message pops up. Yes, you can ignore the message by saying “No”, but from that point on no real world textures or photogrammetry will be streamed into the sim and it reverts to the atrocious looking default offline scenery.

So yeah, the whole simulator is a complete mess right now. Every flight is basically the equivalent of a time limited demo that turns off all the selling point features after a random amount of flying time, which isn’t fun, I assure you just wait for the hammer to drop the whole time.

2 Likes

you would thinik they would throw out a quick fix this weekend

unlikely: they f***ed up something last friday before they left the office and won´t be back until monday. Then they´ll have a meeting about this and might find a solution next tuesday. Earliest. A perfect way to build a bad reputation…

always happens on the weekend, never fails

1 Like

Well if you rush to finish your designated work by Friday and make it live as you walk out the door …

what I wrote:

But together with @DenisVarlamov88 we clarifed my misunderstanding what he has meant: …the profile stats of entire sim…

2 Likes

Ah okay, gotcha!

1 Like

The packages out of date error started before these 3 USA items got updates. Maybe the beta test is to blame and instead of admitting it they made these 3 unrelated updates and called it a preparation for WU4.

So I’m guessing that there is no solution nor a official statement from Asobo or Microsoft yet on this?

I’m asking because I’m wondering if I should or should not fire up my sim.

I’m gonna play Hitman this weekend!!

1 Like

Yeah. In that way… I think that I like how this formum work, but maybe it can be a good idea if they can put “remarks” or “highlights” on their anouncements so people can find what MSFS/Asobo said rightaway. Instead of thinking that Asobo/MSFS don’t say anything because they can’t find it.

The community manager has confirmed already that this has been pushed up to the QA team, so there is no question whether they’re aware or not.

2 Likes

Some people click “NO” and that bugged the sim anyway :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been flying without any issues, but am wondering whether i should apply those updated packages in Content Manager.

Probably not, as they’ll not make any difference to what I was planning to do in MSFS this weekend.

ArmA3 in multiplayer… there are Helis :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes