Make sure you report these issues in the correct way to Microsoft.
From what I understand, Microsoft does not fix issues related to PMDG aircraft themselves. For example, they would not be responsible for correcting something like blocky, low-poly wheels â that would need to be addressed by PMDG as the developer responsible for the aircraftâs modeling and rendering.
Someone has already mentioned that the nearly new PMDG 737-800 developed specifically for MSFS 2024 is not fully compatible with SU5. No problem - I will post about it as well.
Yes, exactly - both the main gear and the nose gear have blocky tires.
EDIT
Iâve been busy with various things and didnât notice that there was an update on February 12. I donât see anything in the changelog about improvements to the tire geometry. I have updated the 738 to the latest version 4.00.022 and MSFS 2024 SU5 beta is just launching now. Iâll get back to you after checking the tire geometry again.
EDIT2
After the update, the main gear tire geometry hasnât been fixed.
The nose gear tire geometry hasnât been fixed either.
The wheel rims arenât perfect either.
It might not have been a big deal back in MSFS 2020, but with MSFS 2024 and the preflight walkaround feature, itâs a real issue.
If you use the new FS2024 squishy tire model, you are limited in the number of polygons you can use. We are still not sure if it is worthwhile to use. It might be better to stick to the older model; weâll probably experiment with it a bit more. Itâs noteworthy that not all Microsoft models use this new technology.
Mathijs
Thank you for the clarification and for explaining the limitations of the new MSFS 2024 tire model. I really appreciate it - this is exactly the kind of professional response I was hoping for.
I spend more time taxiing an aircraft model in the sim than I do inspecting its parts during walk arounds. The feel of the aircraft model when driving/flying it is more important to me than the perfectly round or superbly rendered appearance of its external parts. When a choice has to be made, I will always opt for flight sim functionality over static form, and while I get that others want to see everything and all of it well done, flight simulation is this gameâs purpose, so thatâs what I value most for my recreation time and dollar. PMDG does a good job managing such trade-offs for my purposes: I felt this way when flying the Series X and still do now driving a PC. Well done!
Made a near-perfect flight in SU5 Beta in the -900ER from KSLC to KPDX. Biggest problem was self-inflicted. I waited to the last minute to request descent clearance from BATC into Portland and was given the RNAV to 10R instead of 28L as I had planned. I got distracted punching stuff into the box and missed TOD, didnât realize it for a couple minutes, then had to descend pretty steeply to get back on profile. But other than that, the plane flew the RNAV perfectly, rolling out right on the centerline. Sim performed perfectly for me too - no stutters, no hitches, no sim-induced plane issues.
Iâve had that challenge several times myself. Wish there was a reliable way to get approach info from BATC earlier in the flight without requesting descent clearance. About half the time âRequest anticipated STAR and approachâ will work. But, the other half of the time it comes back with not available.
Got the 737-600 for msfs2024, have pretty low fps. Also, sometimes some buttons are not working for example flaps up,down or speed. After sometime it worked. Sim rate 1x. No issues on the 777, SU4.
Is the 737 known for bad fps in 2024 ? Not used to that from PMDG.
VR btw.
No actually, the PMDG 737 & 777 are known for excellent performance on both Xbox and PC.
Gotta say, though, I did have VRAM exhaustion at the end of my first flight with the 737-600, with two small generic airports, on a 30 minute flight and with RTX 4080 Super with 16 GB of VRAM. There may be some room for improvement.
Not known for bad FPS in 2024, however, would you agree?
This is very interesting. I have been experiencing a significant performance drop during the roll out and taxi after landing with the 737-800. It has been absolutely terrible and seems to be getting worse in different airports. I have been doing some troubleshooting and have believed it has been related to GSX however I did a flight yesterday with the Ifly Max 8 with GSX installed and did not have the performance drop at the end of the flight at all.
After yesterdays flight and then seeing this post I am starting to think it could be the PMDG 737!
Without sounding like an idiot, and based on actual data, I can say that our aircraft are resource-light and absolutely do not have memory leaks (we do rigorous testing on that). If you notice an unexpected low framerate, please contact our support team so they can look into it with you.
If, as you say, some mouse clicks are not being registered, I think there are additional issues, as we have not seen this reported before.
Mathijs Kok
PMDG
I made a two hour flight in the -900ER from PacSimâs KSLC to iBlue Yonderâs KPDX with BATC traffic. I also have 16GB of VRAM and had zero issues. You might need to adjust your system settings - 16GB is certainly acceptable but you can stil overrun it with a combination of screen resolution, anti-aliasing mode, render scale, TLOD setting, off-screen terrain precaching setting, BIOS ReBar setting, etc.
I have a clean installation of MSFS2024 with only some improvement addons (no GSX) and the PMDG 737-800. My flight sessions usually consist of 1 long session per day, which can be up to 15 hours. I will fly the aircraft for around 4 hours, and have it sit at the destination gate for some time while iâm afk. The sim is still running, no pause. I then return to the aircraft and do the return flight, with then again another pause away from keyboard while the simâs running. Iâll then do 1 or 2 more legs before shutting down the sim. Over the course of the entire day, i have 0 FPS issues. And i donât have the latest/best hardware available:
Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus RTX 4060-OC (8GB)
Kingston Fury DDR4-3200 (96GB)
Before the PMDG 737 was released for 2024, i mostly flew Asoboâs 737 max 8. After a while it required a system reboot due to memory leaks. PMDGâs product has shown how itâs done, and Asobo could learn from this.
If you have any FPS-related issues, iâd put my money betting on game-related issues rather product-related. Do a clean re-installation of the game with only the PMDG737 installed and itâll confirm my observations.
Hi Mathijs, i was referring to just a clean installation of the game, with then only the PMDG 737 installed. The OC app correctly recognizes a clean installation of the game and offers a simple installation of the plane again. As a software developer myself i highly appreciate such clean and user-friendly software. And the kind words are nothing but deserved, i can be found giving criticism on developers too on this platform, but so far i have nothing but praise for PMDG.







