[Polls] Sim Update 15 (1.37.18.0) Discussion

You will always get good performance and aparently good visuals at FL25, but that´s just a placebo basically because in that case game is only rendering ground textures from the optimal point of view (really high above ground so just a few high resolution textures can cover several miles away), very low detail terrain LODs, almost no buildings details and AI traffic is just a couple of navigation lights, not a real 3D model, or even it´s not rendered at all.

Once you try VFR close to 1000ft or at ground level the real problems start to appear. That´s the highest workload scenario in terms of 3D rendering, with higher detail LODs, so performance issues are clearly noticeable (low fps, hitching, freezes, etc) and visuals degradation is so evident that it can turn into objects vanishing or appearing just few meters away from player, mountain LODs resulting in evident terrain morphing and mid range details resulting in blurry textures.

So I understand that some people says game always works very well for a several hours IFR flight, as they will just face maybe 5 minutes of problems during departure or approach only and no issues during several hours. But this is not meaning that game really works well, only that probability to face issues is extremely reduced due to the nature of such simulation scenario. Problems are still there, even if you don´t face them so often.

Cheers

4 Likes

This example is to show the FPS at that altitude in relation to the max graphics settings. Before SU15 is was a stutter fest even with my system. I do not have diminished visuals at any altitude. Keep in mind I even have super sampling @150%!!!

I want back to SU11/10/9. Is there any way to do this with any external software?

Everything is blurry with TAA antialiasing, buildings on airport, buttons labels, analog gauges which i can’t read, even worse when sun is shining on element. Without TAA i have much shimmering, flashing poles, jagged edges and it’s looks bad.

With TAA it’s causes me eyepain because bluryness, but without it’s ugly as hell. Those changes in TAA was unnecessary.

Bluryness started from SU10, but in SU15 is much worse, and i can’t fly, when i remember how good this sim looks in SU9/SU10/SU11. The lower version, the better sim was looked.

3 Likes

No there isn’t.

There should be.

It wouldn’t be feasible.

Will never happen on a game like this due to the online features that require everyone to play on the same code. Even IF you somehow got ahold of a prior version and installed it, you’d at the very least have to play with online data turned off, if not completely disconnect your computer from the Internet, to avoid the sim forcing you to update. That means no multiplayer, no live weather, no photogrammetry, and no live traffic.

1 Like

Now i can’t play, because i can’t stand the bluryness, it’s cause me real eye pain, because my eyes constantly trying to accomodate, so anyway i can’t play.

I could use nvidia sharpen filter, but when i use it, some displays like PFD is oversharped, because glass cockpits, screens doesn’t have bluryness.

Maybe on 4k monitor it’s doesn’t a problem, but why the hell i need to buy new graphics card and 4k monitor, just because the update, if Asobo changes something like this, should add option in menu to customize it more precisely.

And also the bluryness on elements exposed to sunlight i think is a post processing thing, which should be possible to turn off that effect.

I may be considered a hater, but I’ve been with this sim since the first update and I haven’t seen such quality degradation yet. I would understand if it will add some fps or less stutter, but there’s no change compare to previous updates.

2 Likes

Yesterday the LOD and the performance was really good

3 Likes

Of course it does at FL21. :roll_eyes:

This explained it just a few posts Up…

3 Likes

It sound very much like you have activated depth of field…

Nothing has changed in regards to blurriness.
Check your settings and turn off motion blur and depth of field and what other shenanigans are there.

I have turned off.

I have blurry buildings, aircraft buttons, gauges, when i turn on TAA antialiasing, when i have turned off TAA i have everything sharp, but also jagged edges, flickering etc. On old version i don’t have that much blur with TAA.

Its hit and miss with MS… Some days I am screaming at 500, some days I am on dial up. Been away for 4 months or so; SU updates downloaded at 100-200 (which is pretty good for me historically on my 600mb connection) and the world updates are poking along at 5 - 10… Restarted twice and no improvements.

Its crap. This is the ONLY piece of SW I own that slows to a crawl. Its a global issue, been this way since day one and no improvements to-date.

I can get A+ on buffer bloat all day long and rock a 10-15mb download speed only on MS servers all day long…

I am 5 hours at this point trying to update, plan was to do some flying today, guess I should of known better… Maybe tomorrow seeing how I still have 20g left to download and can’t get above 10mbs

Since the 2nd July outage, I also have now an issue with blurry ground texture :

Where is that location?

British Columbia, Canada

So if someone wanted to replicate that image, they would need something more accurate than that as Canada is huge. A lat/long would be ideal.

If I trust Volanta :
59°36’38.5"N 133°26’47.3"W

1 Like

I’ll have a look tonight to see what I see, then report back.

Most of the time I’ve encountered this, a subsequent investigation of aerial imagery reveals there to be smoke, clouds, or heavy snow/glacial ice fields obscuring the terrain. I believe the sim defaults to landclass textures when this happens. I ran into this quite a lot touring BC and the Canadian Rockies a few years ago.

1 Like