[Polls] Sim Update 12 (1.31.22.0) Discussion

I’ll have a look at those alternatives. I’m still surprised something as simple as an iconic building wasn’t included in the update considering they were fixing other Canada disasters at the same time.

1 Like

Steam user here, update process was quick and all was updated, from Steam to from shop updates, in less than 15min, with good bandwith.
Launched my test scenario, and all is fine. It seems, but I’ll do more test, the CPU pressure have been lowered. I forgot to apply my usual OC for MSFS, 5Ghz on all cores (i7 10700K) and the sim didn’t stutter due to last core maximized, like usually. Displaying Task manager and yes, the last core don’t reach 100% which is positively surprising with my settings.
So my first conclusion is: Smooth. I can turn around my plane inside or outside view keeping solid 60fps and no pike or whatever I had usually. Smooth, really smooth. I’ll test with my 5Ghz OC but so far so good.
Edit: DX11 user, only 8GB VRAM in my RTX3070

1 Like

Based on the previous regressions I would say you are the optimist :wink:

He has a few free scenery packs for the GTA. They are all excellent.

His payware airports are fantastic as well. I have them all.

1 Like

No offense but that is about the least important thing to fix by Asobo right now, especially with a SU.
Just grab FreakyD’s CNTower fix and be on your merry way.

2 Likes

Obviously this costs money, but I can’t recommend enough how much sim performance has improved for me with my 4090 and i9-13900k – day and night difference. DLSS 3 is the game changer with frame generation.

Cheers SkypilotYTS

1 Like

My update keeps quiting in the middle of starting up
Can’t get it working…

1 Like

Well blah. Left the beta and now have 77GB download.

1 Like

I agree bug fixes and major issues are a priority, but if they are fixing POI’s, I would think the most iconic POI in Canada would be a bit of a priority. I’ll look at the alternative scenery packs and or CN Tower replacement as suggested by you and others though.

Since the update today, the sim isnt recognizing daylight savings time…in North America the clocks went forward an hour but the sim doesn’t reflect itbwhen using real time…

I’ve found most of time, if you cancel the download after a minute or so, then restart, it will be at a higher d/l rate. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

If the double cursor in VR instrument views bug, found in the SU8 beta here and eventually logged as a bug here, is anything to go by it can be over a year later and it is still not fixed. It’s why I don’t participate in SU betas anymore as I feel my, and others, reporting efforts on VR regressions found in previous betas rarely get fixed, if at all, in future releases.

4 Likes

H-4 Hercules “Spruce Goose”

• Yoke interaction with VR controllers simulate a yoke instead of a flight stick.

thank goodness they’re working on the important VR things though /eyeroll

4 Likes

oh,it is ready after 3 Houers,thank´s for good servers,but there was also a loop when i try to install the AN2 metall livery,cancel this now…now every time i enter mainmenu it show update in Contentmanager ,but there is nothing??? only a new bug i think…
so far the Sim work,not better as before,so update???
but i am happy if they destroy not all…as i see at moment…

I am not seeing this.

The clock in the An-2 is currently, correctly, showing my local Pacific Daylight Time.

I don’t know if there was a solution (I wasn’t in the beta) but a new version of FSUIPC was released on 15 March (I think) which I have now installed. So far (only 45 minutes tested new build) I am having no framerate issues.

Hi,

why do I have only one update in the content manager?

I have the deluxe Version… why is it locked in the update screen? I am a bit confused …

Edit: When clicking on single items I got a bunch of updates …

greets …

Anyone know if there is a fix in the pipeline for the PMDG parking brakes fix ?

i do not know,deluxe and premium went well,i get only a message for update,but there is no???