Please fix all of the missing military/civil airfields

Bing maps is blurring a lot of military airfield. When you fly above these airfield you only see a grass contours of the airfield surface. If you look at Google Maps all these airfields how are listed down here are fully displayed.
For example in the Netherlands:

Missing airfield:

• Leeuwarden airbase EHLW
  • Volkel air base EHVK
  • De Peel (former air base) EHDP ( infrastructure such as runway and taxiways are stil intact)
  • Deelen air base EHDL
  • Twente airfield ( former airbase, but now in civile use)
  • Gilze-Rijen air base EHGR
  • De kooy air base ( is under construction by [Freeware Airport] EHKD - Den Helder De Kooy)
  • Woensdrecht air base EHWO ( military and civil usage)
  • Eindhoven air base EHEH ( military and civil usage) [Freeware] Eindhoven Airport - EHEH (WIP)
  • Terlet glider airfield (next to Deelen) EHTL

My question: will this be fixed in the upcoming updates, or will there be freeware or payware available to fix this?

I’m curious why this is in your country but not in others :slight_smile:

This is one of our main airbases in The Netherlands Volkel ICAO: EHVK. The screen shot is made from Bingmaps. In the sim the whole blurred area is covered with grass. (screen shot will follow)

1 Like

Try find infos,

if that airbases are US airforce depended, not as only NATO standard. My gues :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are so many issues with civil airports and airstrips, I wonder if taking care of military (closed to civil aviation) ones is really reasonable at this time. However, I agree that seeing blurred patch on the ground isn’t appealing. Something needs to be done

2 Likes

i think some of them will improved by asobo, some by addons, but not soon

1 Like

Maybe simple question due EDDS,

are there US airforce guys? :slight_smile:

LFMI and LFTH in France are also missing. And
Toulon (LFTH) is aslo used for civil flight…

About EDDS: The U.S. Army still maintains a small helicopter base (Stuttgart Army Airfield) on the southern side of the airport, which it shares with the Baden-WĂĽrttemberg State Police helicopter wing.

Is Chateauroux or Montauban also missing?

I will give a try when I can

1 Like

1 Like

( pictures are from the missing airfield: Twente, Volkel, Woensdrecht, Soesterberg and Saint-Hubert Belgium)
image|666x500

Microsoft Flight simulator please fix this Missing airfield, some of them are not in military use any more. Also in Germany and in Belgium and France are a lot of closed or not in military used airfield how are full of grass and trees for know reason.

Yes…please add all of these AB’s…the sim already displays many of the HAS’s and other buildings…If you can add all the military AB’s in the U.S. to the sim why not European AB’s?..We would all highly appreciate it.

2 Likes

You can Download all the DUTCH airports and Airbases on Flightsim.to now… but… most of the bases has default buildings… Not like the British ones with military shelters etc…