Really liking the new cockpit interaction method (update)

I think you would need to switch back to legacy control mode (default Locked) located in the accessibility options menu.

1 Like

thank you for your reply, i tried it out, i turned everything off and set it to legacy, however the dot still appears everytime i move, is this still buggy or am i doing something wrong?

yeah i think i got it now - thanks. I think I forgot to press ā€œapplyā€ earlier

Edit: Still strange to me that Legacy is not the default mode on PC.

1 Like

Iā€™m very confused by this. When I roll over a cockpit control the tool-tip says ā€œhold ā€˜?ā€™ to lockā€ which suggests it isnā€™t currently bound to anything.

Looking at the controls options I see lots of bindings for ā€˜cockpit interactionā€™ but havenā€™t a clue which the lock function is.

Am also looking for a way to disable the highlighting, thatā€™s really unnecessary. Think Iā€™ll switch back to legacy in the meantime.

2 Likes

Go into the controls setting and make sure mouse is on ā€œdefaultā€ profile, for some reason it is not after the update.

4 Likes

Are you applying settings after the change?
I donā€™t see the dot anymore but maybe my mind just zoned it out after a while or i changed another setting, ill take a look and see.

Yeah i checked just now, no dot.

I am getting NUTS with that camera bug in cockpit as well !!! it moves by itself and i canā€™t find any option to fix it.
THE WORST UPDATE SO FAR !!
Avionics on Cessna 172 not working etc etc.
This is a DISASTER !

1 Like

Hey thanks for this. My switches and knobs would turn blue when I hovered over them but they didnā€™t do anything. Setting mouse to default fixed the issue. Back to normal now! Cheers!

okay, thank you, will try it out again, big thnx for the help, really appriciate it

I got it workingā€¦ but only sometimes? Might be the mouse look, the FBW A320 mod or something else that makes it difficult. Since iā€™m already at FL210 by now iā€™m going with legacy for now :slight_smile:
Thanks for the tip tho, i donā€™t think the tooltip showed the lock and scroll technique.

Will look into that tomorrow, thanks.

Try setting controls back to legacy in Accessibility Options it defaults to Locked.

i had to put controller in default mode.I just did it

You having control issues has nothing to do with it being a ā€œkid/toy/arcadeā€ game. Do you really think the camera rotating on its own is intended behavior because itā€™s what ā€œkidsā€ want or something? Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having problems but some of these rants from people today are just silly.

2 Likes

And responding to them isā€¦?

1 Like

No I never said that the kiddy game refers to the fact there are huge Xbox popups everywhere and all settings reset to basically arcade mode it looks like a kids game now the cam bug is separate though I found in plugging the Xbox controller stopped itā€¦itā€™s not silly to rant when a supposed sim that cost hundreds suddenly doesnā€™t work ā€¦through a forced update

Still think there are more positives then negatives when using Control lock mode over legacy.

I hate it, so I am using Legacy. Pretty happy with that except I hope they bring back the old tooltips position info.

Why do you hate it?
With legacy mode have you tried turning on the Tooltips option in the accessibility section, maybe that will bring the position thing back

Because itā€™s different from the way I am used to. And I really like what I am used to. In addition, I use all three sims and have the controls configured pretty much the same in all of them. Doing it completely different in MSFS would be jarring when going between sims. Muscle memory?