[RELEASED] Discus-2c | Got Friends

No 2.0.6 in marketplace.

I have no 3rd party paint scheme installed either, so still not working

cheers

You donā€™t have by any chance the ā€œBijan Islands and Boatsā€ add-on installed? Uninstalling that one solved the problem for me.

When will they add horses to get us started?

Canā€™t tell what the first one is, looks like some kind of primary but donā€™t know any with a tapered wing but the second one is clearly a Bowlus Baby Albatross :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

No I do not have that add on installed, thanks for the info anyhow.

1 Like

Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced the new Discus update significantly reducing frame rates in VR?

Discus-2c | Flightsim.to Customers:

If you are not aware, Got Friends was terminated by Flightsim.to. So what does that mean for customers who have purchased the Discus-2c Premium or have downloaded the Discus-2c Freeware?

Discus-2c Premium:
Flightsim.to has granted us access to continue updating the Discus-2c Premium for the duration of itā€™s lifetime. So if you purchased the aircraft on Flightsim.to, rest assured that you will also be recieving all future updates. As for customers looking to buy the Discus-2c, we are not allowed to sell on Flightsim.to and you can purchase the aircraft on the In-Game Marketplace or our Official Website.

Discus-2c Freeware:
We are not allowed to host Freeware on Flightsim.to. If you are looking to either download the Discus-2c Freeware or want to update it in the future, you will need to download it from our Official Website. We are in the process of uploading all of our freeware this week while we expand our website.

Extra Information:
If you were affected by Flightsim.to and were either banned or decided to leave their website, please contact us with Proof of Purchase and we will transfer any of our aircraft from Flightsim to to our Official Website. Please ensure you have made an account on our website before contacting us.

Thank you for your continued support,

Got Friends

13 Likes

Discus-2c Standard (Freeware)

Our website has been expanded and all of our available freeware is now available for download again!

10 Likes

I have a problem to make the GPS appear: it only appears by clicking the mouse on the right button of it. I havenā€™t found the reason for this dysfunction.
Has anyone had this problem?

Still loving my Discus however:

• I miss the attitude indicator that came with the original display
  • The canopy tint (Iā€™m not a fan) setting doesnā€™t state save
  • Ditto ballast that I feel should be empty by default

Otherwise sheā€™s perfection in my eyes :heart_eyes:

PS. a night flying kit would be a nice addition if itā€™s not too difficult to include.

1 Like

Got Friendsā€™ Spring Sale

The Discus-2c Glider is now available for $5 Off on our official website for $9.99 (USD). This sale will also be live tomorrow for the in-game marketplace for both PC and Xbox.

Cheers!

1 Like

I bought the Discus as soon as it was released on the FS Marketplace and fly the FES version most of the time, whether I plan to use the engine or not.
In the meantime, I think the interior could benefit from a facelift, as the cockpit looks too tidy and synthetic to me. Maybe Iā€™m not the only one who would be happy about a visual update.
See you in the sky :slight_smile:

1 Like

Discus-2c Premium & Standard | Official Update | Version 2.0.7.

• Fixed Legacy Effects Xbox Issues (Folder/Build)
  • Updated Dashboard Detail Layer
  • Updated Gauge Glass Textures
  • Updated Legacy Launch Mechanics
  • Fixed Wing Runner Behaviors
  • Updated Xbox Specific Launch Compatibility
  • Discus-2c LXN Navigation Replacement Mod (Still Compatible with Latest Version)
  • Submitted New Update to Microsoft for In-Game Marketplace Ingestion

Emails have been sent or you can log into your Got Friendsā€™ Account to Download!

Note: Jack Bilboā€™s Navigation Mod is still compatible with this latest version!

7 Likes

I have a question. Are there any future updates planned?

(these are some of my ideas)
Maybe a new interior more like this one? (A bit more old-school)

Or the interchangable wingtips would be nice :wink:
I would love to change between 15 meter glider and a 18 meter oneā€¦

2 Likes

That will change the entire flight model. I donā€™t think that would be a trivial feature to implement.

And how would this be functionally different than just having two gliders?

I would be happy if the water ballast could be switched using the settings for the joystick assignment that are now available. In addition, the spoilers do not extend fully, although the lever is moved completely back for this. Please optimise this.
THX.
Happy Gliding.
Ralf
Ps I have the version from FS Marketplace

1 Like

Not sure if Iā€™m understanding what you are asking but there is assignable control for the water ballast valve. From the manual:

Strobe Light: Ballast Valves (Open/Close)

Hotkeys In full:

Spoiler Axis: Recommend Assigning this to your Throttle for Variable Speed Brake Control.
ā— Do Not Use the Spoiler Axis (0-100%) Setting only Spoiler Axis Setting
Throttle Axis: Recommend Assigning this to a Slider or Knob for Realistic FES Control.
Strobe Light: Ballast Valves (Open/Close)
Glareshield Light: Glareshield Light (On/Off)
Panel Light: FES FCU (On/Off)
Pedestal Light: Canopy (Open/Close)
Cabin Light: Ventilation Lever (Open/Close)
Taxi Light: FLARM (On/Off)
Logo Light: Multiplayer Towplane Connection Switch (Connect/Disconnect)
Pitot Heat: Pitot Heat (On/Off)
Navigation Light: Skip/Next Waypoint
Recognition Light: Quick Winch Disconnect
Water Rudder: Kinetic Assistant (Functions/Connections)

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. :orange_heart:
I know the manual from the Discus. For some time now, there has been a way to set the water ballast by default in the FS (toggle water ballast). Also works great with the other gliders. In the case of assignments that are not possible in the FS as in the Astro, or discus before compatible to FS, I can understand that. But draining the water is now available. And I donā€™t want to create a separate joystick setting for the Discus.
Happy Gliding.
Ralf

If it helps, you can assign two functions to the same button as I have done with tow release and toggle landing gear. If one of the functions is not used by an aircraft it will be ignored. The only issue I see with the GF ballast assignment would be with gliders that also have strobes (e.g. the AS33), if having both at the same time annoys you I imagine the strobes could also be assigned to a standalone key to act as an off switch.

1 Like

To add to this comment, our Water Ballast System is fully custom and separate from Asoboā€™s implementation. That allows us to have precise ballast to flight model adjustments and also allows the end-user to refill their ballast tanks on the fly using the ā€œBallast Control Knobā€ on the Display Bezel. Also, this allows multiplayer ballast dump visuals.

2 Likes