Realistic ATC

Several things should be improved (this isn’t a complete list):

• During IFR flight if controller gives visual approach they should vector you to the glideslope not on top of the airport
  • ATC should not vector you into a mountain
  • ATC should maintain appropriate spacing between aircraft
  • ATC should ask you to go direct to the first waypoint outside of their airspace if it is safe to get you out of their airspace faster

This isn’t an exhaustive list to make the ATC realistic.

1 Like

Did you search the wishlist for ATC because I’m 100% sure there are other threads already on this topic with many votes. Suggest you add your vote there rather than split the vote with another similar thread. You might want to close this one once you’ve checked out the others. Also check the bug category too as it will also be there

2 Likes

I did indeed, couldn’t see one like this. Though to be honest I spent like 2 minutes on it. The threads I saw are either vey specific (like better altitude management) or ask for new features like voice recognition. If you or someone knows of a thread that’s got the same scope would happily vote for that one.

If you have a look there is a lot of cross over with your points. You’re right they are more specific so feel free to leave as is, your choice. You might want to vote for all the others anyway and leave this one up. The issue with a topic like this is that it covers so many aspects which makes it hard to define what “fixing” would entail. More specific requests or bug reports would help that but might not cover all the bases.

I’ll leave it up because I feel that small ATC topics get fragmented and people might vote just for one that happens to come up. Broader topics tend to get more attention. Though I can see that from dev perspective it might be a bit more challenging to deliver as it’s hard to say when you should consider it “complete”.

1 Like

Hello,
We are asking that everyone break these up into one item per topic with no duplicates.

2 Likes

I am moving this to General Discussion & Feedback in 24 hours if this is not modified. Thank you.

I understand why you want to do this given the last stream, but I don’t think it’s going to help. You’ll just get lots of small topics that people vote for randomly based on which one sort of aligns with what they want. I sadly don’t have the time to figure out the exhaustive list of what constitutes a realistic ATC, go through the entire long list, figure out which items already have existing topics and create new topics for everything else. You’re basically asking us to do the work that frankly Asobo should be doing. Feel free to delete the topic or whatever you want.

I’m only enforcing rules set out by the Community Manager:

So, I have moved this to General Discussion & Feedback so the discussion can continue intact. If you would like to comment on the forums rules, you are free to email support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com.

Can we have an open discussion about this? Feel free to hijack my topic for it:

I still feel like what I said in that topic would be best. I agree that things will get messy if you split up requests in individual items but keep them all in the same generic wishlist category.
Perhaps I could add that we could have a stickied topic for each big theme in these subforums to discuss how everything would work together.

I won’t derail this topic further, as discussion about it belongs in the linked topic. (mods, feel free to lock it if people go crazy in that topic)

I understand it’s not you who is responsible. Sorry I hope I didn’t come across as personally accusing you of anything.

No worries! Hey listen, I’m also a simmer. The other day, ATC told me cleared my 172 to land while I was still abeam the numbers and then cleared an airliner on a ~4 mile final and told them to follow me. So I want more realistic ATC, as well!
@Tjoeker, I’m afraid you’re going to have to take that up with the community managers.

1 Like

I really don’t agree with the suggestion that something like this should be split into separate topics.

There are many things wrong with the ATC. If Asobo are going to fix one of these, they may as well fix many (if not all). It needs someone at Asobo to really acquaint themselves with how ATC really works, then to fly FS2020 and see where the mismatches are (checking everyone’s comments, to make sure they don’t miss anything), and then to do a major upgrade, obviously omitting those items it would be impractical to include.

If it were split into separate problems, and then only the top one or two items were fixed, it would be a waste of effort and time. The dev would lose momentum, only to have to go back to the topic again a month or so later, and try to pick up the threads so they could fix a few more on the list. If they are going to fix it, they should fix it properly and not piecemeal, much like Asobo have decided to do with the major scenery updates.