Possible fix for improving the graphics after SU5

Did you enable rolling cache?. After making changes to the file did you enabled read only option?. Also as mentioned above in my thread you SHOULD NOT touch any graphics settings after you modified the file.

1 Like

Rolling cache enabled…config file saved read only…I might have touch a setting in game so will follow your tips after work today…thanks

During one of the Q&A’s , wasn’t it mentioned about a possible above ultra setting being implemented in the future? Could this be optimization for PC version?

1 Like

i change to 8 terrain and objects, but not change popup trouble of terrain, textures and objects, mean may be some better, but problem stay there, and i don’t sure 8 is valid destination, may be who know sdk can help with valid value distance min-max for different settings?

ah, any stutters gone, that’s the different, forgot about this

Vote guys
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solution-for-recent-low-resolution-ground-texture-and-building-pop-in-issues/432689

3 Likes

I have no issue either than where the router was located. All fixed. Thanks anyway

Powerful CPU, GPU and memory don’t matter anymore

I don’t know about these limits either. ~8.4GB RAM and ~5.3GB VRAM
(32GB @3000, 6700k @4.6, 3080)

1 Like

First time I’ve ever seen this, in the A5 over NYC LOD both set at 5
Internet speed is fine

I’m at a loss…

Hello SanMan, thanks for your reply. Please read:

Dont touch your settings after changing usercfg file!!! You have to close MSFS in order to change the usercfg file and you have to restart MSFS.

1 Like

Yes and also save as read only. I have gone up to as high as 8 and still memory and Vram are not being utilized as they were before SU 5.

2 Likes

Well memory usage wont be higher, only Vram usage. And my Vram usage is still lower than SU4. I had 13-15 GB as normal. But it looks as good as before. If I may ask, when you put LOD of terrain and objects to 5 or more, whats your Vram usage flying low above New York? Super sampling to 180 or higher.

I can manually edit the LOD file and it looks better. However, the memory limitation causes stutters when I move my head due to loading of surrounding terrain at anything above LOD 4.

1 Like

Also doesn’t help with " pop-in". So having more then 16 gig system memory and over 10 gigs of vram is useless now???

1 Like

Well, I either could not solve the pop in problems. I think we will have to live with them until they let us turn it off. And as far as I understand the usercfg file is the method to go beyond ultra.

Finally an acknowledgment I think the first one since the hotfix?

3 Likes

Pop-in can’t be solved with the limitation they put of system ram usage.

2 Likes

Yeah I might need to install a popup blocker.

3 Likes

But turning up the LODs should at least bring your GPU to its limit.

1 Like