Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

So, in summary, until this latest hideousness is sorted out:
When faced with the Packages Updates screen;

Just say “No!”

You are correct.

Hello,
The same thing for me !
After an in-game message: “your packages are out of data”, I lost all my progress in the game !
All !
Almost 200h reduce to 1h !
Nothing in the logbook.
I am really disgusted !

I am playing with an xboxlive account, on the european server.
This happened when I started the “take off with the A320” tutorial.

I can’t even set to live time/traffic/weather…

or select server

Not only the lost of hours, logbook, etc, etc also performance is very bad.
Look this two pictures flying by the same place. First one at the end of March after the patch and the second one today. Look in the upper left side to see the fps.

2 Likes

New here but not in the sim (200hrs MSFS so far) but since Apr 8th I can’t get access to Live services such as Live Weather, Traffic etc. I did reset my Xbox Live pwd but even I noticed that I couldn’t access the server while Sim running. After full unistall I could only then provide my Xbox creds again and now still downloading 155GB.
It happened suddenly, I have a couple of heavy mods such as FBW A32x dev, WT G3K, TBM930 mod etc but none were installed in that time frame. Sunddenly no online services and that’s it… After account disconnection within the sim, I get a popup to connect and it stays there for hours…

I will see if the full reinstall will sort it out, I think yes coz I got prompted early for my creds and it worked out…

Thx to all

I am in Germany and I cannot connect to any servers, I have a greyed out Marketplace and no live weather and no live traffic and no live players. (which propably all comes from not being able to connect to the servers)

It’s a bit unfortunate because I wanted to take part in my first Community Event today.

I can fly but the performance is terrible. Stutters and I sometimes have only 10 FPS (I normally have 30-40 FPS).

My profile is still there. I hope it doesn’t get deleted once I can actually connect to the servers.

about 28 hours ago I flew for the last time and had this ‘packages outdated’ message, on which I pressed ‘NO’. (Because of being annoyed for being distuebed midlfight with such nonsense)
I did not notice anything yesterday after this but I also played for only 15 minutes after that, I was on my final approach for the day anyhow.

I hope this post somehow helps to resolve the issue.

1 Like

From my little tests, enabling live weather or such triggers ‘the prompt’, which it is advisable to just say NO. At least, I still have my settings and stats. I noticed live time is ok to be enabled.

Also I made a backup of my wgs folder from “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData”.

Until the nice devs sort this bug out I’ll be exploring/configuring offline weather…

Have a blessed weekend all

in addition: I play the MS Store version via Gamepass and when the thing happened yesterday, I was flying around in the southern coastal part of the southern island of New Zealand in the Savage Grravel plane. I think my last airport yesterday was called ‘Gore’ (rural airstrip). I was flying with edited time and sunny weather without any traffic and no other players. (as I mostly do) . The game usually connects me to the Northern Europan Server.

24h later still no fix, useless.
Was there any official acknowledgement of an issue until now?

how the heck are you getting 50+ fps? im lucky to get 30…with a very high end pc

That was before this Titanic sink

1 Like

Bottom-line up front. No problems, here.

Just to expand on my recent experience concerning this subject:

I have no free add-ons, nothing in the Community Folder. Only purchased add-on is the Waco YMF5.

I have removed all the original aircraft and Bespoke Airports that I never use or intend to use. (That frees up considerable space on the SSD, BTW.) Total hard drive space used by my MSFS - 90GB.

Checked my Content Manager, this morning, and found a downloadable 50MB update for Stewart International Airport (KSWF). Downloaded and installed it without a hitch - super fast!

All flight log information, accumulated hours, etc. are still there from last August through today.

Hate to pontificate too much, but my thought is that during these still very early days of this highly complex simulators deployment, if you want to minimize issues and not become essentially a member of the “tweak and test” community, just stick to the defaults as much as you can tolerate…

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged from another topic.

After more than 220hours in my flight history, it turned to zero !!!

Zendesk: ticket # 100961

Great find! Works as described, no data loss here.

:pray: Thank YOU! :pray:

Good for you! Remember next time your internet dips to press yes and any key when the sim asks. You’re running a tight system and will surely have no problems!

Bug ist still active, even though I updated the packages when starting MSFS, it continues to ask for update in midflight, and disconnects all net service for msfs when answering with NO. MSFS is not flyable for me anymore, I do not want to fly in that synthetic landclass textures offline. And still, all flights in the log before the bug appeared are gone, the flights since then are stored with es lot of nonense data…

1 Like

I absolutely agree folks should stick with the defaults if they’re not comfortable messing with settings, etc. However, I don’t feel this is related to any special addon or size of addon. I’m very lucky like you and still have all my hours and can connect to online services just fine. I have 600+ addons in my Community folder.

This feels like the last world update, where preparations are being made for the release, or, the “beta” test isn’t quite as separate from “production” as it should be (I work in IT and I’ve made this mistake before). So, it’s all server side IMO.

When I read about this problem Friday morning, the very first thing I did on initial loading of MSFS was to go to the Content Manager. I did find updates for KDFW, KSWF and one landing challenge, which I installed.

I then flew for about 2 hours with no issues. I was online the entire time.

Just now, I fired up the sim and started setting up a flight on the ground at KBOS. As sometimes happens, I was disconnected from the server. A minute or so later, I was automatically reconnected, and sure enough, received the “packages out of date” message.

I doubt that the KDFW and KSWF updates have anything to do with this problem. Those might have been there for quite some time - anything in the Content Manager should be an optional update - (not mandatory) in any case. A while back I had a bunch of livery updates in there (probably for weeks) before I happened to go to the Content Manager and noticed they were available.

What I think has happened is that at least some elements of the upcoming World Update 4 have been pre-staged on the servers, which is fine - but if they are going to do that, they need to make very sure that those elements remain in an inactive “standby” mode, until the full update is ready to go, which won’t happen until Tuesday.

Or there may indeed be a beta test group that is configured to receive the full update now, but the server is mistakenly trying to push updated content to the entire MSFS user base, which is not ready for it.

Major updates are always preceded by an update of the main sim executable, downloaded from the MS Store, which has to be in place and running before any new packages can be installed.

I answered “no” to the message and shut down the sim until they fix this problem. I don’t care if I lose my logbook, but I do not want to lose all my carefully crafted and tested graphics and controller settings.

1 Like

Make sure your settings were not reset. Mine was - not only graphic settings, but data was off! So it won’t connect and no photogrammetry or satellite maps. I turned it on and it resumed OK.