Please add mouse yoke

As I remember in MFSX can switch mouse control by Ctrl+Y, but in new version this feature disappeared.
Which I think is very unfriendly for players.

Can you provide information about that post? I canā€™t find it. Thanks

Here you go:

I would suggest buying a joystick.

Something like the Thrustmaster T.16000M is very good HOTAS package for a beginner with not to steep a price. Also the new Airbus sidestick is good and cheap.

I just want the mouse yoke feature to be back pls :sob:

1 Like

I hope theyā€™ll be adding this feature soon. Itā€™s really hard controling the aircraft on keyboard. How they didnā€™t realise this?

1 Like

You can find programs to use the mouse as a yoke.

Only a 3rd party progaram .thats what i use

Hi,

I have managed to get mouse yoke support working unofficially but its a complete pain in the **** and its not perfect by any means.

Has there been any word on any official support like with FSX with the CTRL - Y , MOUSE_AS_YOKE_TOGGLE command?

Canā€™t believe they left this outā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I love the mouse yoke on FSX! I guess Asobo studios cannot add all kinds of features. FS2020 cannot be too exciting and have missing features.

Hi! Iā€™m a gamer suffering from the SMA disease, Iā€™m stuck in bed 24/7. With my disease, I have serious difficulties with playing some of the games because my weak muscles prevent me from pressing any buttons on the keyboard, I do everything using a laptop touchpad and an on-screen keyboard, as well as other accessibility devices and programs.

Weirdly enough, Iā€™ve been able to enjoy flying with my setup, but itā€™s not very comfortable, which is why Iā€™d love to be able to use the mouse to control the yoke, and have a keybind to toggle between the cursor and yoke controls.

just an odd thought (and I havenā€™t tested it), but maybe you can plug in a second mouse, and use one for the cursor, the other for the yoke?

1 Like

Take a look at this excellent tutorial series on configuring a mouse yoke by Tik Tak.

I use it myself as I canā€™t carry a joystick around with me, and it is absolutely brilliant.

Personally, I have gone a bit further and donā€™t use a keybind at all to toggle the mouse yoke on and off, I have configured Virtual Controller so that right-click mouse toggles the mouse yoke on and off. So I can use mouse to look around / work the panels and control the yoke - no key press necessary.
This is the config I use:

1 Like

You actually canā€™t bind the mouse to yoke at all right now from what I can see.

That looks like exactly what I need! Thank you! And thanks for your right click config screenshot, as right click will definitely be more comfortable for me.

1 Like

When I first downloaded this, it finished at about 2 in the morning. It was too late for me to set up my gear, as I donā€™t have the space to leave it fully set up (I wish!), so had a quick go, and was a little dismayed that I couldnā€™t mouse yoke it. I managed a take off, and landing, using just the numeric keypad, and pretty smooth too, but it doesnā€™t really compare to an analogue control.

Voted for! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, I do manage using the keyboard, but itā€™s not ideal!Thank you!

We really need mouse control like in MSFSX. Fly using the keyboard is nightmare and I think it turns away many beginners from this beautiful game.

Please implement a mouse yoke like in FSX in the game, would improve the experience of many players that arenā€™t willing to pay for a joy stick to fly occasionally.

2 Likes

Please we need a mouse yoke like FSX, P3D and XPlane! This would help a lot of people who have no joystick or a yoke.

1 Like

Google ā€œmouse to joystickā€

1 Like

Adding to this topic, I hope this feature is added ASAP. I canā€™t get a joystick and an Xbox controller is simply unusable. FSX had this feature and XP11 also has it, massive oversight on the part of Microsoft/Asobo to not include a mouse yoke. Hopefully it gets introduced soon