Please release a VR hotfix ASAP

I found same issue. So I hit “CTR 0” and I could switch.

The open beta 1.21.17.0 is released today, let us hope the following hotfix brings back the fun of VR…

There are a variety of threads started in a brand new Forum section dedicated to the Public Beta that came out today, so those are a really good read…and they indicate that the VR mouse/tool bar bug was fixed and it now works again.

Do you really want to put your faith in a beta to fix VR . I only play in VR but these updates have made that impossible . My VR hangs , crashes & finally i lose all control of it & have to exit VR . It looks to me that VR is an after thought for these guys . Guess will just have to give up on MSFS for now go to X-Plane at lease they look after us VR people there . Maybe come back in 2022 or 2023 when Microsoft have finished testing this on everyone & actually have a working product .

SU5 was random crashes and poor percformance - at SU6 VR was perfect for me - smooth and no no random CTD - then SU7 f…s up everything with ramdom CTD again. After VR i cannot play pancake again. For some reason also OpenXR dev enabled will cause weird display stutter - but if i disable dev it goes away. I am really disappointed having to spend 90% of the time trying to get MSFS to run and 10% play time. As much as i love MSFS when i works in VR - as much i hate it 90% of the time. I really hope MS get their ■■■■ together and do some better pre-release testing in the future instead of this random ■■■■. RTX3080, HP Reverb G1.

3 Likes

1080ti/8700k
32GB RAM

Only issue I have in VR is the toolbar.
Everything else works smoothly.
Touch controls can use some polish though

1 Like

Frustrum culling false
Worldscale false
Reflections false
Raindrops false
Nightlight false
Viewports in non wmr little bit false
Saturation false
Gamma false
… … … …

After an hour at the latest, my eyes hurt with FS.

2 Likes

That does work but I can no longer centre my head position. The button I have assigned changes to cycle through cockpit views for some reason.

I have updated to the latest version and now my VR is unplayable. Please stop breaking this app. Your quality assurance is terrible. I know people are working hard on this but there is something fundamental missing from your processes.

I have an AMD 5900x, EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra, 32GB RAM, HTC Vive Pro 2. This setup worked fine before the most recent update. Now, VR is absolutely unusable due to the lag.

Every time i launch it i never know if i will actually be able to play it. This is almost to the point that I want a refund (even though I purchased it over the summer).

2 Likes

I cant fly without charts and need navigraph up but pressing ctrl 0 or ctrl 1 every few minutes and sometimes seconds is not fun. Waiting for hotfix before I fly again.

This problem has been fixed in the latest public Beta release.

However, be warned, this public beta introduced a new annoying bug in VR. Whenever your mouse is hovering over a toolbar window, Flight control inputs such as Throttle, Rudder pedals etc stop working. Move mouse away from windows, controls work again. MS/Asobo have acknowledged the problem but have not said when they intend to fix it.

2 Likes

You only need to press CTRL 0 once at the beginning of each flight.

Not if you use cockpit zoom function. Then you have to keep switching back and forth. Almighty pain in the ■■■.

1 Like

Do you not use navigraph?

Yes I use Navigraph.

So how do you not have to press ctrl 1 and ctrl 0 every minute… whenever I’m looking at my charts I’m always back and forth checking and I cannot do it without pressing ctrl 1 to use the opened tab navigraph uses. Cant wait for a hotfix I literally cannot fly ifr right now in vr and I’m certainly not going to go pancake mode lol

I press control 0, us Ctrl Tab (which I have binded to one of the keys on my Yoke) open Navigraph charts, set it on the seat next to me and fly. Even without keeping it open, I only have to do Ctrl 0 once at the beginning of the flight in VR then I can bring up the menu bar and open anything I want any number of times without having to do Ctrl 0 each time. I don’t use cockpit zoom in VR as I just lean in to see what I need to. The only time I have to redo Ctrl 0 in a flight is if I switch out of VR and back in again.

1 Like

Excellent stuff I’ll try that… then the patch will come in and fix it again lol. Vr truly is phenomenal.

I’m glad it’s not me…I’m completely new to Flight Sims and VR. I came from triple sim racing. Friends said I’ve got to try VR, then flight sims.
I have but the tutorials are appalling. Every one of them has a VR issue. Laughably the first instruction is to get rid of the yoke. You can’t in VR. Later there are flights that say “start your stopwatch”. I can’t. My joystick throttle is mapped but I have to right click it every time to activate it. I understand there is a fix where I’m supposed, in flight, to lift my headset, find ctrl 0, and then the menus are operable. I can’t believe that the premiere Microsoft fs that has been around for years has this issue.
I’m running a G2.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s ridiculous they didn’t release a hot fix for the VR interaction bugs from the last sim update, but as a workaround you can download the public beta release that fixes those bugs. The download instructions are in a dedicated forum sub-section, there’s a few steps but it’s easy and a must do in my view for VR to get rid of the control-0 workaround that’s a pain to deal with every time you need to interact with the mouse. It’s been out for several weeks now with good reviews but it’s unclear when this beta will be released as the next official version.