[Polls] Sim Update 12 (1.31.22.0) Discussion

Yeah, could be I’m using 528.24 studio driver
I find them more stable than game ready drivers , try that and let me know how it goes
Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Looks like the annoying bug that when selecting another aircraft your departure position is gone (which was reported in the beta) was not fixed before release. Unfortunate!

3 Likes

I did the update about an hour ago and I got 135 Mbps on a 400 mbps link.

3rd party toolbars in VR broken (interface scaling too small), ignored by Asobo despite the beta reports. Another case of poor regression testing and beta testing feedback management:

I do not see in the release notes where this was planned to be addressed.

VR

It was not planned to be adressed by SU12. It was introduced by SU12. So perfectly functional 3rd party toolbars are now unusable. We have another regression here.

2 Likes

I see a few posts here citing a few of the bugs that were reported in the Beta that did not make it into the fix for Sim Update 12. Some, of course, more glaring than others. We will be sure to report this feedback to the team. While some of these bugs did not make the final build due to time, many of them are being actively investigated and worked on and will be slated for a release as soon as they are able. While it may have not made it into today’s build, giving them the lead time of even a few weeks has helped the team begin fixing them rather than finding out today. So your work in the Beta has not gone unnoticed!

Thank you for everyone who did participate in the Beta. You helped us identify many issues that the team has been working through.

26 Likes

Thank you Microsoft dir bringing WASM to Xbox!

Unfortunately, it was very expensive with too much new aircraft in the hangar.

4 Likes

My apologies, not being a VR user, I hadn’t noticed this.

Could really do without that awful music playing all the way through the update process.

Thank you for answering. But we can’t defer updates and stay with the previous version. For some of us, breaking the 3rd party VR toolbars simply makes the sim unusable :frowning:
Would be great to know any schedule for a potential hotfix, hard to image not being able to fly on Vatsim in VR (charts toolbars unusable, even with Navigraph toolbar scalling option you can’t zoom enough for airport layout when taxing) until SU13 will (hopefully) fix the regressions.
Please consider raising the issue during the next live session with the devs.

do you know this feature ?

6 Likes

Well said – you beat me to it !!

2 Likes

water exclusion doesn’t work anymore. exemple hong kong third runway is surrounding by water (WFscenery)
it was raised from day one of beta but never been acknowledge and solved.
now some of our airport ar screwed up.

thank you so much.

2 Likes

Nothing major, I just dont see anything in the patch note about the Pelican update (xbox)

1 Like

Its a known fact im affraid every update always breaks a few things :frowning:

1 Like

Wow. I’m surprised and rather disappointed that they didn’t fix the melted mess of the CN Tower in Toronto. I would have thought that would have been a bit of a priority.

3 Likes

It was acknowledged, but indeed not solved:

The same for the VR 3rd party toolbars interface sizing regression.

Wasn’t expected to be, the SU12 Beta notes for Canada included fixes for everything but.

That said, if you’re on PC. Grab Roman Designs Toronto scenery pack (it’s free) and much better than the Canada World Update.

Can also get SamScene3D Toronto.

mmmm, so, do we have to wait 6 month untill being fix? (not direct question to you of course)

1 Like