Radeon 5700XT Driver Timeout

Just an update on my previous posts

I did no try to install drives from previous release.
I did, instead, a full reinstall.

Ran cleaner tool from AMD in safe mode, it tooked 30 mins.
Then install all from strach. Chipser amd drivers and gpu latest drivers.

Set up gpu as default, so the game does not pop up on the gpu tool.

Did not try my second monitor. But since then, no issues at all.

Can you pls post a link to the cleaner tool?

i just installed the v20.8.1. - that one, I had before, and from which I know that I had no problems for some months. But maybe I will try it again with latest version, but using the cleaner as you did…

Its on AMD website

https://www.amd.com/es/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

My idea was the same but as this worked I did not try to re install previous drivers.

1 Like

Ooh you guys are getting that message during a flight? I only have to say in the main menu and within 2 minutes I get the driver timeout message or a referenced memory error :slight_smile:

I too have been getting these driver timeout issues (5700 XT). I have tried both the dec and nov drivers. Also tried changing the gaming profile to standard (though it seems to change back to gaming). Going to try another clean install and maybe the October drivers to see.

Gigabyte 5700XT OC.
Been facing the same problem in recent weeks. Sim just crashes randomly. I don’t have the mods reported by some in this thread. I didn’t update windows, download any new software, or change anything. This might be a Radeon Driven issue.

Pretty sure it is a driver issue. Didn’t have any issues with my 5700XT until about beginning of December. Also, most posts I find concerning this issue all date back to around that time. It seems something changed around then. Not sure if it’s the drivers specifically or implementations in games / game updates.

Anyone found another possible solution yet?

I was having huge problems with these timeouts on my 5700 (non-XT) until i swapped back to the October v.20.10.1 AMD Drivers.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-10-1

That seems to have resolved the problem for me and I’ve even been able to use VR which would cause the recent drivers to crash within a minute or teo.

After activating Auto Undervolting in Radeon Settings it seems to be stable… until now.

I had to go back to a previous driver too. I’m not home now but believe Im using the driver from/2/20 for my RX5700XT.

UPDATE:

Woke up this morning and saw that a CTD ended my flight. Rolling back to the October driver again.

hallo,

set your Radeon Software under grafiksettings into "energysafe ".

Since there, I had no more timeouts or CTD (MS FS2020, all Gamesettings “ultra”). My FPS are the same as before.

greatings from Germany

Did anyone tried the new amd driver to see if driver timeout keep’s showing up? I haven’t update yet, because I was thinking downgrade to October driver or even earlier version due this timeout issue.

1 Like

The new driver did not help my timeout issues. I did role back to October drivers that were listed a few posts above and they solved nearly all of my issues. If anyone is having these timeouts, I would highly suggest rolling back to those drivers. Disappointing that AMD hasn’t fixed this yet with their new drivers, as the newer version is needed for other games.

I’m running a Radeon RX 6900 XT and keep getting driver timeouts over and over again, especially in VR, but also occasionally when running MSFS on my flatscreen. What a bummer…

I tried:

• regedit TdrDelay
  • Using the “energysafe” option in Adrenalin
  • Use “Standard”-Preset
  • Deactivate Freesync

I even updated my bios and reduced my RAM timings to “default” values.

Any thoughts. Does anyone know if I can run the suggested October drivers for 6000-series cards as well?

I’m fairly sure support for the 6000 cards was added on the 30th of november (version 2.11.3), so I guess you’re out of luck with earlier drivers.

Yeah, I just gave it a shot. Hardware is not supported. I had 10 crashes tonight. It’s just no fun “playing” like that… I guess I’ll have to opt for my old 1080 TI. In contrast to the 6900 XT it did run stable, at least…

After flying without a single issue since release, I had a couple of driver timouts a few weeks ago, along with some VCRUNTIME140.DLL shenanigans.
Did a whole lot of troubleshooting steps, thought I didn’t manage to fix it, but for some reason have been flying without issues again for around 2 weeks now (RX5700XT).
I’m suspecting it’s just an unfortunate sequence of little things that cause issues.
Most likely fixes I think were uninstalling and reinstalling the VC runtime libraries, and resetting my BIOS back to defaults and re-enabling the XMP profile for my RAM after that (not sure if you tried enabling the resizable BAR support, but that could be also be something to look at (disable maybe).
Also try uninstalling the AMD drivers with their driver cleanup tool, and then reinstalling the latest ones.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

Hope it helps.

Got a 6800 couple of weeks ago and until this week had the same issue. I am running 21.1.1 drivers currently.

My problem is now fixed, here’s what I’ve done:

• DDU Tool uninstall old drivers in Safe Mode
  • disabled Freesync from the MSFS 2020 Game profile in Radeon Software
  • Disabled HDR everywhere, Windows and the FS. For the FS, you have to open usercfg.opt and change the HDR value from 1 to 0 even if it’s off or greyed out in the Graphics Settings menu, this is a must and a game bug. (and I think this is what fixed my problem)
  • enabled Vsync in Graphics Settings and left 60fps untouched
  • last but not least, and I am not sure if it made a difference where the above did, I have activated Above 4G decoding and Resize Bar in BIOS.

Thanks for your responses, guys. Regarding HDR: Setting it from 0 to 1!? Wouldn‘t that activate HDR? Also: Is HDR10 the correct parameter to set? It read 0 when I looked it up!

Sorry, I meant Zero, edited my post. You will see the result in the Graphics settings, it has to say Off. Forgot to mention that my Radeon Settings are Gaming (minus Freesync) for both Global and game profile and Power set to Manual - Balanced in Global Settings and Automatic - Default in the game profile. The only other thing I’ve done was connecting the 6800 with two separate 8-pin cables to my PSU. instead of a single 2-connector cable.