PSA: OpenXR Toolkit mod is not expected to work with SU10 during beta phase

You can use NIS and FSR with an upscaling ratio set to 100%, which effectively means “sharpening only”.

4 Likes

Ok, thank you about this info. :slight_smile:

Pls think about possibility to achive more sharpness. In current version is stll too low for me (with NIS and FSR 100%). According me it will be nice to have possibility for bigger sharpness.

What is strange in the old software (OpenXR NIS Scaler configurator tool) I had it at 20% level and it looked like now 100% I suppose. I remember that if I set up sharpness at 100% it was too big effect and MSFS was unplayable due too much sharpness reason for me. So ->>> its posible to achive better result with NIS and FSR I think (as it was).

Pls think about this possibility. Iit colud be good if on current 100% level will be like 50% in the next version of software (if its possible). Thank You! :slight_smile:

We use stock NIS and FSR from Nvidia and AMD. Nothing has changed w.r.t to NIS since the original NIS scaler, and anything above 40% with NIS still looks ridiculously too sharp AFAICT.

There is no “more sharpness”, this is what Nvidia and AMD programmed. We’re just users here. They give us a range, we use it.

I suppose there is nothing stopping you today from trying a value above 100% if you edit the value directly in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenXR_Toolkit\FS2020, its called sharpness. You should be able to set it to a value above 100 (which will display correctly in the OpenXR Toolkit menu I think, but wil automatically drop back to 100% if you attempt to change it in the menu). You don’t need to restart the game or to restart VR, it should take effect immediately (assuming you’re running the latest OpenXR Toolkit).

Let me know if values above 100% actually work and achieve the desired effect. If they do, then I suppose we can remove the limit (but I’m really not sure it will work…).

1 Like

Ok, thx for reply, I try it, however Im sure 100% that in this old software (NIS Scalar) I achieved bigger sharpness result than now :slight_smile: . I’ll back with info.

So am I correct in understanding that with DLSS enabled, FSR/NIS, should be disabled in the toolkit, unless we want to use the sharpening feature in the toolkit over the in-game one?

I checked and I noticed strange thing, see this (in menu I see 100% of sharpness):

So, maybe in REG we have different value? Why I see here 64, not 100 I dont know.
I tested few settings and I see in OpenXR Toolkit this (second line):

Reg - In menu of Toolkit
150 - 336%
100 - 256%
64 - 100%

So maybe 100 in REG has to be 256% in toolkit? According me between 64 and 256% I see difference (or maybe is palcebo? :wink: ) but more than 256 I dont see the difference (checked 300 and 500).

You are setting the value in Hexadecimal (this is the choice to your right, just not sure how it translates, but I guess you want to select “Dziesietny”).

Right, see it, I’ll try it again.

Ok according me no any changes above 100. :frowning:
Its quite strange because with old software (scalar) I can use bigger result even now.
Thank You!

Some progress on SU10 support in OpenXR Toolkit:

• Found and fixed the cause of the DX12 crashes. Both FFR and DFR are now working with DX12.
    • DLSS and FFR/DFR are interfering, and are currently not usable together.
    • Also note that when using DLSS in Performance mode, I get NO gain from FFR/DFR, probably because the performance bottleneck is now somewhere else than the Pixel Shaders.
  • Still no DFR with DX11.

I know some people reported issues with NIS/FSR with DX12, and “lagging” sensation, however I am not able to reproduce that. Maybe you can provide more information on the repro. Can you try to disable all other features, and just leave NIS/FSR?

8 Likes

Do u have the new version available or do you want us to test the existing version?

Existing version is good.

1 Like

I tested FSR with everything off (I believe) in DX11 and it works great.

In DX12 with just FSR on I get a stutter when moving my head in any direction. When I able to hold my head very still the image is great. The controls in the cockpit are crisp and crystal clear.

Hope this helps!

Reverb G2
RX5700XT
R 7 3700
Windows 11

I’m not very technical in this area but if there’s anything you me to verify or try let me know and thanks for your help on this!:grinning:

Thanks. I think the other person who reported this was also on AMD GPU… this could be a sign, but I still have no idea why.

Can anyone try as well, and let me know what GPU you have and whether it works or not?

1 Like

Thx for new version!

I uninstalled driver 22.5.1 and went back and installed driver 21.4Q, no change.

I did notice if I moved my head very slowly the view seems to at first go in the wrong direction for a quick moment and then heads in the right direction and then repeats if you are still moving your head.

It acts as if what ever communicates your head movement to your view, there’s a conflict of information. My tracking area is well lit and tracks perfectly in the Cliff House, the test scene in OpenXR and MSFS2020 DX11.

Actually in the beginning of my troubleshooting about 10 days ago I uninstalled WMR and did a complete set up on my Reverb G2. I also did new installs of OpenXR and OpenXR Toolkit.

None of this made a difference.
Hope this helps.

Reverb G2
RT5700XT
R 7 3700
Windows 11

Do you have motion reprojection / can you turn it off?

To be clear there isn’t a new version available yet.

1 Like

Yes in OpenXR I have Motion Projection “disabled”.

I’m fairly new to VR so please assume nothing about my knowledge, I will not be insulted. :grinning:

Hi,
I think it was me you were talking with mbucchia, AMD 6900XT be good to hear from other non DLSS users if they see similar WMR Juddering when trying SU10 DX12 NIS and FSR through Toolkit.