Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

Heeelp!

I just ran into the same problem: in the middle of a flight the dreaded “our packages are outdated” dialog showed up for me today as well. Initially I ignored the request to go back to the login page (by clicking “No”), but of course from that point onwards I was “offline” (from my XBox account, or whatever: no other aircrafts to be seen, artificial ATC voice etc.).

So eventually I decided to press “ESC” and “Logout”, and shortly after I was greeted with a XBox login mask. But when clicking on the “Login” (Anmelden) button nothing happens (except that the “focus border” of the button disappears and the waiting animation of death circle keeps spinning…).

How do I solve this problem? FS 2020 purchased on Steam.

Lost over 1200 hours. :unamused:

5 Likes

Had the “packages out of date” pop up a few times since last week. Haven’t lost my logbook yet but it does seem to log me out of the internet so I have to log back in again.

This just happened to me for the first time this morning as well, right in the middle of a long-haul across Canada too! I clicked ‘no’ on the prompt since I was mid-descent into CYYC, but even after logging out and back on again haven’t been able to get back to online status. Logbook seems to be intact, though I lost any record of that long flight from Toronto… Hopefully we get some resolution soon!

For me, too, the day before yesterday. Logbook gone. Online goes nothing more. Also in the memory allocation seems to be missing something. Full disaster.

1 Like

I just had this “Packages out of date” this afternoon. After reading the comments, I have decided not to update until we hear from MS…also, I am going to open a ticket in support Zendesk.

Same here once last week once today very annoying. Everytime I begin a flight I ask myself what wrong is gonna happen today ? This needs to be addressed ASAP!

I didn’t mean to be rude. You are being rude and nobody considered you as a friend. And next time be more careful about what you forwarding. We need solutions not suggestions.

Was in middle of an approach and got a message saying my content was out of date
Then got booted back to sign in screen
After pressing any key to start went in to check for content updates there were none
However now my logbook reads 0.0 hours when I was at over 767 hours
Before the flight I had checked for updates
All this after giving Asobo high praise for this version of this game
Not pleased at all

1 Like

I was in the FBW A320 at EIDW (DUBLIN) North europe server.

1 Like

Can you please give the complete folder path where the logbook is stored. I can’t find anything under the path you posted.

Is the logbook stored locally on the PC?

Well, you accused me sharply as not being helpful, to say the least. That is simply not true, as many people will confirm, who found the original suggestion helpful. And you called me your friend, while not ever considering me as friend.
Now who is rude? This conversation is over, since it is not fruitful.

UPDATE (can‘t edit my original post): For the record (note to myself): I faintly remember having had the exact same problem with the XBox login form (shortly after I had installed the FS2020 in August or so), and I think that this was the solution (well, workaround):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/xbox-login-screen-stuck/145046/3?u=steeler2340

Will try tomorrow or so. But to make clear: this solves only the XBox account login thingie. I am afraid that I will also run into the „flight hours lost“ problem later on…

1 Like

According to posts above (for MS Store; I don’t know for Steam):

See these posts in this tread:

post 366:
Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date] - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

post 544:
Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date] - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

post 605:

post 679

In wgs folder, there are folders and subfolder with files, but none say “Logbook”…

1 Like

On a side note: 3 days ago game kept opening to “preset” weather instead of live weather.

And today, my co-pilot and the ATC conspired against me to land my plane before I wanted to.

Ghost in the machine.

A little apprehensive about tomorrows update.

2 Likes

This happened to me right after the England update, almost 500 hours gone, but my achievements were still there…

ruined my first flight today, so I restarted and in mid-flight it popped up again and I declined and all has gone well, (knock on wood). As Nancy Reagan, prophecized, “Just say NO”. Maybe we should reconsider using Skynet for our servers?

I’ve been reading all this today but my first moment was a week ago with me having to recheck in at Xbox.

Seriously, I think Asobo and MS need to address this.

1 Like

Received the packages out of date issue today. Lost my logbook (about 435 hours) though some of my achievements are still there but others have reset??. I weirdly also had all of my accessibility settings changed back to Mid-ground without being prompted. As also reported here data was showing as off as well.

I’ve been experiencing the “packages out of date” for the last three or four days, Logbook gone!
Had tried pretty much everything. It just happened again mid flight. :rage:
very dissapointed with Asobo/MS for a lack of communication. I think the very least for them is to acknowledge the problem and tell people they’re looking into it for a hot fix or something. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

5 Likes

Now this is an interesting theory!

I have a blazing fast fibre glass connection (10 Gbit/sec - as far the theory goes anyway, and the WiFi is the bottleneck for sure), symmetric for both download and upload.

BUT: I am running Windows 10 on an iMac, and while in my local 5 GHz WLAN to/from my NAS I am getting effective 10-12 MB/sec (when transferring large files) on macOS the bandwidth under Windows 10 (2004, running from an external SSD) is extremely slow, and unreliable at times (e.g. WLAN sometimes refuses to connect with my router after freshly starting Windows, and I have to restart the WLAN device (driver) in my iMac).

Apparently that is due to a poor WLAN card driver (older versions worked apparently better), but so far I did not bother too much, as downloading Bing data etc. is in an acceptable range (and I do not mind „popping in geometry“).

Today I got (for the first time) the same „data out of date“ dialog, and I can‘t say that the network had stopped working at that moment (I was in fact looking at other player‘s nametags moments before that dialog showed up, in order to see whether any Spitfires or Goshawks were around - and yes, I was flying with a payware (3rd party) aircraft at that time - in case that might matter). But it is certainly an interesting point, the network.