[Polls] Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 Discussion

You should say so also to the WT guys, that are also confused and still posting or linking to the old version in their Discord (guides)

Iā€™m sure Bishop will get the word to them :laughing: :angel:

3 Likes

We are the WT folks. :wink:

We were still linking that one while the new one was uploaded, as from an Operators Guide standpoint theyā€™re equivalent, except for the MOD SET stuff.

3 Likes

Really enjoying the Longitude improvements, but I guess it was a bit much to hope theyā€™d complete the cabin.

4 Likes

Idk why sim running super smoothly. Im shocked :smiley:
Windows11, i9 13900K, RTX 3080 2K, 32GB.

1 Like

Im on XBOX series X and honestly the stutteting issue has got considerably worse since the update, i fly with a community group and that has become completely impossible, framerates are all over the place, sone users cant even hold a connection. Did anyone actually test this update on console before realeasing it?
If you move your pilots head to look to the side the sim freezes for upto 5 seconds and may even CTD. Its not only with 3rd party aircraft but with stock Asobo/MS aircraft aswell.
Its as if there is yet ANOTHER serious memory leak happening.

2 Likes

Can i just check, There is absolutely no way to revert back to before this update?
I simply cannot enjoy this sim. My 13900k ad 4090 was running it absolutely perfectly, New pc specifically for this sim and iā€™m unable to enjoy it how i was.

No, you can not.

Yes lots of console users gave up their time and went to the bother of testing the beta. Most comments on Xbox performance were - and judging from this thread, most continue to be following the public release - positive regarding performance. Iā€™m not experiencing anything like what you describe on series X so wondering if thereā€™s a connection issue or temporary server hiccup at fault there.

Are you close enough to the course lines? I believe Iā€™ve read somewhere that you need to be close to those lines to intercept them.

1 Like

Im running the same rig with WIN10. I ran update yesterday and no issue. All i did was remove the CJ4 and LONGITUDE MODs and ALL working titles inside community folder. Before update i pulled all the WIN10 updates etc.

Xbox X

Alps 22000 ft LFLL to LFML , both addons airports

85000 ft Mont Ventoux, near Carpentras

3000 ft Marseille , photogrammetry off

things look very good for me . no stutters , textures are much less blurry . colors are sharper specially at low altitude , even if you donā€™t really see it on my pictures, use cold mode on my tv color choice

great job done for Xbox users !

sorry for poor quality pictures, itā€™s with my phone .

7 Likes

Nice. Just too bad LOWW by Gaya was a complete waste of ā‚¬25ā€¦ It always goes wrong when youā€™re about to take-off. Spending 20 minutes on the ground, doing all the pre flight checks etc no problem. Taxiing no problem. But just before the actual take-off, bam CTD.

I suspect too much high level scenery must be loaded into the memory at once, causing it to crash?

2 Likes

Everything looks better. But tcas still not working on stock A320 or lvfr series. Annoying!!

yess thatā€™s a messā€¦ as youā€™re saying 25 Euros lost it hurtsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m on windows 11. So your frame generation and vsync is working absolutely fine?

Hi there,

Could someone please show me a comparison on what was done? I am not sure I have received any of the updates despite downloading the latest of everything. I have a version update log in my MSFS, but I donā€™t see any difference.

Apparently there was weather added to the GPS systems? I donā€™t see anything. My avionics etc still looks blurry / over saturatedā€¦ has that changed? If itā€™s a technical update (within the FMS), then no problem. I was wondering whether there was a visual update.

I looked for any avionics installs in my community folder and there were none, so no need to delete anything there.

It may just be Friday and I am being daft :see_no_evil:

Hello @KnarlyVaalie,

The release notes for AAU1 are here:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

general feedback on AAU1 ā€“ it downloaded, installed , and seems to run fine. Iā€™ve flown the C172 (which I always fly and have been flying with the WT GNS430/530 MP mod) and it seems the same as before the update at first glance on my short flight and today I flew the CJ4 for a bit and I will fly it more.
Havenā€™t tried anything else yet but everything appears fine. The only odd thing was a CTD that I experienced while updating an addon airport in content manager but I restarted the sim and all seemed OK .