Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

I got that message for the first time ever a couple of minutes ago. And now the Marketplace is greyed out (before and after restarting the sim).

Marketplace is greyed if you click No, it disconnects the sim

So data loss is random, bad news

Offical post for this tread: Playtime gone missing - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Just got this. I updated the 3 new packages, then started my flight. About 1 hour in, out of date packages error came up, continued my flight but lost connection. I restarted sim and looks ok, but going to leave it so I dont loose my data…

Same issue here, a “packages out of date” message abotu 30 min into a flight. When I got back to the main screen, the market place is greyed out.
Reboot didn’t help either.

1st time it happened, midflight

it did a restart an then all my data was gone again i will always love this game even with all the issues

2 Likes

The game back to english language and all stats have been reset.
This happened to me just 30 minutes ago.

1 Like

Just had this glitch mid flight I’ve tried everything

I normally use wifi but I plugged in my internet for 1 night into my pc and my scenery looked like xplane the ATC sounded like Steven hawking’s voice and couldn’t click on any of the servers or store

I clicked ok and I had the menu endless loop

All fixed as soon as i went back to wifi

1 Like

What happens if you click “No” ?

I got at least the Marketplace and the servers back: I logged out of the MS store and then followed the instructions of this link:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017006900-The-Marketplace-and-or-Online-services-are-grayed-out-
Had to restart the sim agian. But my logbook is still empty, though I should have about 700h’s worth of flights.

1 Like

I followed this advice and now the sim is stuck on the press any key screen, what to do?

Alt+F4 to exit the loop

I had this issue already on 3rd January (report here https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/88047 ) I ve lost like 120h back then, and it was also after the issues with the “WARNING Your packages are out of date” pop up, today the same thing happened to me again (like an hour ago) I lost something like 110h, also activities progress, even tho I already have the Completionist achievement

1 Like

Lovely, everything had been reset and stats, logbook, gone!

It happens whatever you do. When that loop happen Asobo already had deleted everything.

Yes, that’s the problem, all the stats have gone.
In my case the language has been also changed to english again and the the realism settings have been also reset.

My settings seem to have survived, also my achievements… just the logbook is gone.
Correction… some of my achievements are gone, like landing challenges and everything related to flight hours.

Tried restoring from an old backup but that didn’t help, seems it already synced the empty stats to the cloud.