PMS50 GNS530 mod

hardly worked on this map and should be available soon.

You mean the NAV page? That would be another huge step forward to making it that much closer to the actual appearance of the GNS530.

1 Like

I ran across a good video of GNS in cockpit flight planning on youtube. Works with or without mod, but I prefer having the mod.

1.0.6 mod 

1 Like

This just keeps getting better and better.

1 Like

ahahah not released yet

1 Like

Anyway
 your work is wonderful, many thanks to you ! :+1:t2:

Amazing work. I’m not sure if its been mentioned before (not keen to read all 167 posts), but can this mod be uploaded to some central repository, like github or nexusmods? Just to make keeping it up to date (on the user end) a little easier.

Keep up the good work.

The workingtitle team was able to get simbrief imports working in the CJ4, maybe something like that could be implemented

On GitHub: https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

Ok. I will have a look. Thanks for the info.

Hello! love your mod! flying the mr20 with it is
a blast.

I have one question

ÂżDo the gns activate automatically a designed
ils aproach if i have loaded in the FPL (when entering in the area)? Or do i need to activate the frequency manually?

1 hour ago i loaded a flight plan with ils aproach but the plane keep flying straight in ils range. If im correct i need to activate manually via FPL or using the right frequency on VOR mode right?

Yes, you need to activate the approach manually. That’s the way the GNS530 works.

1 Like

AS the MSFS GNS530 is modded to become more like the RL Gramin, I am fining it increasing difficult to distinguish what in the MSFS version is working correctly, partly working, or just not working at all. This becomes even more difficult to keep tracks on as the two converge.

I assume “GNS530 Mod” is being done with reference to the Official Garmin GNS530 Manual,

What might be helpful would be an accompanying copy of the Garmin Manual, with all the areas in the manual that are working correctly in the Modded GPS, marked in some way, and kept up to date as changes are made, so it is evident to everyone as to what is being simulated correctly, and what is not.

Might help – might not – just a thought 

unfortunately distributing the manual without consent of Garmin for this purpose could be illegal. If thats the case, it would need a complete rewrite to represent the in-game variant, which is a lot of work i recon.
If that’s not the case, it would very much be appreciated yeah!

Yes, I can see that making a MODIFIED copy of the Garmin manual would be BAD, and lead to real world confusion.

What would be ideal would be a MOD for the manual. It something that took the original manual, and then showed a marked up version, without changing anything in the original manual – which is availabe in so many places on the Internet,

In The MSFS world, that would be like putting the original in “Original” and the “Mod” in the Community folder !!!

Yes, you need to activate the approach manually. That’s the way the GNS530 works.

Correct, even pressing APR on the Logitech Mulitpanel doesn’t activate it, you have to activate the approach in the GNS530.

Yes, I can see that making a MODIFIED copy of the Garmin manual would be BAD, and lead to real world confusion.

What would be ideal would be a MOD for the manual. It something that took the original manual, and then showed a marked up version, without changing anything in the original manual – which is availabe in so many places on the Internet,

In The MSFS world, that would be like putting the original in “Original” and the “Mod” in the Community folder !!!

There 's a Garmin Trainer available at https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4867 that you can use outside of MSFS to learn all it’s features at your liesure on your PC. It provides a 600 and 500 series trainer. Just note you need to keep both open to use the 500 series trainer.

Yes it depends on how integrated the autopilot system is with the Garmin. In the EC-135 the Thales autopilot was integrated into the 530/430 Garmin stack and the Thales upper modes had complete control.

That Garmin software is SO OLD, it will only install & run on XP
(unless someone has figured out a way around that )

OOOPS 
 That link is for a later version than I had. My old link would only work on XP,.

Looks like this one is an update 

RXP GNS 530W/430W v2

NB: only available for these simulator for now:
FS9, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D1, P3D2, P3D3, P3D4, P3D5, XP9, XP10, XP11

This might be the right tool you’re looking for in order to try out the real GNS 530 WAAS and GNS 430 WAAS device features in a simulator.