- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

Holy moly! I thought I have a nice homecockpit, but this… this is just beyond awesome. Congrats! Did you build this yourself? Is this from a real Emil or a replica?

And please let us know the answer to the one burning question we all have:
How did you explain this to your wife?

Hehe glad you like it! Thankfully my wife is super supportive so no problem there! I built this myself with wood and Aluminium Composite Ply. Basically I just took the blueprints off of the Guillows stick&tissue 109 Emil model, blew it up to 1:1 scale in an industrial printer, chopped and hammered the pieces together and viola! I think it came out alright! :wink:

Ps: I think my wife was glad I was out of her hair for the 6 month period :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some more pics please thats cool!

Sure! I’m travelling at the moment but will post some more in a day or two when I’m home. Is there some other place I could post? I don’t want to spam this thread.

You, please do spam. That’s the whole point of this maybe only topic with a positive vibe on the entire forum :crazy_face::+1:.

Absolutely, go for it!
I’ll spam some more as well from my evolving setup, maybe an inspiration to challenge your wive’s patience a bit more :grin:

cheers

5 Likes

Oooooh that looks amazing!

That sure made me laugh! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Still a nice and clean setup.

1 Like

Old hardware… but it’s still well functioning ! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Not as good as the real one but quite ok to fly the 737, A320 and C172 decently :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here the new video:

10 Likes

2 Likes

Here is mine. No where near as fancy as some on here. I have much jealousy. :slight_smile: but think this is a reasonable start. Enjoying the farm sim panel and the stream deck functionality. The IPad is a mini 3 that used to belong to one of my kids that was dormant but now repurposed for foreflight.

Josh

5 Likes

Very beautiful and clean setup!

1 Like

Finally… someone else reaping the benefits of the Farm Sim Panel (AKA Heavy Equipment Panel).
It’s great for controlling all MSFS cameras. Especially flying the drone.

Jim-Sim

2 Likes

Hello. Here is the photo of my unpretentious little sim.

2 Likes

Look at that mouse! it’s alive :sweat_smile:. Great setup. Has got everything you need. Six-pack, radio’s, AP. The world is yours!

1 Like

I’ve been sim racing for many years and dabbled with flight sims in that time. However, when I saw Flight Simulator at the Microsoft presentation a couple of years ago I knew it was going to be something special so have converted my racing sim rig to allow me to fly as well.

Removal of the Honeycomb yoke & iPad, two clicks forward on my seat and fix a wheel rim to my Fanatec DD2 and I’m back to driving. Lots more ideas to add!

2 Likes

Looks great. What software are you running on the iPad?

Thanks