Post your DX12 with Studio Driver Results Here

Starting this thread to get a better understanding on what folks are seeing with this.

So what is your experience so far with DX12 and Studio Driver vs No Studio Driver.

Is there a difference?

Does it compare to what was in beta build 1?

2 Likes

Like it has been said in other posts, Studio Driver does nothing because the Nvidia optimisations are turned off by Asobo until the Game Ready Driver is released by Nvidia

2 Likes

According to this, once the driver is detected, the sim automatically activates the optimization. And Asobo/MSFS have not given a statement if it’s Studio Driver or Game Ready Driver.

7 Likes

No change from previous latest Game ready driver
to the latest Studio driver.

Edit:
DX12 with non DLSS

1 Like

The patch notes clearly state the memory management is turned off

3 Likes

The studio driver was the next driver update, the message says it will turn on automatically when it detects the new driver. But the post doesnt say what the new driver is.

2 Likes

It would be AMAZING if an actual Asobo/MSFS person would communicate even a sentence about this instead of all of us trying to guess or out-knowledge the other person.

29 Likes

Totally agree.

2 Likes

Game Ready Drivers, studio drivers are not gaming

2 Likes

They do the same thing for gaming as well. Nvidia themselves have a post on this explaining there is no difference between both studio and game ready drivers when it comes to games.

2 Likes

Yes they are and if you read the other thread, some seem to belive they are superior to gamming.

LOL beer coke Yunior ;p

2 Likes

In DX11, absolute trash performance. With the normal game driver, we already lost about 10 fps with SU10 (reported many times in the beta). With the studio driver, I’m down another 20 fps on top of that to nearly single digit frame rates.

In DX12, slightly better performance, but broken ground textures everywhere and constant crashes.

Game is quite stable using DX12 in conjunction with Studio Driver 517.40.
I get a few more FPS with DX11, but DX12 is smoother for me.

3 Likes

Yeah Im getting mixed results most times FPS is terrible even in 11, I had 12 start out pretty good a few min ago, and then it just went wa wa wa in to the toliet…

For DX12, I don’t see any difference from 516.94 Game Ready to 517.40 Studio.
I do have a GTX 1660 TI GPU. (non DLSS)
Stable operation, smooth at 4K Ultra, TAA, T LoD =3, O LoD = 10.

I wonder if it is the RTX 3000 series GPUs that are having problems.

1 Like

Dx12 and studio driver no really noticeable difference.

3 Likes

Same here, broken ground textures everywhere with DirectX12, RTX 3080.

1 Like

Downloaded the new studio driver yesterday just to see if DX12 would work. Couldn’t use DX12 before in SU 9 or the beta 10 because of very high RDRThread spikes and over use of vram. It is running absolutely flawless now. I gained at least 20fps everywhere and cut all frame time ms’s in half. So if there is another/better GRD driver to be released or something else that’ll be switched on then I really don’t know how I would be able to describe it.
Ryzen 5800x3d, EVGA 2080 super. I’ve not tried DX11 with this studio driver. Don’t need to.

1 Like

using DX12 with Studio Driver 517.40.

DX12 with DLSS at ‘quality’ is smooth as butter for me.

(Frame rate locked at 30 fps because my monitor refresh rate is only 60Hz and that’s the highest stable FR I can get on my system)

3 Likes

I guess a good question would be if memory optimization is being activated with the studio driver or not

1 Like