PushbackZoomer: my new freeware app controls pushbacks by voice commands alone!

Hi, you don’t need any button. Just talk! Does the app also not respond with state message, if you speak “Test pushback zoomer”?
If that does not work, you need to check the audio setup. The apps uses the microphone, which is selected on this settings page (test it, there must be sound level deflection):

Hello Martin,
I lovet the voice activated features of the PushbackZoomer 1.0 but it stopped working with WT3000 v 0.72 and the the latest MSFS 1.17.3.0 at any of the airports. Can you please help me troubleshoot? OR are you planning on updating to a newer version?
best regards

Hi, what is wt3000? The G3000 from working title? Does it work without G3000?
I certainly also plan to keep the app functional&support it. I even have plans for a much more comprehensive voice controlled app. Stay tuned…!

Martin,
Sorry for the delayed reponSe. I’M in USA :EST
Yes WT3000 is Working Title G3000 v0.7.2 mod. I usually fly the Cessna Longitude with WT3000 and Dakfly 's 1.84 mod . Pushback zoomer worked flawlessly with prior versions of WT 3000 and Dakfly’s mod . I alSo uSe Pilot2ATC for ATC interraction
The only change is my update to MSFS 1.17.3.0.
I also tested it with Cesna skyhawk 172 and the without any mods at KSAN and KLAX . In both instance ZooMer did not repond to " TeSt Puhback ZooMer " or “Flightdeck to Ground” voice coMMand
IS there a log file that I can Send you?
beSt

Hi, now I have to apologize for this late answer. Is it responding to the “test pushback zoomer”-command if just my app is running and the sim remains stopped? Because the app is responding when testing on my PC and, as MSFS is stopped, this test is not dependend on the sim version.
I could imagine, that something with the sound configuration is wrong. Do you get deflections on your audio input when speaking into your mic like on this screenshot:

Hello martin,
'…s it responding to the “test pushback zoomer”-. NO. Only the tug moves into position.
'…if just my app is running and the sim remains stopped?." NO response to “Test Pushback zoomer”
“…Do you get deflections on your audio input when speaking into your mic like on this screenshot:”? YES
Also, I use my microphone on every flight to talk to ATC using Pilot2ATC.

Best regardsI have teamviewer, if you want t6o help me troubleshoot?

Hi, so all your smoketests show that it should work. Teamviewer I dont have, but the inbuilt Quick Assist could work too. But, as the inbuilt diagnostic in the app is a bit lightly developped (pursuing the goal of a minimalistic UI), there might be not so many things, I could try after all.
One more thing you could try out:
To rule out a conflict with other apps which are listening to the mic, could you try starting nothing else than PushbackZoomer (so no Pilot2ATC, no MSFS) and see whether “Test Pushback zoomer” is still not replied too?

Martin,
Tried this "…could you try starting nothing else than PushbackZoomer (so no Pilot2ATC, no MSFS) and see whether “Test Pushback zoomer” is still not replied too?
No Response from PushbackZoomer.
I give up . i will try the pushback helper … I will really miss the Zoomer.
best regards

I am preparing a test version for you to download, which enhances the diagnostic output. Hopefully that will help to isolate the issue.

Ok Thank you. I will test it .
Best

Martin,
I have been able to restore the Zoomer. ALL is well again :joy: It was a problem with my speaker settings. best Regards

1 Like