Power dropping upon ESC to pause?

Besides the obvious FPS issue that almost ALL of us are having since the last update….has anyone else experienced the loss of power (throttle/prop/mixture) in your aircraft if you hit ESC to pause and then return to flying? I never had this before, very annoying. I have Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo hooked up, as well as the TCA Airbus and full quadrant. It was the same setup before the update so nothing changed there.

1 Like

Not new… has been around since at least December

1 Like

So, basically re-assign my axes? I don’t shut down completely, its like it just goes to idle and if I give the slightest bump to the throttle, it “remembers” where it was.

I dunno, might have to just try it and report back on findings

1 Like

I had the same problem with the Longitude when I had the CH Products Flightsim Yoke. I replaced it with the Logitech Flight Yoke System and the problem vanished. So in my case anyway, it would appear that there was some default setting that changed with the new yoke. I wish I could tell you what it was, but I never thought the new yoke would have an impact on this problem.

1 Like

Will try when I get home from work. If I remember correctly, some of my Bravo profiles were messed up after the update.

I’m going to delete and re-create a profile I have when I get home. Seems some were messed up after the latest update if I remember correctly. They worked fine before the update, so I know it’s not hardware.

I use an XBOX controller I have attached to my Honeycomb yoke for camera views, drone control, ATC commands, and other functions. I basically all the controller’s functions remapped except the right side stick which controls the camera. And I have that saved to a custom profile called My XBOX Controller

Since the UK update, it’s been resetting my XBOX controller profile to default settings with every update, which is majorly annoying. It overwrites my custom profile with the default settings, which means I have to go remap all my controls again, which is a rather time-consuming task.

That’s likely what happened to your controller as well.

1 Like

Interesting and annoying at the same time!

Indeed. Very much so. I wish our control mapping were saved locally vs in the cloud so I could back it up myself.

1 Like

I believe it’s tied to the Thrustmaster TCA quadrant special logic for handling lift off buttons (Engine start switch, etc…) and for how the internal firmware handle it’s extensions (flaps lever, spoilers lever, etc…)

With the TCA quadrant plugged in, I have a similar issue upon pressing esc and resume with the A320 : the game extends full spoilers and full flaps.

Then unplug the TCA quadrant and… magic no bug !
Then plug it back : bug happens again.

I have found a fix :
I do not have the Quadrant extensions (flaps lever and spoilers), but the game already has these buttons and axis configured. When removing these inputs from the assignments, I no longer have the problem.
The non-existant axis’ are probably applied as their default position (fully deployed).

Maybe you can find a hint for your engine stopping issues (try leaving the engine start or the engine master to on ?)

1 Like

Hmmm. I’ll give it a try later and let you know what I find.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.