PMDG 737 Discussion (Xbox Series S|X version)

As I remember when “cold and dark” is choosen from the FMC the engine-bleeds are on. But it seems if you just start a new flight without choosing C&D from FMC it remembers the state from last flight. A few days ago when I shut the plane down I switched off both electric-hydraulic-pumps (which in C&D by default are on). Yesterday as I started a new flight they were off (noticed it when the plane did not turn at pushback:).

So if you choose “C&D” from the FMC at a new flight you can just follow the checklists which are around. If not you have to take care of some other things too (like engine-bleed and electric-hydraulic-pumps). Think that´s good, cause I think in real life you also take the plane like the last one left it and not pre-configured to a defined state).

1 Like

There’s never need to switch the ENG BLEEDS OFF except when directed by the QRH or when performing the supplementary procedures “No Engine Bleed Takeoff and Landing” as a last resort to meet the performance required for take off or go around. These switches in the real airplane are some of the unusually clean switches because they’re almost never touched. They’re always on even at night when the airplane is secured (cold&dark).

Just read your checklists.
The first item of the after take off checklist is “Air conditioning and pressurization”. That step involves checking that your airplane is pressurizing correctly and that the PACKS are in AUTO and the ENG BLEEDS are ON.

1 Like

Thanks. I am taking all on board what is being said and on Sunday will do as you suggest - thank you

Hello everyone, as regards the subject of AIRAC updates of the 737 PMDG, do we know anything about how they will intend to update? If it’s their intention to do so. It seems strange to me that xbox users have to stick with outdated AIRACs for a long time.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think PMDG knows how they’re going to go about it. If it was a simple fix, it would have been done already IMHO.

1 Like

I had a near perfect flight following yours and others advice.

I just read the new forum post on pmdg and something struck me that I didn’t know before: there will be multiple livery packs for each aircraft?! That pushes the price up considering they refuse to do everything they can to get the lowest price (eg the highest sale they can and keep it up).

1 Like

I caught the same thing. This has the potential to be pretty egregious. Many of us were taken aback by the idea that we’d have to pay for liveries at all, now there’s an insinuation that we’ll have to buy several packs.

Before this announcement, I was under the impression that I’d have to pay $5 (or less if they could release it on sale) for a single complete livery pack; now I’m imagining that as a best case scenario. I’m imagining a worst case scenario where we have to buy a few liveries at a time for $5 each. PMDG is going to anger a lot of customers if they expect people to pay for many $5 packs, whether it’s their fault or Microsoft’s.

I hope Robert just meant that there has to be a separate pack for the -700 and -800, and maybe they’ll be able to put them on sale for $2 each like we’ve seen with some of those 4Simmers liveries.

1 Like

They said they refuse to do the eternal sale that other people have done. Their reason was to do with they don’t want to abuse Microsoft’s infrastructure as these things have a real cost. I’m trying my best to be polite and diplomatic about it but I’ll at least say i strongly disagree with their reasoning.

2 Likes

I’m starting to grow suspicious that somebody’s stretching the truth with all of these reasons that they can’t give us liveries for free or as put them on a never ending sale. Maybe they’re playing us for suckers and they’re just making excuses to get few extra bucks off each of us.

I hesitate to believe that it would kill Microsoft to simply let things like this go for free on the Marketplace. I mean c’mon, they’re liveries that are supposed to be part of a $70 addon; it isn’t freeware. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just a case of Microsoft being disincentivized to work out a way to get us these liveries for free because of the profit they’ll earn by sticking with the supposed precedent of not allowing “freeware” or anything less than $5 on the marketplace.

1 Like

In a Dev Live, Jorg said that one of the issues for not being freeware is the backlog issue. Well, the backlog is falling, we will see what will happen when it gets close to 100 or less. What will be the excuse, 2024? Observing.

4 Likes

Their reasoning for not including freeware makes sense when we’re talking about actual freeware. Like I said, liveries that were meant to have accompanied a $70 addon aren’t exactly freeware; they might as well be part of the $70 purchase.

In this case PMDG intended to include the liveries as part of our purchase (or at least they say they intended to) but weren’t able to due to marktplace restrictions. I think that kind of situation warrants a distinction between itself and the ‘freeware overload’ situation that Microsoft is trying to avoid.

Liveries should be free since we essentially already paid for them as part of the 737 purchase, and it would be appropriate for Microsoft to make an exception given the circumstances.

4 Likes

There’s quite a few free packages on the marketplace from third parties that are useless without the paid package. Things called something core scenery or whatever. There’s one for the shipping add on i think and a few sceneryf ones. I have zero idea why they can’t do liveries for pmdg aircraft like this. Zero.

I wonder if someone somewhere has confused the general concept of freeware like " can we put the free f22 on marketplace for free?" with having free parts of a paid package.

5 Likes

I have a feeling PMDG are waiting for the new freeware Marketplace to be launched.

Regarding XBox Liveries for DC6 and 737

Looks like DC6 will hopefully get liveries this week and then soon for the 737.

2 Likes

Looks like very complicated process.
What are the chances this kind of liveries will be on xbox?Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Anything is possible but all depends if the PMDG team wants to continue to add to the existing library. I’d love to see Freedom One be one of the SWA liveries as well as the old Desert Gold livery.

1 Like

Unfortunately very very slim

1 Like

Someone on Reddit gave me these screenshots; apparently that’s a comprehensive list of all PMDG liveries available in the ops center.

Robert said in a post on the PMDG forums:

So I don’t think we’ll be getting many, if any special liveries for now, since we’ll be limited to the liveries that are already in the ops center. Based on what he said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the “duplicates” he was talking about are the special liveries that are currently in the ops center, which would mean that they’re getting cut from the lineup to save precious space.

I have a bit of optimism for livery selection, though. Since we have to pay, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re profitable enough to warrant the release of many more packs. Then again, maybe livery packs won’t be quite as profitable for PMDG as it is for a creator like 4Simmers, since PMDG will be going above and beyond the basic exterior models.

2 Likes