Please return the ability to see other aircraft, it's getting lonely flying IFR

As the title says, for some reason you cannot even see the nav lights, beacons of other aircaft in your vicinity at night, never mind day time. This is totally unrealistic, as in reality you can see them for miles… it’s getting pretty lonely up there now, despite plenty of traffic that is close enough to easily be visible.

3 Likes

I’m using Live Traffic and can see nav lights and aircraft. Check that your live traffic is on, mine does get switched off sometimes if the data connection is lost mid-flight.

3 Likes

Completely agree, it’s one of those little mind boggling changes from the latest update that makes you wonder where the quality assurance was…

Looking forward to the return of anti collision lights.

Turn on - show traffic nameplates.

2 Likes

Aircraft don’ t show name plates in reality. Nav lights etc are seen normally. But not in this sim since SU5

2 Likes

I do see them, as some other users have posted, nothing has changed as far as I know in this regard, check you have not turned traffic off

1 Like

Generic models no longer have lights, this mod fixes that:

As far as I know multi-player fully loaded models have lights if the player turned them on.

1 Like

I believe others saying in this topic you can see other aircraft lights (MP) are right, but they might not share the same definition of “vicinity”.

I don’t believe I have a solve for your question, but related to it, here is a topic about this you might want to check out to see if you agree with:

Increase distance threshold to see other aircraft navigation and strobe lights at night

NB: although listed in the VR section it is equally problematic in 3D.

1 Like

there are zero lights on vatsim since su5, period.

If that’s the workaround then I’d rather not see any lights, can’t stand those name plates so turn them off.

Might check out the other temp fix above, but it really needs to be sorted ASAP by Asobo and preferably with WU6.

1 Like

My temporary fix doesn’t work for premium planes. If the player has the lights turned on it will stay dark on premium planes. I could have a way to do it for premium planes like the B78X but the problem is that parameters like height will be messed up. It’s more difficult to mod them because they are encrypted. When i tried the 78X the plane was pressed on the ground and turned into a lowrider.

Workaround
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-more-navigation-lights-on-other-aircraft/446430/3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.