Please add mouse yoke

I wish I could up-vote this a million times. Using keyboard controls renders everything un-flyable, and I shouldn’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a joystick/yolk on top of an already expensive game or use an unstable workaround (virtual controller) to do the one thing the game was made to do: fly a plane.

This was a basic feature in every past version of FS and X-Plane. Why is it missing here? This is, by far, the largest remaining oversight in the game.

Mouse yoke is really necessary for those people who doesn’t have joysticks. I can not even begin to understand why this feature isn’t in the game.

Please Asobo we need mouse yoke control like in FSX.

Not everyone own joysticks or have the money to buy them. Yes, its possible to install softwares that emulate joysticks and fly decently with them but they arent near as good as default mouse yoke ( Ctrl + Y) from FSX.

Searching for ways to pilot with mouse input i found many disabled people that cant simulate due to this. It has reached a point of becoming an accessibility problem.

I hope you guys hear us and develop a way to fly with mouse and keyboard from the box.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree! The Mouse “as yoke feature” needs to be implemented into MSF 2020. This feature is what makes P3D and FSX so accessible to everyone! I am aware of the hack workaround but it really needs to be built into the sim… How FSX and P3D have it implemented is near flawless! I’m finding it really difficult to operate the sim without this feature.

2 Likes

Hey all, the Devs aren’t taking our requests seriously enough! Myself and others have formally made requests for this feature and we feel the response is far from satisfactory.

While there are several great workarounds, none quite replicate the beautiful feature of Mouse as Yoke in its entirety.

We need to get this topping the wish list ASAP!

Thanks,

Andrew

I upvoted this a while back but since then, I have bought an actual yoke, just as many other players will have, which would explain why this isn’t at the top of the list.

Most people fly with a joystick or some sort of flight control input, however I think a mouse yoke should be standard in a flight sim, I don’t see how it is not added.

Just added my vote. This should have been obvious to the developers, so it must have been a management decision… :yum:

At the risk of getting into semantics, what on earth is a mouse yoke?
It sounds like some kind of teeny, tiny yoke that presumably very clever mice could operate!

I know, just kidding. :wink:

Not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread, but Microsoft Flight (2012) had an incredible mouse mode. It worked well, and it was very convenient and relaxing. I hope they will consider porting it over.

2 Likes

Hey guys, don’t you miss the mouse yoke option that was in all the flight simulators you ever played? I personally do miss it.

1 Like

Consoles don’t have mice, which is the only possible reason I can think of to explain it’s absence. Voted.

I miss to control this simulator with the mouse. Joystick is a “big” thing that you need to put on your desk, and I dont have enough space to do so. I also prefer not to use a freaking element on my desk and more wires, niether I want to spend a lot of money on it.
Just want a good way to use my mouse to control the plane. Mouse is something as precise (or more) than a joystick, if properly implemented. It is also more confortable in my opinion, as you don have to raiste your hand all the time. The only con I can see is that a mouse does not have as many axis as a hotas, but it is something possible if we can assing mouse wheel to power +/- and make rudder automatic. I dont have experiecne with previous sims using mouse, but I suppose they solved this matter with a solution like that.

BTW, I dont think anybody is going to do this on this simulator. Just realized that people ask for things and it is like asking a stone to have the moon. I have noticed that this sim needs A LOT of mods to fix easy things that people need and the game does not include.

1 Like

Yes, I am amazed the mouse got dropped. I am sure there were lots of meetings where it must have been mentioned, but some genius thought it would be XBox oriented so would not need mouse control. Maybe related to what they are smoking in Redmond these days.

1 Like

In every other sim I know aircrafts can of course be controlled with a mouse.

2 Likes

I can say that I have more than 200 friends who cannot play this simulation because there is no mouse yoke. osobo hopefully can listen to the players outside the airport update lol

So far this thread has not even merited a response from anyone involved, and I think that is a shame. To me that means they really don’t care to offer the same standard controls as everyone else, and that even they had before this. It would be nice if they at least had the decency to respond and explain their way of thinking on this. Even more, they could at least have the decency to be clear before purchase that it does NOT have this option!

1 Like

I have heard that the previous Microsoft flight simulator developers (FS9 / FSX) added this option because they thought about the comfort of all users and that this was added when the simulators were created, that is, it was part of the 20% development of all these simulators . now I think that MSFS will never add it since they would have to start from zero (0) due to the physics that this entails. It pains me that MSFS doesn’t add this. I hope I am wrong because I am part of the 50% of people who need this feature until then I avoid buying the simulator

Please add this. Its really fun to fly with the mouse.

2 Likes

hello everyone and MSFS team

today I realized with a publication called “COMING SOON: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION” published today 19 / OCT / 21. In this they mention that many things will come to the simulator, which makes me happy and expectant about obtaining the “mouse Yoke” as in the previous installments of the FS9 / FSX simulators so my question would be the following. really if this feature came to the simulator or just be archived. because if MSFS adds this, 50% of those of us who use other simulation platforms could buy and migrate to MSFS sooner. I hope you can answer this question